Author Topic: why the primitives are parasitical  (Read 736 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
why the primitives are parasitical
« on: September 07, 2009, 05:08:28 PM »
Oh my.

I just came across something that might explain why the primitives are parasitical.

One is what one eats.

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/Features/Lists/?article=MenuParasites&gt1=27004

Top 5 Menu Items Most Likely to Contain Parasites

If one doesn't want to go to the link, the parasite-infested foods include:

(a) escargot, a favorite among the cooking and baking primitives, who fancifully imagine themselves as gourmands;

(b) sushi and sashimi, a favorite among the primitives who are into "eastern" or Oriental fads;

(c) steak tatare, another favorite among the cooking and baking primitives, who ludicrously think of themselves as sophisticated;

(d) pink, or raw, hamburger;

(e) ham or pork sandwiches.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: why the primitives are parasitical
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 05:13:02 PM »
Oh my.

I just came across something that might explain why the primitives are parasitical.

One is what one eats.

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/Features/Lists/?article=MenuParasites&gt1=27004

If one doesn't want to go to the link, the parasite-infested foods include:

(a) escargot, a favorite among the cooking and baking primitives, who fancifully imagine themselves as gourmands;

(b) sushi and sashimi, a favorite among the primitives who are into "eastern" or Oriental fads;

(c) steak tatare, another favorite among the cooking and baking primitives, who ludicrously think of themselves as sophisticated;

(d) pink, or raw, hamburger;

(e) ham or pork sandwiches.

Frank Darlin'....I'm not a "primitive"....but I really like everything on your list except for the escargot.

Have loved raw hamburger since I was a little kid living in South Dakota....and raw tuna is wonderful.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 05:15:33 PM »
I like pork and ham. Hamburgers must be well done. Sushi and snails are used for fish bait.  :-)

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 05:19:10 PM »
I've had escargot, and thought it was very good.  I am a huge fan of sushi and sashimi.  Tuna and salmon sushi are absolutely delicious. Nothing else on that list sounds particularly wonderful though. 

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 08:29:58 AM »
I,too, with the exception of Escargot, like everything you mentioned, Frank. I miss the days when it was SAFE to eat raw hamburger. Nowadays, I've taken to grinding my own hamburger because I don't trust the meat packers any more. A fair quality chuck roast makes some really nice hamburger and is usually cheaper than a similar grind from the grocery store.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 03:21:57 PM »
I've had good escargot and bad escargot.  Very steak-like when its done right.  I'm not a big fan of raw tuna but I like mine cooked rare or as a cevice served with a salad.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.