Author Topic: why we watch the primitives  (Read 385 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
why we watch the primitives
« on: May 05, 2009, 12:51:07 AM »
This got me thinking, although damn it, it's been explained over and over too many times to count.  Apparently not only are the brains of primitives feeble, but protected by a skull several inches thick, so nothing penetrates.

DireStrike (1000+ posts)      Fri May-01-09 07:11 PM
Response to Original message

17. Wow this is creepy. Do we have DUers who go over there and try to sort out the details of freepers' lives, dissect their arguments, and behave in such a generally obsessive manner? Man I hope not.

So.....once again, around the block.

There are various reasons decent and civilized people watch the primitives.

(01) For illumination and enlightenment, given that Skins's island has the smartest, wisest, kindest, cerebralest, people in the whole wide world.

(02) For "opposition research," to learn what the Best and the Brightest of the Democrat party are doing.

(03) For amusement; the primitives and their awkward antics can be more entertaining than a whole week of half-hour television situation comedies.

Those three reasons above might explain why most decent and civilized people watch the primitives on Skins's island, but franksolich has a couple more reasons.

(04) For anthropological and sociological observation.

(05) For reasons of quality control, to ensure that the primitives are what they allege to be.

Now, really, I've explained all these things before. 

Perhaps lurking primitives aren't aware of the DUmping Ground, a subsidiary forum to this forum, the DUmpster. 

I particularly recommend DU for guests in the DUmping Ground, which goes into detail about why decent and civilized people watch the primitives; it's pretty long, because it gives the history of Skins's island, how primitive tierity is determined, and a whole lot of other stuff.  It's a tad bit outdated now--although the information is still accurate--but damn it, it takes time to write, and then re-write, a book.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 09:22:32 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge