Author Topic: why the US military cannot work with Russia on Syria  (Read 635 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
why the US military cannot work with Russia on Syria
« on: February 18, 2017, 01:38:23 PM »
Star Member Ilsa (41,700 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028658861

David Satter, Russian scholar, explains why the US military cannot work with Russia on Syria. On CNN now.

Points: Russian military conducts war differently than US, far more civilian casualties, conducts terrorism and blames other parties. These methods put US troops at grave risk and US in jeopardy for war crimes.

Might be worth seeing full interview on CNN website.

Holy Shit!
How will we ever beat the NAZIs?

::)

Star Member Ilsa (41,700 posts)
1. "What's really worrying to me is the constant talk that Russia can be an ally..." nt

:thatsright:

Star Member former9thward (17,870 posts)
6. I am wondering if he has a problem with our alliance with the Russians in WW II?

When Russian troops did the exact same things as they fought the Nazis on the eastern front. The U.S. did not seem to mind then.

:popcorn:

Fantastic Anarchist (6,806 posts)
15. So, you want to become like ISIS in order to defeat ISIS.

You do realize that that just creates more terrorists. It makes the matter worse, not better.

Can't believe I just read your post on a progressive website.

:???:

16. Well I don't know why an anarchist is posting about anything on a progressive website.

If you are principled I would think anything posted here would upset you. If you read my original post you will notice I don't want us to fight ISIS. But if we are to do it then we must fight without restraints or it will end in failure and needless deaths. Conventional warfare has been a failure in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan. The Taliban with ISIS elements has increased its land area by 50% during the Obama war years. Do wish more of that failure and needless deaths?

:rotf:

Fantastic Anarchist (6,806 posts)
23. This website allows progressives to post.

As a progressive who identifies specifically as an anarchist, I will continue to post here, with or without your permission.

I shouldn't have had to explain that at all, but I'm feeling charitable, so today's lesson is on me.

:bird:

24. You were the one who attacked me for posting. I don't need your permission either. I just thought it was ironic that an anarchist would be complaining. Of course you ignored the central questions. I guess anarchy has no answer for them.

:rotf:

Star Member wishstar (797 posts)
12. This is why Pres. Obama decided against our further involvement- too risky

... wait for it...

17. No he didn't.

He had steadily increased our presence there. A bad mistake in my view.

:rotf:  The haters are gunning for you f9w...

Charles Bukowski (791 posts)
19. But hey, since we're there, let's do as Putin does, amirite? How are things in Moscow right now?

^ because the new meme on DU is anyone who disagrees with the leftist talking points is a Moscow Mole.

Charles Bukowski (791 posts)
21. Putinbot says what?

::)
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline thundley4

Re: why the US military cannot work with Russia on Syria
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 02:08:53 PM »
Points: Russian military conducts war differently than US, far more civilian casualties, conducts terrorism and blames other parties. These methods put US troops at grave risk and US in jeopardy for war crimes.

How many wedding parties and hospitals did Obama attack with drones? The attack on the hospital was a war crime. What about Bill Clinton bombing the Chinese embassy in Belgrade?

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 07:30:56 PM »

Except for being 'way too tolerant of friendly casualties to achieve their objectives for my taste, their way actually makes a hell of a lot more sense.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 08:56:10 AM »

Wait! Are CNN and this DUer saying that the US military makes particular effort to minimize civilian casualties?! Fake News! Fake News! Fake News! FAKE NEWS!!!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.