Author Topic: Why we don't inflate our tires.  (Read 3650 times)

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Why we don't inflate our tires.
« on: August 09, 2008, 06:31:45 PM »
edhopper  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-09-08 03:55 PM
Original message

Because the thieving pig-f*ckers at the oil companies decided to squeeze a few more pennies from us by charging for air. And then moving the air hose away from the gas pumps, making it a major pain in the ass to inflate our tires. When it was free and easy, we could keep them inflated.
So how about a national call for free air at gas stations.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3765187

Curses ! Who would have thought a private company would make you pay for its services.

Wait, I know, Lets get Big Brother to FORCE them to give it to us for free.

rucky  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal    Sat Aug-09-08 03:56 PM
Response to Original message
1. just ask the person behind the counter to turn on the air.

9 times out of 10, they do it for me.

:shrug:

isentropic  (99 posts) Sat Aug-09-08 06:59 PM
32. By the way, no oil company would complain if one of their station managers put in free air.

It could only increase sales.

A glimmer of sanity and the sound of a chisel on a granite slab.

BrotherBuzz  (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-09-08 03:57 PM
2. By law, that air (and water) is free in California

California. Why am I not surprised.

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-09-08 04:03 PM
Response to Reply #2
7. I didn't know that.

But, then, I just got my drivers license after not having one for ten years. So I missed out on all that.

I got my license without even taking the driving test.

Gave 'em a fake address, too.

It was so easy.

TOMMY BOY !!!

Winebrat Donating Member (1000+ posts)    Sat Aug-09-08 04:07 PM
Response to Reply #7
11. Excuse me,

but how did you manage in Tiburon without a D.L.? I lived in San Francisco for ten years without owning car, but occasionally I had to rent one.

So shoot me -- I'm nosy.

Ha managed because he's TomInTib. Heck, whenever Chuck Norris gets stuck, he calls Tom in to help.

TomInTib Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-09-08 04:36 PM
Response to Reply #11
20. Actually, it is quite simple.

I live on the hill in Old Town, directly over the Ferry landing. I can walk to a dozen restaurants and four bars in just a few minutes.

In the past, if i wanted to go out of town, I would offer to buy gas in exchange for a ride.

But when gasoline nudged $5, I said to hell with that. So I got a license.

And I joked around with the nice lady at DMV in Corte Madera and she wrote something on the bottom of my application that waived the driving test requirement.

I was astounded.

"You so funny, you so cute. You don't need no driving test."

That's what she told me.

Bwaahahahahahaa.

Winebrat Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-09-08 04:57 PM
Response to Reply #20
27. Very funny. Only in Marin, I suppose.

*snort* LOL

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Why we don't inflate our tires.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 06:41:21 PM »
...and how in the hell are they supposed to pay for the electricity to run the machine? How are they supposed to pay for the maintenance on the machine? How are they supposed to pay for the MACHINE? This idiotic ****ing point is about like arguing why the gas stations charge you for gas. Water? They have to pay for that as well. How else do you think they get it? Magic? Someone has to clean it. Someone has to maintain the lines to the station. Someone has to install the faucet. Damn you idiots are stupid.  :censored:

Here, you want free air? Get off your lazy asses and buy one of these:

NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 07:01:03 PM »
edhopper  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-09-08 03:55 PM
Original message

Because the thieving pig-f*ckers at the oil companies decided to squeeze a few more pennies from us by charging for air. And then moving the air hose away from the gas pumps, making it a major pain in the ass to inflate our tires. When it was free and easy, we could keep them inflated.
So how about a national call for free air at gas stations.

Just like DUmmie not to know that the VAST majorty of gas stations are not owned by any major oil company.

Even big EEEEEVIL Exxon only owns about 2,000 stations in the entire country.
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 07:02:41 PM »
I thought Tit had a high end Porsche?
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 07:03:25 PM »
If you're bitching about spending 50-75 cents to inflate all four tires, you are too damn stupid to f'n drive.  ::)

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 07:04:08 PM »
They think everything in the world is free but has been captured by some evil company to deny them access to it.
It is stupidity beyond description.

As for Tom....we all have had dealings with the DMV and they are many things but slacking about paperwork requirements is not one of them.

Nice fake pat on your own back you demented fool.
Keep that phony life going so you will inevitably die poor,broke,lonely and miserable.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 07:07:23 PM »
I have something similar to this:

http://www.autozone.com/selectedZip,30809/initialAction,accessoryProductDetail/initialR,719457/shopping/selectZip.htm

Guess the DUmmies are to damn cheap to buy one.  ::)

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 07:09:35 PM »
...and how in the hell are they supposed to pay for the electricity to run the machine? How are they supposed to pay for the maintenance on the machine? How are they supposed to pay for the MACHINE? This idiotic ****ing point is about like arguing why the gas stations charge you for gas. Water? They have to pay for that as well. How else do you think they get it? Magic? Someone has to clean it. Someone has to maintain the lines to the station. Someone has to install the faucet. Damn you idiots are stupid.  :censored:

Here, you want free air? Get off your lazy asses and buy one of these:

It use to be all stations had water and air on the island - no one gave a second thought to not being able to have air and water available when filling up.  But things change.  We use to get free dishes or some other nifty thing when we filled up, too.  And Green Stamps.  And a cute tiger tail to hang out the gas tank door.  And who can forget Fina's "Pink Air Coming In 1966" promo?

Of course, we use to get bath towels in a box of laundry detergent and really cool toys in our cereal boxes.....  

Things change.  Time marches on.  Time has feet just like crows.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 07:15:04 PM »
My comment on his YouTube vid. (edited for character limit).

"TomInTib Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-09-08 04:36 PM
Response to Reply #11
And I joked around with the nice lady at DMV in Corte Madera and she wrote something on the bottom of my application that waived the driving test requirement.
I was astounded.
That's what she told me."
The latest in your string of lies Tom,maybe the Department of Motor Vehicle will enjoy this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLsEJA9IEFo
 :-)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2008, 08:00:01 PM »
I thought Tit had a high end Porsche?

The story changes all the time.

That's the lying titty primitive for you.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 08:20:33 PM »

I was astounded.

That's what she told me.

Zero bongs.  I know he can't lie well, but he could at least make an effort.   ::)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2008, 09:18:15 PM »
TiT is so full of shit that he makes other people's eyes brown.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2008, 09:37:35 PM »
What gets me is this. Ok so if everyone inflates their tires then what? Have you noticed Mr. O that not every car in the USA is a brand new prius? I swear that ever since states dropped the yearly inspections  and all that went with it for cars and trucks that soome idiots will drive anything as long as it goes someplace. Alot of these cars look like they were stolen off the backlot of a MAD MAX movie. If those cars had all four tires inflated to their correct pressure then how are you going to account that thing like the plugs and filters are also being maintianed?   
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2008, 09:37:40 PM »
Food is a necessity ..... I think it should be free to all.  They have moved it too far from me and I can't get it when I want it.  They should have to deliver it to me for free.

DUmbasses.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 02:02:41 PM »
Response to Reply #11
I was astounded.
The latest in your string of lies Tom,maybe the Department of Motor Vehicle will enjoy this one.

You know, I don't like the idea of someone being on the road who perhaps can't pass a driving test. Puts everyone in danger. Perhaps the supervisor of the Corte Madera DMV needs to be called and warned that one of her female employees is giving away driver's licenses just for being cute and funny (she also should be required to take an eye exam because TiT is one UGLY MOFO).

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2008, 03:06:46 PM »
Response to Reply #11
I was astounded.

You know, I don't like the idea of someone being on the road who perhaps can't pass a driving test. Puts everyone in danger. Perhaps the supervisor of the Corte Madera DMV needs to be called and warned that one of her female employees is giving away driver's licenses just for being cute and funny (she also should be required to take an eye exam because TiT is one UGLY MOFO).

Cindie

:lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf:  H5!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008, 03:14:00 PM »
Response to Reply #11
I was astounded.

Cindie

You know that it's worth it. The time alone dropping a dime on TiT over it is entertainment enough.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008, 04:15:05 PM »
Response to Reply #11
I was astounded.

Cindie

You know that it's worth it. The time alone dropping a dime on TiT over it is entertainment enough.

I'll be sending an email tomorrow morning.

+1
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008, 04:17:36 PM »
Response to Reply #11
I was astounded.

Cindie

+1

You know you guys are wasting time reporting something that never happened, right?

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2008, 04:34:56 PM »
Response to Reply #11
I was astounded.

Cindie

+1

You know you guys are wasting time reporting something that never happened, right?

It's just like him claiming that the Tiburon cops were in his back pocket...one day, someone is going to care that he's lying on their watch.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.