Author Topic: To my brothers-and-sisters-in-arms currently serving in Afghanistan  (Read 984 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member Aviation Pro (8,799 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213676927

To my brothers-and-sisters-in-arms currently serving in Afghanistan

Let me be crystal clear, Bunker Bitch sold you, sold your lives, sold your honor, sold your service to his handler and master, Vladimir Putin. This coward, who has never worn the uniform much less volunteered to write that ultimate check, has used you as props only to cast you aside as you pull duty in one of the most miserable places in the world.

He sold you because he is compromised, he sold you because he is weak and fearful, he sold you, he sold you, he sold you.

We are at a crossroads in the country we serve and love.

Rise like the patriots you are.

Sincerely,

Aviation Pro (U.S. Army, 12A)

Lets start with the basic bullshit leftists always pull: It's fake news. Trump was never brief on this unsubstantiated rumor. There is no gottcha. If it's true, which ALL the parties agree it's not, what's the surprise? It reminds me of rumors that the Russians were helping the Iraqis with advisers during Desert Storm...

or Vietnam. The rumor then was Soviet snipers were working directly with the Viet Cong.  :whatever:

Oh, what about your brothers in Iraq? or anywhere else for that matter?

Go **** yourself.

Second: 12A = ENGINEER SENIOR SERGEANT: These Non-commissioned officers of the Corps of Engineers serve in a variety of engineering-related roles, including reconnaissance, demolitions, construction, rescue, and training.

Aviation pro.  :whatever:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Re: To my brothers-and-sisters-in-arms currently serving in Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 08:38:11 AM »
Pentagon: ‘No Corroborating Evidence’ Russians Offered Bounties for U.S. Troops in Afghanistan

“The Department of Defense continues to evaluate intelligence that Russian GRU operatives were engaged in malign activity against United States and coalition forces in Afghanistan. To date, DOD has no corroborating evidence to validate the recent allegations found in open-source reports,” said Chief Pentagon Spokesman Jonathan Hoffman.

“Regardless, we always take the safety and security of our forces in Afghanistan – and around the world – most seriously and therefore continuously adopt measures to prevent harm from potential threats,” Hoffman added.

The statement came in response to a New York Times report that claimed that a Russian military intelligence unit secretly offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants to kill U.S. and coalition forces in Afghanistan.

The Times cited anonymous officials “briefed on the matter.”

The report claimed that the U.S. “concluded months ago” that the Russian unit had offered the bounties for successful attacks last year and that Islamist militants, or criminal elements closely associated with them, collected some bounty money and that the finding was briefed to President Donald Trump.

The report claimed that the National Security Council discussed the problem at an interagency meeting in late March, and officials developed a “menu of potential options,” but the White House had not authorized any step.

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany said the president and the vice president were never briefed on the allegations, and that there was no consensus among the intelligence community on the allegations.

“The U.S. receives thousands of reports a day on intelligence, and they are subject to strict scrutiny. While the White House does not routinely comment on alleged intelligence or internal deliberations, the CIA Director, [the] National Security Advisor, and the Chief of Staff can all confirm that neither the President nor the Vice President were briefed on the alleged Russian bounty intelligence,” she said.

“There is no consensus within the intelligence community on these allegations, and, in effect, there are dissenting opinions from some in the intelligence community with regards to the veracity of what’s being reported. And the veracity of the underlying allegations continue to be evaluated,” she added.

The report comes as the president has sought to continue drawing down U.S. forces and end the war in Afghanistan.

Rep. Mike Waltz (R-FL), an Army Green Beret who has served in Afghanistan, questioned the timing of the Times’s report.

“We’ve known for years that the Russians have been supporting the Taliban through arms, through weapons, through other means…so to me, this really smacks of partisan talking points of hearing Russia and the President and trying to make hay of that in an election year,” he said Tuesday in an interview with Fox News’ Bret Baier.

Rep. Jim Banks (R-IN), a Navy veteran who has also served in Afghanistan, slammed the Times report for citing “unconfirmed intel” that is part of an ongoing investigation.

“The real scandal: We’ll likely never know the truth… Because the @nytimes used unconfirmed intel in an ONGOING investigation into targeted killing of American soldiers in order to smear the President. The blood is on their hands,” he tweeted.

“Having served in Afghanistan during the time the alleged bounties were placed, no one is angrier about this than me,” Banks added.

“Now it’s impossible to finish the investigation. All b/c the @nytimes will do anything to damage @realdonaldtrump, even if it means compromising nat’l security.”

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 08:54:17 AM »
On Monday’s broadcast of CNN’s “Cuomo Primetime,” Rep. Chris Stewart (R-UT), who was briefed on the intelligence about Russian bounties on U.S. soldiers, stated that the intelligence “isn’t something that just popped up in the last few weeks or the last few months. Some of this intel actually goes back for several years.” And that “Nancy Pelosi had this presented to her as well, in much the same format. So did Adam Schiff. All of us did.”

Stewart said, “The truth is, is that we don’t know. Could Russia have done that? Absolutely. … Do we know they did that? We just don’t know yet. Which is why the president and other senior leadership haven’t acted or done anything on this yet. Because, once again, Chris, we just don’t know. We’re trying to find out for sure. But this is something that goes back a long time too. This isn’t something that just popped up in the last few weeks or the last few months. Some of this intel actually goes back for several years.”

He later added that the president was never orally briefed on the matter, no president ever reads all of their daily brief all of the time, and “Director Ratcliffe, the CIA, the president, the vice president, Robert O’Brien, the NSA, everyone around him has been very clear that they did not brief this to the president or the vice president.

Stewart stated that he was okay with the president not being orally briefed because “it just didn’t reach the level of credibility. And by the way, here’s something that I think would back that up for you, Chris, that’s important to know, Nancy Pelosi had this presented to her as well, in much the same format. So did Adam Schiff. All of us did. It was in the general intelligence analysis that we were seeing on a daily or weekly basis. None of them picked it out and wanted to pursue it either. It was just one of many things that they were concerned about.”

Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 09:30:22 AM »
Given how many hundreds of US troops are in daily contact with Afghans of all kinds of walks of life and that Talibanders would tell family and friends about any bounty - and would taunt US troops during any engagement - "uncorroborated" means none of those hundreds of sources have heard of such a bounty. IOW, Trump was not briefed because the rumor/report was regarded as untrue.

Worse, from a DUmmie POV, it's CBS that has been out front in debunking the NYT story, not the easily dismissed Fox News. :rotf:  :tongue:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 09:38:46 AM »
If the nyt is "writing" on a subject, they are LYING on that subject.

Yet to have been proven wrong.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 12:27:15 PM »
Here's my question to all the lurking DUmmies about this BS story.  Why would Russia, or any other of our enemies pay someone, in this case the Taliban, when if given the chance the would and will do it for free.  See DUmmies, even with your child like view of the world, it doesn't make sense.  Oh an BTW, my oath was to the Constitution, it wasn't to a bunch of panty waste politicians.  In almost 40 years of service I've had plenty of orders that I may not have liked or thought they were just stupid, but as long as they are not illegal, immoral, or unethical, you just put your head down and do your job.   :bird: :censored:   
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 05:50:45 PM »
Even if it's true, as opposed to bullshit propaganda or coordinated disinformatsiya, and our political-mole-infested intel services actually managed to get one right (Which neither they nor the media have an enviable record of in SW Asia), IDGAF.  You wanna know what kind of shit our 'Best bud' Muj were doing while we turned a blind eye and opened the arsenal doors to them?  No you don't, f*ckin' trust me you don't.

The Russians have a long memory for getting ass-raped, at least as long as the CIA and their vendetta against Quaddafi long after he had given up terrorism and nuclear ambitions and had even become a force for stability.

If you actually know the full story on how the Soviets got sucked into Afghanistan, instead of the Cold War 'Russian march to the sea for warm water ports' version that the US DOD put out back then, you'd probably have rooted for the Russkiis to wipe out the Stone Age barbarians.  'Charlie Wilson's War' was a unicorns and rainbows version of what really happened, leaving out all the ugly stuff about how the war was really fought, it's about as realistic a portrayal of the events as Vic Morrow in 'Combat' and 'Hogan's Heroes' were for WWII.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 05:55:12 PM »
See attached image.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Delmar

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2020, 09:20:58 PM »
Here's my question to all the lurking DUmmies about this BS story. Why would Russia, or any other of our enemies pay someone, in this case the Taliban, when if given the chance the would and will do it for free. See DUmmies, even with your child like view of the world, it doesn't make sense. 

It doesn't make sense.  It makes about as much sense as believing that Donald Trump would pay prostitutes to pee on a bed that Obama slept in once.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2020, 11:10:43 PM »
Russiagate’s Last Gasp
https://consortiumnews.com/2020/06/29/ray-mcgovern-russiagates-last-gasp/

On Friday The New York Times featured a report based on anonymous intelligence officials that the Russians were paying bounties to have U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan with President Donald Trump refusing to do anything about it.  The flurry of Establishment media reporting that ensued provides further proof, if such were needed, that the erstwhile “paper of record” has earned a new moniker — Gray Lady of easy virtue.

Over the weekend, the Times’ dubious allegations grabbed headlines across all media that are likely to remain indelible in the minds of credulous Americans — which seems to have been the main objective. To keep the pot boiling this morning, The New York Times’ David Leonhardt’s daily web piece, “The Morning” calls prominent attention to a banal article by a Heather Cox Richardson, described as a historian at Boston College, adding specific charges to the general indictment of Trump by showing “how the Trump administration has continued to treat Russia favorably.” The following is from Richardson’s newsletter on Friday:

— “On April 1 a Russian plane brought ventilators and other medical supplies to the United States … a propaganda coup for Russia;

— “On April 25 Trump raised eyebrows by issuing a joint statement with Russian President Vladimir Putin commemorating the 75th anniversary of the historic meeting between American and Soviet troops on the bridge of the Elbe River in Germany that signaled the final defeat of the Nazis;

— “On May 3, Trump called Putin and talked for an hour and a half, a discussion Trump called ‘very positive’;

— “On May 21, the U.S. sent a humanitarian aid package worth $5.6 million to Moscow to help fight coronavirus there.  The shipment included 50 ventilators, with another 150 promised for the next week; …

— “On June 15, news broke that Trump has ordered the removal of 9,500 troops from Germany, where they support NATO against Russian aggression. …”

Long read, but worth reading.

The Kremlin called the Times reporting “nonsense … an unsophisticated plant,” and from Russia’s perspective the allegations make little sense; Moscow will see them for what they are — attempts to show that Trump is too “accommodating” to Russia.

A Taliban spokesman called the story “baseless,” adding with apparent pride that “we” have done “target killings” for years “on our own resources.”
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2020, 11:20:22 PM »
Russiagate’s Last Gasp
https://consortiumnews.com/2020/06/29/ray-mcgovern-russiagates-last-gasp/

Long read, but worth reading.

RE:  The removal of US troops from Germany....It's not to bring them back to CONUS, it's to move them to Poland, which the Russians definitely do not regard as catering to them.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.