Author Topic: olkaz, Jesus christ, Biden v Palin is going to be a bloodbath.  (Read 2536 times)

Offline tuolumnejim

olkaz, Jesus christ, Biden v Palin is going to be a bloodbath.
« on: September 26, 2008, 10:46:46 PM »
A DUmmie and I actually agree on something, but I have a feeling that it won't go the way the DUmmie is thinking.  :-)

Link

olkaz  (1000+ posts)       Sat Sep-27-08 03:28 AM
Original message
Jesus christ, Biden v Palin is going to be a bloodbath.
 If Palin can't even make make post-debate comments....

Biden should probably leave 7/8 of his brain back home to give her a chance.

A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: olkaz, Jesus christ, Biden v Palin is going to be a bloodbath.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 10:47:48 PM »
I thought Biden did that everyday???
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 10:49:32 PM »
Biden uses those 7/8ths of his brain to hold his hair plugs in.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 12:09:02 AM »
Why should she?  Everybody knows the press just wants to play a gotcha game with Palin, so why not hold her in reserve.  It frustrates the left and leaves the Democrats with no idea what they are up against.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 08:32:58 AM »
While I might grant that Palin will lose the foreign policy portion of the debate, her takes on taxes, energy, and spending given her record as AK governor are going to make Biden's "paying taxes is patriotic" comment come back to bite him squarely in the ass.

Oh, that and the rest of his toe-munching comments.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 10:31:37 AM »
Let's not kid ourselves, she is challenged when hit with "out of the blue" questions, this is not going to be a cakewalk.  If she and Joe both come through it without self-destructing, it'll be a tie with little net effect.  Both of them have little limited power to score a big gain but can damage his or her own side much more easily.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 11:21:35 AM »
Let's not kid ourselves, she is challenged when hit with "out of the blue" questions, this is not going to be a cakewalk.  If she and Joe both come through it without self-destructing, it'll be a tie with little net effect.  Both of them have little limited power to score a big gain but can damage his or her own side much more easily.

I think that her capabilities are greatly underestimated.  I think she did great with Gibson - he played gotcha and she came right back at him, the byte about the "Bush Doctrine" was spun against her hard.  But if you listen she has him flustered, and she answered his question directly unlike nObama ever does.

I also feel that she was forced by her handlers to hold back with Katie and that lead to the uncomfortable "russia" conversation - her full answer with Charlie was actually pretty good, and she's let her frustration get the better of her - that plays fine with "real" people. 

So she can't handle trained, professional, and bitter in-the-bag-for-Obama reporters.  Big deal.  Call it wishful thinking but she knows how to debate tired old crooked politicans - she did it in Alaska.

Joe's going to go into this thinking it is in the bag and he's too arrogant to think she has a chance. 

As long as McCain's people don't tell her to hold back I really think she'll nail Biden.

Plus for it to be called a Biden victory he'll really have to destroy her based on the low expectaions the media have set for her.

nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 02:52:36 PM »
Come on, we all know that plugs is going to gaffe or be so condescending that Palin is going to walk with the win.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 04:10:05 PM »

I agree with you in part - Palin looks alittle shellshocked while doing interviews with known liberal antagonizers - You can see her thinking "Where is this leading to ?" -- and she has good reason to wonder since they just want to snag her into a verbal bear trap as quickly as possible.

When watching her past debates in Alaska, Its clear she kicks ass and takes names.

I suspect once she is in a debate environment where she wont be hammered with a single question repeatedly, she will do much better. In a way Im glad that the media has been doing its best to lower expectations on Palin, to the point of suggesting she voluntarily withdraw from the campaign - I suspect she will have nearly the same impact she did during the RNC, provided my theory is correct.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 05:07:22 PM »

I agree with you in part - Palin looks alittle shellshocked while doing interviews with known liberal antagonizers - You can see her thinking "Where is this leading to ?" -- and she has good reason to wonder since they just want to snag her into a verbal bear trap as quickly as possible.

When watching her past debates in Alaska, Its clear she kicks ass and takes names.

I suspect once she is in a debate environment where she wont be hammered with a single question repeatedly, she will do much better. In a way Im glad that the media has been doing its best to lower expectations on Palin, to the point of suggesting she voluntarily withdraw from the campaign - I suspect she will have nearly the same impact she did during the RNC, provided my theory is correct.

Took the kids to the mall for some rainy-day out of the house time.  My 4yo loves Spencer gifts (if you don't know its like a PG-13 stoner/adult novelty shop) as we walked by there was a tee shirt in the window with a Picture of Sarah in a teddy with garters and a whip "This country needs to be Spanked" written under her.

Hawt.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline comradebillyboy

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 06:03:34 PM »

Expectations are so low for Palin that her performance will most likely exceed them. Biden has been on cruise control for so many years now, he may get careless and bite his foot again. But you are right, barring one of them self-destructing, the debate won't matter too much.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2008, 06:07:58 PM »
Yes and when Governor Palin wips up the stage with Plugs Biden during their debate...the DUmmies will be back to screeching about Palin "wearing a wire" or an "earpiece" to explain away why she did so well.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 06:12:55 PM »
Yes and when Governor Palin wips up the stage with Plugs Biden during their debate...the DUmmies will be back to screeching about Palin "wearing a wire" or an "earpiece" to explain away why she did so well.

Id bank on it. The primitives will howl, waggle their armpits and set so many campfires that the flames will threaten to set the whole island ablaze.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 06:26:58 PM »
I disagree that this debate is not important as the ratings for it will be through the roof. 

Answering questions for a media hack and entering into debate are two very different animals where the approach is night and day.   Sarah Palin has timing that seasoned politicians would sell their souls for.  She knows how to deliver the lines that will be immediately clipped and turned into campaign commercials for McCain.    The lady will not disappoint. 

You throw enough rope Joe's way and he can't help himself but use it and use it well for McCain's camp.   The man is completely out of control when he ad libs.   The key here is for Palin to deliver the perfect bait for him to bite -- that will require genius of McCain's campaign staff.     I really wish he had Karl Rove on his team. 

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2008, 06:32:09 PM »
While I might grant that Palin will lose the foreign policy portion of the debate, her takes on taxes, energy, and spending given her record as AK governor are going to make Biden's "paying taxes is patriotic" comment come back to bite him squarely in the ass.

Oh, that and the rest of his toe-munching comments.

He'll do like Obama and flat deny he said it.  Democrats are pathological liars, the whole lot of 'em.

Offline comradebillyboy

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 06:49:01 PM »
I disagree that this debate is not important as the ratings for it will be through the roof. 

Answering questions for a media hack and entering into debate are two very different animals where the approach is night and day.   Sarah Palin has timing that seasoned politicians would sell their souls for.  She knows how to deliver the lines that will be immediately clipped and turned into campaign commercials for McCain.    The lady will not disappoint. 

You throw enough rope Joe's way and he can't help himself but use it and use it well for McCain's camp.   The man is completely out of control when he ad libs.   The key here is for Palin to deliver the perfect bait for him to bite -- that will require genius of McCain's campaign staff.     I really wish he had Karl Rove on his team. 

I sure hope you are right

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 05:02:04 AM »
I think that it will be a "touchy-feely" thing to start with.  Then, the moderator will try to flush Palin--and wind up getting Biden, as Biden will say or do something to show him as an idiot.  It may be something sexist.  Actually, it probably will be.  Then, Palin will shock the viewing public by verbally beating Biden into the ground.

The rumblings out of the debate won't be, "Will McCain replace Palin," but "Will Obama replace Biden."
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.