Author Topic: El Pinko, WTF? Firefighters in San Diego FORCED to be in Gay Pride Parade?  (Read 884 times)

Offline tuolumnejim

I read about that last year, and yes if I were forced by upper managment to appear in anything like this I probably would have quit and sued for a hostle workplace enviroment.

Some of the DUmmies do see that some could be uncomfortabe in his place, but most are demoNrat dimwits with a "so".

Link

El Pinko  (1000+ posts)      Thu Sep-25-08 03:02 PM
Original message
WTF? Firefighters in San Diego FORCED to be in Gay Pride Parade?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20080923-1324-...

Firefighter describes gay pride parade ordeal

By Tony Manolatos
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

1:24 p.m. September 23, 2008

SAN DIEGO – One of the firefighters suing San Diego over their forced participation in last year's gay pride parade in Hillcrest testified Tuesday that he suffered emotional distress from the event.

Alex Kane and three other firemen from Station 5 in Hillcrest were ordered to ride a fire engine for the three-hour parade because another fire team dropped out at the last minute. Since they filed suit, the city has made employee participation in all parades voluntary.

During questioning by his lawyer, Charles LiMandri, Kane said he saw sexually suggestive acts and heard lewd remarks directed at the firefighters during the procession.

Kane, who has worked as a firefighter for six years, testified that he became the butt of jokes at the fire station. He also said the parade experience adversely affected his family life.

I am a pretty vehement supporter of LGBT rights, marriage, adoption, you name it.

But forcing people to participate in a gay event? That doesn't seem right.

People also have a right to object to homosexuality on the grounds of their religion or whatever, so long as they don't infringe upon the rights of others.

I can imagine that these people would feel as uncomfortable at a gay pride parade as I would if I was FORCED to participate in some Christian event by my job. (I honestly can't imagine any form of torture more awful).

Why should firefighters be forced to participate in ANY parade? Shouldn't that sort of thing be volunteer? It has nothing to do with firefighting...

A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: El Pinko, WTF? Firefighters in San Diego FORCED to be in Gay Pride Parade?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 11:24:58 AM »
But forcing people to participate in a gay event? That doesn't seem right.

This is the people you support.  This is what the Dems you elect want to do to ALL of us.

Instead of allowing people the freedom to choose THEY are gonna tell YOU what you can and can't do..what you can and can't like and YOU are gonna have to accept it or else.

And some how the DUmmies are too stupid to see that.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 11:49:11 AM »
Odd.

The cboy4 primitive wants to be a firefighter.

He's not one yet, but he wants to be one.

I wonder if the cboy4 primitive marched.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 01:26:04 PM »
I can't believe that the pink eyed one said something that I agree with. :banghead:

We're all doomed.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 05:36:44 PM »
Just imagine if they were forced to attend conservative church services as a part of their jobs...or to receive any government assistance.   :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.