Author Topic: skypuddle, *HONEST* DU Thread: Do you know your IQ? If so, what is it, and how d  (Read 3594 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
skypuddle

"*HONEST* DU Thread: Do you know your IQ? If so, what is it, and how do you know?"

Since I know that sombody is bound to ask, mine is a measured Stanford-Binet at 4 standard deviations above normal, give or take, as measured at seven years old.

So at age 7 he could pee without getting much of it on his hands, his pants, or on the floor.  And a few years and several thousand bong hits later he still impresses himself with what he could do when he was seven.

This might be the new DUmmie poster child.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
So what number is really "normal"? I was supposedly given an IQ test before I entered college...But I got really bored half way thru it...So I prolly scored as an idiot.....I know the number I scored...but I don't know what "normal" is....
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
So what number is really "normal"? I was supposedly given an IQ test before I entered college...But I got really bored half way thru it...So I prolly scored as an idiot.....I know the number I scored...but I don't know what "normal" is....

100 is median -- "normal."
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline EastFacingNorth

• Math Geek
Blue_In_AK  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Tue Sep-23-08 03:17 AM
Response to Original message
1. I took a Mensa test quite a long time ago

and scored 152. I don't believe it.

Uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhmmmm.  I didn't think Mensa actually did testing and only took results from others' tests.

Mensa does have a test, but they don't give out an IQ score.  You're either in or out.  Alternatively, if you furnish them with the results of an IQ test indicating that you're in the 98th percentile or above (no, you don't actually have to be a literal genius to be in Mensa) they'll admit you.

Of course, you have to be simultaneously smart enough to meet their entry criteria, and dumb enough to pay their dues, in order to be a member.
Taxation if and only if Representation.

The Founding Fathers only got it half right.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Blue_In_AK  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Tue Sep-23-08 03:17 AM
Response to Original message
1. I took a Mensa test quite a long time ago

and scored 152. I don't believe it.

Uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhmmmm.  I didn't think Mensa actually did testing and only took results from others' tests.

Mensa does have a test, but they don't give out an IQ score.  You're either in or out.  Alternatively, if you furnish them with the results of an IQ test indicating that you're in the 98th percentile or above (no, you don't actually have to be a literal genius to be in Mensa) they'll admit you.

Of course, you have to be simultaneously smart enough to meet their entry criteria, and dumb enough to pay their dues, in order to be a member.

Yes, it's a "Select" group.   Self-selected for egomania and narcissism, mostly.  :lmao:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.