Author Topic: w8liftinglady, a challenge to you all as i battle sobriety and a failed relation  (Read 1082 times)

Offline tuolumnejim

Now who would have thought?  :thatsright:

Link

w8liftinglady  (1000+ posts)       Sun Sep-14-08 02:28 AM
Original message
a challenge to you all as i battle sobriety and a failed relationship
 if I can write weekly,with all my shit going on...so can you.Now is the time to make our platform chrystal-clear.

Hey DUmpmonkey if you can get yourself away from the hive, groupthink, and all the liberal hate of things not like you it would be a great starting place.

stillcool47 (1000+ posts)       Sun Sep-14-08 02:42 AM
Response to Original message
5. 16+ years here..
 but I swear if John McCain is selected I might have to re-think the whole thing. I volunteer at my Dem Headquarters. I think there are more of us than we realize who are planting the seeds that will bloom on November 4th.

Note to self, buy liquor stores in moonbat cities before November.  :-)
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
Original message
 if I can write weekly,with all my shit going on...so can you.Now is the time to make our platform chrystal-clear.

She "battles sobriety"?

Does that mean she stays drunk all the time to stave off the evils of being sober? :cheersmate:

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline whiteguyPI

• That sounds like a "you" problem
I have followed the trials an tribulations of the OP for some time now.  She lives just south of the DFW area (Red Oak) and works as a nurse or in a patient care capacity if she is telling the truth about her profession.  She strikes me as someone who knows they have a serious problem (in her case drinking) but she hasn't hit bottom enough to do anything about it.  Where that bottom is will be different for everyone...I know because I've been there.  Although my issue was not drinking, my addiction still messed up my life to the point that I reached out for help.

The key is that you have to want the help.  The OP refuses to go to 12 Step meetings because...

w8liftinglady  (1000+ posts)       Sat Sep-13-08 10:58 PM
Response to Reply #12
14. aa is on my agenda..but not locally
 they are as right wing as they come

That right there is an excuse to keep drinking.  There are millions of AA meetings all over and no two meetings are ever the same...except for the fact that there is love and acceptance there.

It is also usually true that most alcoholics or addicts have more than one addiction which is probably the case with the OP as she posts numerous items about her relationship problems.

If the OP ever lurks here, I would invite her to PM me and I'll try and help her find some help in the DFW area.  It's always anonymous and the best part is when you hear those two important words..."I know"
Haji don't surf!
Jive turkey!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
I have nothing but support for someone that realizes a destructive addiction and does what they need to get past it.
Likely it will require professional and group support.

On the other hand this person has declared that politics trumps her problems and has sought support from a group that almost to a fault glorifies drug use and any other form of escapism.

It isn`t going to work and after reading the thread over there I question if the op wants it too.
Seemed more like a woe is me thing.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Original message

She "battles sobriety"?

Does that mean she stays drunk all the time to stave off the evils of being sober? :cheersmate:

Sounds like me in my freshman year of college.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Wouldn't the correct phrase be: as I battle alcoholism?
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline MrsSmith

I have followed the trials an tribulations of the OP for some time now.  She lives just south of the DFW area (Red Oak) and works as a nurse or in a patient care capacity if she is telling the truth about her profession.  She strikes me as someone who knows they have a serious problem (in her case drinking) but she hasn't hit bottom enough to do anything about it.  Where that bottom is will be different for everyone...I know because I've been there.  Although my issue was not drinking, my addiction still messed up my life to the point that I reached out for help.

The key is that you have to want the help.  The OP refuses to go to 12 Step meetings because...

w8liftinglady  (1000+ posts)       Sat Sep-13-08 10:58 PM
Response to Reply #12
14. aa is on my agenda..but not locally
 they are as right wing as they come

That right there is an excuse to keep drinking.  There are millions of AA meetings all over and no two meetings are ever the same...except for the fact that there is love and acceptance there.

It is also usually true that most alcoholics or addicts have more than one addiction which is probably the case with the OP as she posts numerous items about her relationship problems.

If the OP ever lurks here, I would invite her to PM me and I'll try and help her find some help in the DFW area.  It's always anonymous and the best part is when you hear those two important words..."I know"

It sounds like Step 1 is her stumbling block.  As any who've looked into 12 step programs know, Step 1 is the most necessary...but I have no doubt that it sounds "right-wing" to a moonbat.  I hope she does something about her problems before she causes a disaster at work.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.