Author Topic: spotbird, Sarah Palin cancels convention appearances  (Read 661 times)

Offline tuolumnejim

spotbird, Sarah Palin cancels convention appearances
« on: September 02, 2008, 12:44:24 PM »
The stupid is strong in this group.  :rotf:
I guess they didn't hear about a huricane that came through and moved events from the RNC convention around.

Link

spotbird (1000+ posts)      Tue Sep-02-08 04:46 PM
Original message
Sarah Palin cancels convention appearances
 Edited on Tue Sep-02-08 05:04 PM by spotbird
C-CPAN just interviewed someone affiliated with the McCain campaign about why Palin won't be attending two events on her schedule tonight. The campaign aid said there wasn't much planned for Palin, so the C-CPAN guy mentioned a Right-to-Birth event tonight where Palin was supposed to receive an award. The Campaign guy didn't have an answer for why Palin canceled, he just said she is busy or something non-responsive.

Where is Sarah Palin? Why doesn't she want to appear in public?

Edit:

I posted this comment below, but I wanted it to get more exposure:

Charles Mahtesinwas the person I thought was from the campaign, apparently he is with Politico, which makes his affiliation with McCain unofficial.

He said there wasn't much on her schedule in the first place, but she also may have canceled an event with Politico. (On edit: Mahtesin later hedged and said he didn't know when, where, or whether Palin would attend the Politico event, only that she had canceled other events on her schedule. Someone doesn't want to bite the hand that feeds him.).

The official reasons are that she is preparing for her speech and these events were scheduled before she was tapped.

A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: spotbird, Sarah Palin cancels convention appearances
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 12:47:58 PM »
Idjits.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline HACKSAW

Re: spotbird, Sarah Palin cancels convention appearances
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 12:58:17 PM »
The DUmp is just pissed that they didn't get to use the "Look at the Repukes having their convention while a Hurricane is going on" posts.

Damned if we do and damned if we don't!
Liberals are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.