Author Topic: I'm having a creative block  (Read 7212 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
I'm having a creative block
« on: January 07, 2013, 08:50:58 PM »
My moonbat brother's birthday is in a few days. I cut this camera (it was a bitch to put together, so many small parts) with my Shilouette. He is all about cameras, he even went to school for photography but will never use that degree. He will be 52 years old and seems content to stay home (my dad's home) and not work or look for work for over a year. But I digress...

Back to the subject, I also cut out the phrase and matted it twice. Then distressed it all with black ink. Well I cut it out at night with shitty lighting and the phrase didn't cut out too well. The small areas between the letters are what cut badly. I used a kraft knife to detach parts that didn't get cut out all that well. Because the camera took me so long to put together I let it go. Then I walked away from it because I couldn't decide what to do next and didn't feel like recutting the phrase.

Anyway, I have card makers block. Have no idea what to do with it or if I want to use it at all. I bought this cute paper today at Hobby Lobby and realized that I have a "print and cut" of one of the cameras on the paper (it's by Echo Park) in my Silhouette library.  Even if I print and cut I still don't know what to do with it. It would be easier to buy him a card, which I almost did today. I think I'm having a creative block because my brother is a twit that really pissed me off durring Christmas. I really don't want to make him a card.

Here are a couple of pictures of the camera I made (which doesn't look so good after looking at the picture I took.

I'm sure it is not a perfect representation of the type of camera it is supposed to be. I asked my son and he pointed out a couple of things. I'm sure my brother will notice and say something (he can't control himself).

By the way, there are two different grays in that camera and the matting of the phrase. My phone didn't pick it up very well. I also noticed how crooked everything is after the pictures. I knew it wasn't totally straight and I'm tempted to do it over. Not for my brother but for my own satisfaction. That is if I decide to use it or sent him a card at all.

Here is a picture I took of my tool caddy. I have so much crap but I literally use every single item in it. I never thought I would need so many tools (well who NEEDS crafting supplies?). This isn't all of my "tools" either, I have a die cutting/embossing machine (Vagabond), a digital cutting machine (Silhouette), several paper cutters (newest one is the new Stampin' Up trimmer) as well as ink pads, rubber stamps, dies, etc. 

There is a saying I want to put on the inside but I know it will offend my brother. It is, "Enjoy Life How It Is".  As a liberal, he can't even understand the concept. In fact, I think this is why I can't think of what to do with the camera.  I want to use that phrase but it has absolutely nothing to do with the camera. Although it does kind of go with, "The Big Picture".

Offline Undies

Re: I'm having a creative block
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 09:10:24 PM »
Why go to so much bother for a person who will not appreciate it anyway?

You have a big heart and a lot of love to give, but sometimes you have to safe yourself for those who understand what love is, and make do with the minimum of a gesture for those too self-adsorbed to appreciate good people around them.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 09:20:01 PM »
Why go to so much bother for a person who will not appreciate it anyway?

You have a big heart and a lot of love to give, but sometimes you have to safe yourself for those who understand what love is, and make do with the minimum of a gesture for those too self-adsorbed to appreciate good people around them.

Pick up a 99 cent one at CVS, BEG.  Undies is right (yes, Undies I said that).  Don't waste your talent like that.  Save it for the people you love that appreciate you.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 09:34:31 PM »
Pick up a 99 cent one at CVS, BEG.  Undies is right (yes, Undies I said that).  Don't waste your talent like that.  Save it for the people you love that appreciate you.

I know both of you are right but I made my Dad and grandma (who also lives with my Dad, she is 99 years old) both cards in the last month and a half and I actually think I will feel bad if I don't. Maybe I have ulterior motives and I'm doing it for myself so I won't feel guilt?!?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 09:38:21 PM by BEG »

Offline Undies

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 09:42:32 PM »
I know both of you are right but I made my Dad and grandma (who also lives with my Dad, she is 99 years old) both cards in the last month and a half and I actually think I will feel bad if I don't. Maybe I have ulterior motives and I'm doing it for myself so I won't feel guilt?!?

You asked for help, not opinions, so I apologize for my mini-sermon.   :-*

Help:  Finish what you have going and present it with pride.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 10:02:35 PM »
You asked for help, not opinions, so I apologize for my mini-sermon.   :-*

Help:  Finish what you have going and present it with pride.

No, I respect your opinion so I want to hear it.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 06:10:48 AM »
Think of it like this - you're doing it as much for yourself as for him.  You'll get through your block.  Use the sentiment as is.  It seems it's heartfelt, what you'd truly want for him.  Maybe he'll think about it and feel the love wrapped up there.

You're incredibly organized!  I have got to get my craft supplies out, culled and organized so I can get another booth started.  I've had a creative block for over a year, but am still sorely tempted when I see new gadgets. 

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 02:40:26 PM »
Ok, I finished it. The button matched the color of the paper better IRL.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 02:44:49 PM »

Is that a snowman?  

:bolt:

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 02:46:37 PM »

I love the punji nail trap on the bottom. It's not for a kid, is it?
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 02:56:57 PM »
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 02:58:14 PM »

I was waiting for that from BEG.  :naughty:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 03:31:24 PM »

Depends, are you talking years or mentally?

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 03:34:43 PM »
Depends, are you talking years or mentally?

That depends... Boobiez or no?

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 04:35:56 PM »
That depends... Boobiez or no?

I said in my OP that it was for my moonbat brother. I don't think you want to see his 52 year old moobs.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 08:40:09 PM »

By the way, it's an antique floral frog.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 08:37:47 AM »
I said in my OP that it was for my moonbat brother. I don't think you want to see his 52 year old moobs.

Who reads the OPs?

(it looks nice btw... quit trying to blow my cover as a cranky old guy...)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 08:38:21 AM »
By the way, it's an antique floral frog.

It doesn't look like a frog.