Author Topic: Barbed wire home decor for warring brothers  (Read 1497 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Barbed wire home decor for warring brothers
« on: January 17, 2008, 02:41:49 PM »
Two brothers from Bulgaria have divided their family home with barbed-wire after suing each other more than two hundred times.

Taso Hadjiev, 74, and his brother Asen, 75, from Malka Arda in Bulgaria first sued each other in 1968 in a dispute over land left to them by their dead parents.

Since then they have had persistent fall-outs and neither ever had the money to leave the home they grew up in because they used any income they had paying lawyers.

"They've been at it for years. They go to court for any old reason they can dream up - and none of it is ever true, they just want to sue each other," said neighbour Sabka Shehova.

"They've been at it for so long they can barely remember what they first went to court over. It's like watching a soap opera." - Ananova.com
link

The pair of them appear to be as mad as each other.

Offline Lacarnut

Re: Barbed wire home decor for warring brothers
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 04:11:55 PM »
A friend of mine going thru a bitter divorce and property settlement sued and countersued eachother to the point they wound up with nothing. The lawyers got everything. She stole his boat and motor and he took some of her property. I tried to talk some sense into both of them but to no avail.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 04:12:16 PM »
It's like that ST episode with Frank Gorshen
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 04:14:41 PM »
A friend of mine going thru a bitter divorce and property settlement sued and countersued eachother to the point they wound up with nothing. The lawyers got everything. She stole his boat and motor and he took some of her property. I tried to talk some sense into both of them but to no avail.

Sadly too many people do that, they take leave of their senses completely.  :(

Offline Flame

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 05:24:29 PM »
aw, man...I was hoping for pics of the barbed wire!

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 05:32:40 PM »
They could have saved that money and gotten away from each other. Idjits.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle