Author Topic: American Idol  (Read 4365 times)

Offline jtyangel

American Idol
« on: January 15, 2008, 08:50:57 PM »
Ok, who is watching the train wreck. I could stay quiet no longer with the star wars girl :mental: ooookay :hyper: :hammer:

Offline DaSaintFan

Re: American Idol
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 08:53:29 PM »
I wish i had chose that over the "debate"... *sigh*... at least the AI people were probably more entertaining than this dreck...

:lame: 

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 08:57:00 PM »
I asked my television machine to record it just in case something worthy happened. 

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 09:01:22 PM »
I wish i had chose that over the "debate"... *sigh*... at least the AI people were probably more entertaining than this dreck...

I've had it on in the background and then comes along star wars women "I'm a dork" "They need diversity and they won't allow it"

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 09:03:47 PM »
Ok, who is watching the train wreck. I could stay quiet no longer with the star wars girl :mental: ooookay :hyper: :hammer:

The glitter chick was a summary of all the AI contestants.  She has no talent but says, a la Fame, "it doesn't matter -- I will show them all and I'll be a STAR".

Umm, no you won't you have no talent -- as a singer in the audition and as an actress playing to the camera.  And you mom does you no favors by telling you that you are good.  I hope you just become a vet like you said you wanted to.

And don't get me started on 16 yo 300 lbs of fun who will be like her mom on a forklift and oxygen tent in a few years.  Being that big that young is child abuse.  And her weird ghetto Shanika Shekwana name doesn't help. 

« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 09:05:41 PM by freedumb2003 »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 09:04:45 PM »

I've had it on in the background and then comes along star wars women "I'm a dork" "They need diversity and they won't allow it"

This competition has NEVER been solely about singing.  It is STAR quality, which includes good looks.  Sorry, kid.  Welcome to the Real World.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 09:15:25 PM »
I missed it!  :banghead:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 09:19:24 PM »
I missed it!  :banghead:
I am 99% sure they rebroadcast in online somewhere -- maybe on the site itself.  It is only 7:18 on the West Coast so maybe you can find a feed.  There is also bittorrent in a pinch.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 09:19:35 PM »

The glitter chick was a summary of all the AI contestants.  She has no talent but says, a la Fame, "it doesn't matter -- I will show them all and I'll be a STAR".

Umm, no you won't you have no talent -- as a singer in the audition and as an actress playing to the camera.  And you mom does you no favors by telling you that you are good.  I hope you just become a vet like you said you wanted to.

And don't get me started on 16 yo 300 lbs of fun who will be like her mom on a forklift and oxygen tent in a few years.  Being that big that young is child abuse.  And her weird ghetto Shanika Shekwana name doesn't help. 

Yeah, "sparkles" was a real piece of work. She's going to be 'actressing' :o

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 09:21:17 PM »

Yes, her actressing will get her to, but not off, the Casting Couch.  Big city girl with a  small town brain.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 09:24:04 PM »
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict the AI ratings this year are not going to be what is expected.  A lot of damage was done to the franchise last year.  We'll see. 

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 09:25:11 PM »

Yes, her actressing will get her to, but not off, the Casting Couch.  Big city girl with a  small town brain.

You aren't lying there. I guess I'm always amazed that some of these folks have no humility. Most of those with talent, seem humble about it and grateful to even have the opportunity. The no talent ones are many times abrasive and rude. I think it is what you alluded to about parents and people around them feeding the 'self esteem' when the respect and admiration is not warranted.

Offline jendf

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 09:28:28 PM »
I heart Simon.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 09:31:37 PM »
I heart Simon.

A lot of people have a heart-on for Simon Cow.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 09:37:35 PM »

You aren't lying there. I guess I'm always amazed that some of these folks have no humility. Most of those with talent, seem humble about it and grateful to even have the opportunity. The no talent ones are many times abrasive and rude. I think it is what you alluded to about parents and people around them feeding the 'self esteem' when the respect and admiration is not warranted.
I have serious concerns about the black dude with the long blond curls.  The guy sings 100% through his nose and all 3 judges were wowed by him.  I fear he may make it deep (in fact, I think if you aren't featured in your 1st round appearance you won't go past Hollywood).

Singing AS AN ART is lost -- the reason Idol C&W singers have done well is that style emphasizes a bit of nasality. 

As much as I hate her politics, Babs may have been the last pop singer who understood her craft.  Now, they are all nasally and over-vamp to overcome their inability to sing.

This is going to be another Fantasia year, I am sure.  Sob stories are already in the queue.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 09:50:19 PM »

I have serious concerns about the black dude with the long blond curls.  The guy sings 100% through his nose and all 3 judges were wowed by him.  I fear he may make it deep (in fact, I think if you aren't featured in your 1st round appearance you won't go past Hollywood).

Singing AS AN ART is lost -- the reason Idol C&W singers have done well is that style emphasizes a bit of nasality. 

As much as I hate her politics, Babs may have been the last pop singer who understood her craft.  Now, they are all nasally and over-vamp to overcome their inability to sing.

This is going to be another Fantasia year, I am sure.  Sob stories are already in the queue.

You're kidding?  Streisand packs half her register through her nose and she always has.  That is why she has never had a nose job. 

Streisand was a great singer, but she wasn't as pure as the driven snow when it came to connecting her diaphragm to her nasal passages. 

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 10:00:00 PM »

Flipping through channels, yeah I saw it, I laughed, then flipped over to Fox News. But usually, I don't watch that gay shit unless someone forwards me a "Gotta see this!" clip of some poor sonofabitch that can give William Hung a run for his money.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 10:05:10 PM »
Lets try to forget the fat guy that had his chest waxed so he could look like an idiot twice on tv.   :mental: :whatever:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 10:20:35 PM »
Lets try to forget the fat guy that had his chest waxed so he could look like an idiot twice on tv.   :mental: :whatever:

I'm glad I had my head buried in a book when he was on

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 10:28:16 PM »

You're kidding?  Streisand packs half her register through her nose and she always has.  That is why she has never had a nose job. 

Streisand was a great singer, but she wasn't as pure as the driven snow when it came to connecting her diaphragm to her nasal passages. 
Well, she was singing pop, not opera.  Yes, she had some nasal quality, but NOTHING like the the nasalites of AI seasons 1 until present.

Mark my words.  I already see 2, maybe 3 people who will roll through.  The chick who sings C&W (they specifically want C&W this year since they lost so much audience).  The dud I was taling about.  And maybe the hot "married" blond that Simon is ready to jump.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 10:16:32 PM »
its in Dallas tonight!

last night was so awful... i mean, it looked staged and Simon just seems to be hating it ..

this first girl up is good though.. she used to be a meth addict - what a turnaround!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2008, 10:30:16 PM »
its in Dallas tonight!

last night was so awful... i mean, it looked staged and Simon just seems to be hating it ..

this first girl up is good though.. she used to be a meth addict - what a turnaround!

It was so-so.  The end was good (I won't ruin it for you).  The usual suspects.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2008, 10:32:06 PM »
its in Dallas tonight!

i read they are going for another 'country' year... meaning, they are looking for another carrie underwood cause she's the only one still making money for them.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2008, 10:34:09 PM »
its in Dallas tonight!

i read they are going for another 'country' year... meaning, they are looking for another carrie underwood cause she's the only one still making money for them.

Well noted and completely accurate.  Other than Chris D, the only idols with any real success have been underwood and that other one.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2008, 05:57:29 AM »
its in Dallas tonight!

Was that Ptarmy? Bird man?