Author Topic: Best candy ever? Why?  (Read 7068 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

Best candy ever? Why?
« on: January 18, 2008, 06:56:23 PM »
I'm thinking maybe it's the Tootsie Roll pop. Why? For longevity, flavor choices and for putting candy inside their candy. For the latter, a hardy Guiness ad style "Brilliant!".
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline DaSaintFan

Re: Best candy ever? Why?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 06:57:46 PM »
Jellybeans and Reese's Peanut Butter cups!!!  (not necessarily at the same time though!)

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 06:58:36 PM »
Hershey caramel filled kisses and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.

Why? Because!
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 07:00:49 PM »
I love Tootsie Roll pops.  It's at least in my top five.

I can't decide... too many choices.  I like Twizzlers and traditional black licorice.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jendf

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 07:01:52 PM »
I would have to say Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are my all-time favorite. My sentimental favorites are Fire Jolly Ranchers and Pixie Stix.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 07:02:04 PM »
Jellybeans!  Hershey Kisses with caramel!  Too many choices!   :rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 07:03:01 PM »
I've always been partial to two old standards, Junior Mints and Hershey's Kisses.

Offline guest

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 07:03:32 PM »
I can't remember if they were Tootsie Pops, but I remember finding these extra-large tootsie pop-like lollipops.   LOVED them.  Got some perverted comments from an ex about it, when he saw me sucking on one.   :mental: :lmao: 

(Yes, I smacked him for what he said).

I also am fond of York Peppermint patties.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 07:06:19 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 07:03:48 PM »
Nobody say orange circus peanuts or I shall puke.  :lmao:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 07:06:00 PM »
I love Terry's Chocolate Oranges.  You usually only see them at Easter.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 07:15:24 PM »
Peeps...nothing like sugar coated soft marshmallow to satisfy a sweet tooth.

I also love chocolate, especially dark.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 07:17:45 PM »
Okay, I wasn't imagining things.

The supersized Tootsie pop is not a myth.   :-)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 07:22:11 PM »
Definitely Reeses Peanut Butter Cups for store bought.

Here locally,Maple sugar candy.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 07:28:15 PM »
Cadbury's Dairy Milk-Fruit and Nut
Citrus and chocolate mixes
coconut and chocolate mixes

I lean toward the foreign or exotic.

I always liked Snicker's here though, but I eat them weird...seperate the layers :loser:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 07:33:22 PM »
Cadbury's Dairy Milk-Fruit and Nut
Citrus and chocolate mixes
coconut and chocolate mixes

I lean toward the foreign or exotic.

I always liked Snicker's here though, but I eat them weird...seperate the layers :loser:

I do the same thing to Kit Kats.

I cut Snickers into bite-size pieces and stick them in the freezer for an hour.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 07:36:08 PM »
I'm thinking maybe it's the Tootsie Roll pop. Why? For longevity, flavor choices and for putting candy inside their candy. For the latter, a hardy Guiness ad style "Brilliant!".

I have recently rediscovered the Tootsie Roll pop.  

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 07:39:23 PM »
Ok, all you north Texas Cave dwellers - There is a Russell-Stovers candy factory on Hwy. 80 near where it splits off with I-20.  It has an outlet store.  Well worth the visit.  Hours-old fresh stuff.  Cheap.  

I was there before Christmas.  They had the chocolate covered marshmallow Santas that sell at 99 cents apiece at Walgreen's priced at 3 for a dollar.  Then I spotted the chocolate covered Halloween marshmallow candies (same thing; different shape) selling at 7 for a dollar.  This stuff has never been on a truck.  It is Heaven.  Well worth the trip.  Half-price at the most.

They're getting there Valentines stuff out now.  I gotta go back.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 07:41:04 PM »
Ok, all you north Texas Cave dwellers - There is a Russell-Stovers candy factory on Hwy. 80 near where it splits off with I-20.  It has an outlet store.  Well worth the visit.  Hours-old fresh stuff.  Cheap.  

I was there before Christmas.  They had the chocolate covered marshmallow Santas that sell at 99 cents apiece at Walgreen's priced at 3 for a dollar.  Then I spotted the chocolate covered Halloween marshmallow candies (same thing; different shape) selling at 7 for a dollar.  This stuff has never been on a truck.  It is Heaven.  Well worth the trip.  Half-price at the most.

There is (or was) a Russel Stover outlet store near Gatlinburg up in the mountains.  My cousin who visits from the UK every couple of years usually buys a couple bags of candies to take back with her. 

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 07:44:13 PM »

There is (or was) a Russel Stover outlet store near Gatlinburg up in the mountains.  My cousin who visits from the UK every couple of years usually buys a couple bags of candies to take back with her. 

They do make great stuff.  I think Russell-Stovers is underappreciated in the candy world.  They have really good chocolate.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 07:50:16 PM »
Mmm, I may have to order these.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 07:53:37 PM »

You realize they don't actual blow, don't you?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 07:55:04 PM »

Yes, I am aware of that.  ::)

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 07:58:26 PM »

Some people get them confused with Pop Rocks.  I didn't mean to insult.   :whatever:

:tongue:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 08:08:16 PM »

Some people get them confused with Pop Rocks.  I didn't mean to insult.   :whatever:

:tongue:

:lmao: :rotf: 

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 08:10:08 PM »

I have recently rediscovered the Tootsie Roll pop.  

Sometimes you gotta let a certain candy go for awhile. Just having an adult pallet I guess. Candy is a rare treat, usually just stomping down memory lane.

I used to go to the movies when I was 10 (or so) and have a bag of sour patch kids. Yup, whole bag. My tounge would be dead for two days and the roof of my mouth would be sandpaper. Did it every time. after a few decades I can eat them again. (in small doses)  :-)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826