Author Topic: "Court house in Louisville is being boarded up right now..."  (Read 570 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://democraticunderground.com/100213613479

I want to watch this one.  We had a "No Knock Warrant" go really bad in Houston last year with both occupants being killed.  They were white and from all accounts, completely innocent.  The cop who swore he had purchased drugs there was arrested ...  They even killed the dog in the house.  It was bad.

rocktivity (43,636 posts)

"Court house in Louisville is being boarded up right now..."

Shaun King

@shaunking
Court house in Louisville is being boarded up right now.

Multiple staffers said they were all asked to leave the building and that they were told, privately, that a decision was being announced soon on Breonna Taylor.

Speculation was that no charges will be filed.

Embedded video
11:32 AM - Jun 18, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
3,885 people are talking about this

I've been speculating the same thing: Technically, the cops didn't do anything illegal.

They were going after someone who they were TOLD was a suspect. But that means that Taylor's boyfriend didn't do anything illegal, either -- he had a right to defend them from what he believed was a home invasion.

The people responsible for the information and communication breakdown that led to the cops being misinformed are the real culprits.

rocktivity

dalton99a (49,713 posts)

1. Yep, it's another "justifiable" shooting

SoonerPride (6,839 posts)

3. Guilty of sleeping in her own home while black.

"Totally justified police action."

**** the "justice" system.
Defund the police.

Yes, very, very tragic!  But, if those cops were given bad information, they shouldn't be held liable.  I for one am all for getting rid of 'No Knock Warrants/Searches', but as I said above, this just happened in Houston and from all appearances it looks like the cop is dirty.

roamer65 (20,412 posts)

5. If that is the decision, Louisville is going to burn.

NOT GOOD.

WHY?  What good will that do?  It will simply cause all of the people who had nothing to do with it to turn away from you.  They know it's a bad deal, too, but why would you force them to pay for all the damage?  I PROMISE you those who will set the fires won't be paying any monetary damages for what they do.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

Re: "Court house in Louisville is being boarded up right now..."
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 04:09:54 PM »
No-knock warrants are a blessing and a curse. There should be more time devoted to research the information more often. Getting the address wrong is often a deadly mistake.

That being said, when cops know there is a very dangerous and armed suspect that cops know is in a particular house or building, it is going to be safer for the cops and other people to try and take they perp in a private setting.

If cops can't use no-knock warrants, they are not going to go to some house and politely knock on the door and announce themselves.  They will try and catch the guy in the open where a gunfight is likely to ensue.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 09:26:13 PM »
Hall of Justice windows boarded up for extra security
https://www.wave3.com/2020/06/18/hall-justice-windows-boarded-up-extra-security/

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WAVE) - As maintenance crews boarded up the Hall of Justice footage of the work quickly spread on social media.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 09:40:49 PM »
They will try and catch the guy in the open where a gunfight is likely to ensue.

A better option, IMHO.  The whole "dangerous liberty" thing.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels