Author Topic: average age of DU... Old as hell  (Read 952 times)

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
average age of DU... Old as hell
« on: April 09, 2021, 04:29:06 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215319633

NurseJackie (38,571 posts)

POLL: The average age in the US is 38.5 years old (What's the average age at DU?)
The average age in the United States is 38.5 years old. This is a small increase from 38.2 in 2018. States in the western half of the United States tend to have a lower median age than states in the eastern half. The median age ranges from 31.2 years to 45.1 years.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/median-age-by-state

⭐⭐ I wonder what the average age is for the folks here at DU. I think we're probably older than an average of 38.5 (but I could be wrong.)

=============================
Poll Question: How old are you?
=============================
123 votes, 0 passes | Time left: Unlimited
Under 20     0 (0%)
21-30          0 (0%)
31-40         4 (3%)
41-50         6 (5%)
51-60        41 (33%)
61-70        51 (41%)
71-80        19 (15%)

81-90         2 (2%)
91-100       0 (0%)
Over 100... bow down before me!
0 (0%)
0 DU members did not wish to select any of the options provided.
Show usernamesDisclaimer: This is an Internet poll

« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 04:31:16 PM by Kc25 »

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: average age of DU... Old as hell
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 04:35:36 PM »
Yeah.

We've known this for a while; there's not that many young ones over there.

The oldest one of whom I know is California Peggy, at 79.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 04:37:27 PM »
Yeah.

We've known this for a while; there's not that many young ones over there.

The oldest one of whom I know is California Peggy, at 79.

If someone has a mole... click usernames shows who selected what.
All my socks tombstoned and I have an IP ban lol

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 05:55:25 PM »
If someone has a mole... click usernames shows who selected what.
All my socks tombstoned and I have an IP ban lol

31-40
4 (2%)
d_b, ClimateHawk, OhZone, USAFRetired_Liberal

41-50
11 (7%)
PragmaticLiberal, berniesandersmittens, jcgoldie, Piasladic, Tree-Hugger, Takket, W_HAMILTON, mshasta, TheRealNorth, SKKY, Victor_c3

51-60
51 (31%)
soothsayer, Nazipuncher, MissMillie, smirkymonkey, The Polack MSgt, Stallion, 48656c6c6f20, X07Y39-Alpha, overleft, femmedem, EX500rider, JarOCats, beaglelover, stjohndoe, PasadenaTrudy, Ananda62, Claire Oh Nette, IrishAfricanAmerican, dogknob, Footay, essme, Demsrule86, bamagal62, Efilroft Sul, Bettie, meow2u3, Dream Girl, MontanaMama, onecaliberal, Sedona, multireeds, dsc, East-A-Squared, Withywindle, Drum, FSogol, SoonerPride, IbogaProject, MANative, Metatron, malaise, Twoflower, WarGamer, Mc Mike, Mad_Dem_X, Tod1963, obnoxiousdrunk, drray23, Cafe Cat, Lunabell, mentalsolstice

61-70
71 (43%)
SheltieLover, Beaverhausen, List left, ProfessorGAC, njhoneybadger, Ptah, cachukis, 11 Bravo, Wednesdays, KatyaR, Hortensis, Lochloosa, Rastapopoulos, PortTack, Dreampuff, FakeNoose, Talitha, mnhtnbb, Ziggysmom, Doc_Technical, Enter stage left, semass, spockeye, csziggy, BoomaofBandM, BlueJune, countingbluecars, Still Sensible, LeftInTX, pdxflyboy, likesmountains 52, spinbaby, Kahuna, musette_sf, Blue Dawn, AnotherMother4Peace, Backseat Driver, ornotna, redstatebluegirl, Tree Lady, dweller, Bev54, dawg day, IcyPeas, hack89, panader0, bmbmd, Dave in VA, padfun, Siwsan, we can do it, nancyfladem, brooklynite, tosh, Marthe48, Maeve, maveric, livetohike, CanonRay, jmbar2, -misanthroptimist, SilverDawg, Chautauquas, gademocrat7, ironflange, kayob1, 3catwoman3, a kennedy, bcool, Buns_of_Fire, 4now

71-80
28 (17%)
Grey5, gibraltar72, Shrike47, Silver Swan, Dale in Laurel MD, JustABozoOnThisBus, Disaffected, brer cat, Politicalgolfer, mitch96, pwb, hwmnbn, Timewas, Basic LA, lunatica, BajaDoll, Ron Green, multigraincracker, NurseJackie, SarasotaDem, chillfactor, wryter2000, Desert grandma, MineralMan, Croney, UTUSN, Polly Hennessey, NanceGreggs

81-90
2 (1%)
justhanginon, pidge
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 06:24:43 PM »
And intellectually they’re all in single digits.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Workover

• Retired and loving it
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 08:39:49 PM »
Hey SR, unless you’ve changed your moniker or have multiple puppets over ther, I didn’t see you on that list?
If you’re not having fun it’s your own damn fault!

Offline Delmar

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 10:37:51 PM »
I was surprised that NanceGreggs is that old and that Rock Head is that young.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2021, 09:23:32 AM »
mal's 51-60? Is she lying about her age? :rotf:

I was born during Ike's Administration, so I'd be among the plurality age group were I on DU (which I'm not, :-)  :tongue: ). I suspect that if I ran that poll on the discussion site I most frequent that the percentages would be similar. Younger folk seem to have gravitated to sites like FB and Twitter, which SUCK for anything approaching actual discussion (the thread formatting, not the sites' denizens ... many of whom also repel actual discussion).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2021, 05:09:14 AM »
mal's 51-60? Is she lying about her age? :rotf:

I was born during Ike's Administration, so I'd be among the plurality age group were I on DU (which I'm not, :-)  :tongue: ). I suspect that if I ran that poll on the discussion site I most frequent that the percentages would be similar. Younger folk seem to have gravitated to sites like FB and Twitter, which SUCK for anything approaching actual discussion (the thread formatting, not the sites' denizens ... many of whom also repel actual discussion).
Its even worse on FB than what you're saying. They're community standards bots don't handle sarcasm at all.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2021, 09:35:30 AM »
Its even worse on FB than what you're saying. They're community standards bots don't handle sarcasm at all.

I don't doubt that some people have gotten something-or-othered by FB for sarcasms and other unserious remarks, but I've several times joked with friends who had just been vaccinated about when their third leg would start growing, or about the DNA re-programming giving reception of "My Mother the Car reruns (Moderna) or "Hogan's Heroes" reruns (Pfizer), while those who received non-reprogramming J&J had to rely on using rabbit ears. And not gotten any FB-flak. So :confused: ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2021, 04:09:22 PM »

Even though I haven't been actively searching for a new job in about 5 years, still get e-mails with suggestions and tips from recruiting agencies/etc.

Caught one report the other day that said 60+% of "millennials" or 18 to 35 year old's dislike sarcasm in the workplace.  And are offended as well.

Personally can't go more than an hour or two without being sarcastic. 
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2021, 07:34:05 PM »
That's a lot of years of stupid!

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2021, 09:01:36 AM »
Hopefully that means DU is loosing the recruitment war, and will eventually sail off into the sunset.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.