Author Topic: My mother, a die hard conservative needs a bit of help  (Read 23902 times)

Offline Kevin Hale

• Probationary (Probie)
My mother, a die hard conservative needs a bit of help
« on: March 10, 2015, 06:19:39 AM »
Hello to everybody out there. I'm not sure if this is the type of place to post something like this, but it's very dear to me and I'm just trying to get as much help as possible.

My mother is an extremely die-hard conservative, proud military supporter (proudest Army you'd have ever met when I was in the service), and in need of a bit of assistance. She proudly sports a "NoBama" bumper sticker and even bought me a shirt that says the same. I wear it often. She is however, a very proud person and does not like to ask for help with anything. She's a very proud, blue collar, hard working lady.

My mother has always been my biggest supporter through everything and anything I've ever attempted or gone through. Most of my life while growing up she was a single mother and worked her hardest to provide for us. My mother has sacrificed a lot to make sure I always had what I needed. This is my chance to give her something that she so desperately needs.

While I served overseas and during my entire 8 year military career, she was the proudest Army mom you could ever imagine. Although she never made a lot of money, she would always send care packages to myself & fellow soldiers. She has always been a huge hearted giver and never asked for anything in return. She has been a rock for me over the years and it pains me to see her having to live in such conditions.  It would be such a privilege if I could give back to her something she really needs.

The walls of her small house started to be replaced years ago with the help of neighbors, but they kept putting my mom off before finishing and then moved away. Not only did they move, but they did a really bad job in what they managed to accomplish.  I have tried as well to help out but am seriously lacking on time with being full time in school and trying to support myself on a part time job. Not to mention, I'm not an extremely skilled carpenter.  My mother is nearly 60 yrs old and has actually tried doing a lot of the work herself. The worst part now is that due to leakage of plumbing in places and around windows, mold has now started to become a real issue. There is also a hose/valve connected to the toilet that's also leaking.

This mold has started causing my mother some health issues and I'm really concerned. She works really hard at a full time job for not much money at all.  I love her to death and really hate seeing her have to live in such conditions as these.

My goal is to raise enough money to have a plumber replace the toilet lines(possibly a new toilet), a carpenter to replace the moldy wood areas of her house and the walls finished by an actual professional drywall crew so my mom can have a decent house with no worries of it causing her anymore sickness.

To view photos or to help with donations, please click the link below

gofundme.com/o90naw

Thank you to all that may help, and to those that even took the time to read this.

Offline Rockntractor

• Probationary (Probie)
Re: My mother, a die hard conservative needs a bit of help
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 06:59:32 AM »
Burp!

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 08:44:24 AM »
Gofundme, huh?

Nigerian finance ministers and lonely Ukrainian women who want to come to America use Gofundme.

Your pitch was long on violin music and short on facts. How about your name, city/state, and a telephone number so wr can confirm your story?
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 08:52:52 AM »
Odd that a person would register on a site, and with his very first post ask for money from people with whom he has had zero interaction.
This too shall pass.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 09:33:36 AM »
Can some of our Vets vet this guy?

I think we have been gofundme spammed but it would good to know hoe much of the story is true.

This feels more like a bouncy, based on the tale of woe and "my conservative mom" story line...
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 09:47:49 AM »
Sorry but I have a hard time believing that a conservative that spent 8 years in the Army would be begging and/or saying they can`t help their mom because they just don`t have the time or can`t figure out how to change a toilet.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 09:55:51 AM »
Sorry but I have a hard time believing that a conservative that spent 8 years in the Army would be begging and/or saying they can`t help their mom because they just don`t have the time or can`t figure out how to change a toilet.

this.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 10:13:10 AM »
I am 64 years old. I am painting and redecorating my house from one end to the other. I have 4 rooms finished and 5 more rooms to go. This guys mother is almost 60 he should be in his late 30's to early 40's and he can't find the time to come over and help his mother fix whats wrong with her house? So far it has taken me 6 months to do the rooms I have finished.  I can't afford to do it all at once. I put a little money each month into doing a bit at a time. Him and his mother could do the same thing.

There is also a hose/valve connected to the toilet that's also leaking.

The guy doesn't need a plumber to fix this problem. Go to Lowe's or Home Depot, buy the parts and fix it yourself dumbass. It doesn't take a plumber to fix such an easy problem.

This mold has started causing my mother some health issues and I'm really concerned. She works really hard at a full time job for not much money at all.  I love her to death and really hate seeing her have to live in such conditions as these.

Hey Dude...if you hate your mother living in those conditions...get off you dead ass and fix it or move her in with you.
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 10:13:53 AM »
http://www.iplocation.net/

Admin can use this to find where this poster is, They probably already know this but I am curious.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 10:21:34 AM »
I'll be blunt.

Kevin Hale, go **** yourself. Make sure to use one of these to get the full sensation:  :pineapple:

Isn't this the kind of shit that happens on DU all the time? People begging for money, some kind of bullshit hard luck story that reveals only perpetual laziness and unwillingness to help self and family before putting their hand out expecting it to be filled with someone else's cash?
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 11:10:27 AM »
Interesting. nothing on the gofundme site says anything about dear old mum being a conservative.

Kevin: since I don't believe a word you say I have a solution that will cost you nothing.
----- BURN DOWN THE HOUSE! ------
With the insurance  money, you can move mumsykins into a cozy apartment, or better yet: charge her to move into your basement (your time is valuable, you know).

Just be thankful I don't use facebook or I would spam your site warning off the gullible.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 11:19:35 AM »
Dang, now I want to spam go fund me with fake pleas for help that are so fake no one will give.

Need money for weed. and Cheetos are getting expensive.
Please give, or I'll have to eat my kitty. You don't want me to eat my kitty do you?
I've been forced to sell everything but the barbeque and my computer. without a TV, I cant even watch My Little Pony anymore.
I would steal to support my drug habit, but I would have to get up out of my chair.
Please support a lifelong conservative who served in the Army Navy Air Force Marines.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 11:19:55 AM »
I'll be blunt.

Kevin Hale, go **** yourself. Make sure to use one of these to get the full sensation:  :pineapple:

Isn't this the kind of shit that happens on DU all the time? People begging for money, some kind of bullshit hard luck story that reveals only perpetual laziness and unwillingness to help self and family before putting their hand out expecting it to be filled with someone else's cash?

The DUmbass will think that we're heartless bastards by not giving him money when the real reason is they we don't easily fall for their bouncy's.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 11:27:13 AM »
The DUmbass will think that we're heartless bastards by not giving him money when the real reason is they we don't easily fall for their bouncy's.
Hi5.
This is so typical for a DUmmy writing style, including a doting son who is too lazy to help mom out.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 12:14:41 PM »
Dummy wants to hoax us out of our hard earned money and we're the heartless bastards.
It must be nice living in libland.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 12:21:46 PM »
Seems like Mom could turn a few tricks in her spare time and fix the place up in no time.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 12:32:27 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :rotf:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2015, 01:44:30 PM »
Seems like Mom could turn a few tricks in her spare time and fix the place up in no time.

If she's a typical liberal, she's a mother by 15 and a grandmother by 30. She could be physically appealing enough to earn her two bits.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2015, 02:48:52 PM »
We've already sent DUmmy Kevin Hale all the money he needs.

He can find it in the mail room at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore.

Offline Kevin Hale

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 02:50:21 PM »
Wow..... I was kind of at a loss for words at all the rudeness and negativity that came from my post. It seems you'll find trolls and those who get their jollies bashing others on the web no matter what type of site you go to. Seriously, I find this appalling and just sad how all the others jumped on the bashing bandwagon.

I am just trying to help my mom out and I wanted to try and use social media to do so since it's a huge way to spread the word about anything...... even right wing conservative politics (hence a forum built around it). Begging?.... no not begging, but trying to use a means that's meant for helping people. I'm pretty sure we've all needed help with something in our lives once before.

I understand there may be a bit of skepticism, but simply asking instead of making such rude assumptions would have been a better way to go about it.

Now, allow me to respond to all this and clarify/explain to those close minded assholes out there, as well as the genuinely nice people that happened to stumble upon this thread. 

Gofundme, huh?

Nigerian finance ministers and lonely Ukrainian women who want to come to America use Gofundme.

Your pitch was long on violin music and short on facts. How about your name, city/state, and a telephone number so we can confirm your story?

As far as the reputation for gofundme...... I'm not aware of it. I was having a conversation with a friend saying how I wish I could help my mom improve her place and they suggested the site. I thought it seemed like a good idea. I'm not going to give personal info out over the internet, but I'll say that I'm from Jacksonville, Florida. I served 8 years in the Army stationed in Ft. Bragg, NC with the 82nd Airborne Division, Aco 3/504 and 1/508 PIR. During my tenure there I served on three deployments overseas: once to Iraq and twice to Afghan.

Odd that a person would register on a site, and with his very first post ask for money from people with whom he has had zero interaction.

I am just trying to reach as many people as I can. I thought maybe people who had common interests or shared like minded views might be a good place to try.

Like I said earlier... I didn't consider it begging, just trying to help and maybe find people who are generous enough to do the same. As far as helping.... I have tried in the past but I cant do much these days due to a sustained prolonged back injury I incurred during my time in the Army and not enough time even if I could. I currently go to school full time with FIVE classes while still holding a job to help support my own self that usually has me working on weekends anyways.

Ahhh..... and here's one of my favorite types: the internet badass that's all talk with his keyboard. I'd love to be able to meet this guy in person and ses if he'd be willing to say this to my face.....

I'll be blunt.

I can assure you, Mr. Asshat that laziness is not an issue or cause here. As for expecting, I expected nothing more than to reach more people with a goal I've set myself.

Dummy wants to hoax us out of our hard earned money and we're the heartless bastards.
It must be nice living in libland.

I don't live in libland. I live in a place where I thought maybe by reaching more people I could increase chances of meeting my goal. And no, it's not a hoax. You know what it's like? It's like a campaign, you know.... kinda like politicians go on... to reach more people.... ya know.... to get more support for their causes. I thought for sure that people on a political site might be familiar with the idea.

Hey Dude...if you hate your mother living in those conditions...get off you dead ass and fix it or move her in with you.

I've already explained part of this, but as for her moving in with me... It wouldn't work seeing as I live in a 700sq ft one bedroom apartment.

Interesting. nothing on the gofundme site says anything about dear old mum being a conservative.

Just be thankful I don't use facebook or I would spam your site warning off the gullible.

No, it doesnt saything of the sort because gofundme has nothing to do with politics. I rarely use FB myself, but thanks for wanting to be so quick to sabotage/try to ruin things for others when you've no clue yourself.

I'm sorry to see such blatant rudeness and people willing to think that everybody is just out to scam them. Like I said before, I love my mother to death and I was just trying to use a means to help her out that is meant for such a thing. You can't blame me or come down on me for trying to help her, I'd hope that anybody else would also do anything they could to help their own mothers out if they needed a hand somewhere in life.

Now g'head.... pick this reply apart and bash me more if it makes you feel better. Or..... people can stick to the old adage of, "If you've nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all".

If anyone does have anymore questions, please feel free to ask them and I'll do my best to get back to them.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2015, 02:53:34 PM »

But sir, surely you realize that having an e-mail address suggesting "funky testicles" reeks somewhat of the primitives on Skins's island.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Kevin Hale

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2015, 02:59:59 PM »
But sir, surely you realize that having an e-mail address suggesting "funky testicles" reeks somewhat of the primitives on Skins's island.

Yeah, I didn't know others would be able to see that. I made that email over a decade ago and use it for anything that may send me junk email. I hate having my phone vibrate constantly due to unwanted emails so I use that addy instead.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 03:10:17 PM »
As far as the reputation for gofundme...... I'm not aware of it. I was having a conversation with a friend saying how I wish I could help my mom improve her place and they suggested the site. I thought it seemed like a good idea. I'm not going to give personal info out over the internet, but I'll say that I'm from Jacksonville, Florida.

You want us to give you money, but you don't want us to be able to confirm your identity or your story. You're not building trust here, son.

Like I said earlier... I didn't consider it begging

You are trying to use an emotional appeal to ask strangers for money, money you haven't earned.  That is called 'begging'. It's the same thing panhandlers do.

Look in the mirror and say out loud, 'I am begging strangers for money', and ask yourself if you're conducting yourself as a proud Veteran of the 82nd Airborne should.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2015, 03:17:05 PM »

Ahhh..... and here's one of my favorite types: the internet badass that's all talk with his keyboard. I'd love to be able to meet this guy in person and ses if he'd be willing to say this to my face.....

I can assure you, Mr. Asshat that laziness is not an issue or cause here. As for expecting, I expected nothing more than to reach more people with a goal I've set myself.

Not a problem, ****tard. I have no problem telling you you're a lazy asshole with his hand out expecting somebody to fill it.

Now what, chump?

Ball's in your court.

More to the point, Big Dog said it much nicer than I did. And that's a mark of his graciousness.

I'm not nearly as gracious as he is, especially when I see an asshole on a conservative political forum with his hand out.

Did you enjoy that pineapple, asshat? Was it good for you?  :lmao:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Kevin Hale

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2015, 03:21:03 PM »
You want us to give you money, but you don't want us to be able to confirm your identity or your story. You're not building trust here, son.

You are trying to use an emotional appeal to ask strangers for money, money you haven't earned.  That is called 'begging'. It's the same thing panhandlers do.

Look in the mirror and say out loud, 'I am begging strangers for money', and ask yourself if you're conducting yourself as a proud Veteran of the 82nd Airborne should.

No, I'm not going to put personal info out on the web..... especially when I've already had one awesome person here threaten to spam my facebook with rudeness and false facts. What else would be done by skeptical people with wrong ideas if given my actual personal conatct info?

I love this part tho:  "You are trying to use an emotional appeal to ask strangers for money, money you haven't earned.  That is called 'begging'. It's the same thing panhandlers do" You know who else does this? Politicians. hmmmmmm. So are all your favorite political figures just a bunch of beggars too?

I mean..... like what the hell? Conducting myself as a proud veteran of the 82nd?? I'd like to think that I'm conducting myself as a son who cares greatly for his mother and is willing to seek help from strangers to accomplish what he cannot by himself.