Author Topic: America's team stuck with inventory that won't move  (Read 1028 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
America's team stuck with inventory that won't move
« on: April 23, 2009, 06:40:50 AM »
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9486102/Pricey-seats-at-new-Yankee-Stadium--bomb/?gt1=39002

You know, I always wondered about this.

Apparently no organization is perfect; among the most excellent staff of the New York Yankees, one suspects some primitive from Skins's island is in charge of "product planning."

NEW YORK (AP) - At new Yankee Stadium, the best seats in the park have turned out to be the emptiest.

The most expensive spots in America's costliest ballpark have become an embarrassment packing a financial sting to the proud New York Yankees, as the Legends Suite section in the infield has been filled only once in the six games since the $1.5 billion stadium opened last week.

On most days, the 1,895 seats that cost $500-$2,500 as part of season tickets and go up to $2,625 for individual games haven't been close to full. And as TV cameras pick up the patchy attendance with every pitch, it serves as a little tweak to America's richest baseball team.

"We're done talking about seats," Yankees president Randy Levine said on Wednesday. "We're not talking about seats."

But fans sure notice.

"I remember watching and you couldn't find an empty seat at Yankee Stadium. And now right behind home plate there's 15 to 20," said Aaron Feldstein, who scored a free ticket from a friend for Wednesday's game behind home plate - an area that costs $325 as part of season tickets.....

Some people seem to have forgotten Henry Ford's maxim about the cheaper one makes something, the more one sells, and the more profit one gets.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: America's team stuck with inventory that won't move
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 04:13:27 PM »
My lawyer told me today that her seats went up in price from about $300 to $2700.  She went on to say, "I do good, but not that good."  She went on to say that she'll go to a few games--five, I think--but the ticket prices are w-a-y too high.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.