Author Topic: DR. DEATH DEAD: Kevorkian Dies at Age 83...  (Read 17894 times)

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
DR. DEATH DEAD: Kevorkian Dies at Age 83...
« on: June 03, 2011, 08:00:36 AM »
Dr. Jack Kevorkian — embraced as a compassionate crusader and reviled as a murderous crank — died early this morning.

Known as Dr. Death even before launching his fierce advocacy and practice of assisted suicides, Kevorkian, 83, died at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, where he had been hospitalized with kidney and heart problems.
http://www.freep.com/article/20110603/NEWS01/110603016/Assisted-suicide-advocate-Jack-Kevorkian-dies?odyssey=nav%7Chead End of a very strange,morbid life...
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Re: DR. DEATH DEAD: Kevorkian Dies at Age 83...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 08:04:03 AM »
He has a lot to answer for.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 08:12:45 AM »
He has a lot to answer for.

Oh yes, he does. :fuelfire:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 08:14:16 AM »
If Kevorkian wasn't bad enough, his attorney, Geoffrey Fieger, was/is a complete outrage.

The list is extensive - Kevorkian, Jenny Jones, Nathaniel Abraham.

If you want to understand Fieger, look up "huckster," "ambulance chaser," and "all-around schmuck" in the dictionary and you'll come close.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 08:25:08 AM »
I hope he made his peace.

God's will be done.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline olde north church

• Don't strive to be liked, strive to be admired.
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 08:31:54 AM »
Oh yes, he does. :fuelfire:

That provides me no solace.  I'm tired of this "he'll/she'll" get what's coming to them.  I care about what happens on a plane I KNOW exists. 

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 08:46:28 AM »
If Kevorkian wasn't bad enough, his attorney, Geoffrey Fieger, was/is a complete outrage.

The list is extensive - Kevorkian, Jenny Jones, Nathaniel Abraham.

If you want to understand Fieger, look up "huckster," "ambulance chaser," and "all-around schmuck" in the dictionary and you'll come close.

Absolutely Euph! Jeffrey Fieger is the scumbags scumbag! He ran for governor here twice...Thank God he lost :o He's known as "The Unfrozen  Caveman Attorney" here because of his rather bizarre primitive man appearance! :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 08:47:51 AM »
That provides me no solace.  I'm tired of this "he'll/she'll" get what's coming to them.  I care about what happens on a plane I KNOW exists. 

I hope you're not still upset about Hitler.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 08:56:41 AM »
Just like any other goon with a God complex that extols the virtues of self murder, in the end, themselves did not practice what they preached.

Burn in Hell, Kevorkian.  May you suffer eternally for preying upon the sick and the weak.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Tucker

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 09:08:12 AM »
What Kevorkian did was worse than what Hitler did. Hitler ordered the killing of 6 million Jews and probable close to that amount, the number of Gypsies. The 11/12 million dead may have died in a state of grace, denying the Devil his due.

Kevorkian did the Devils work, fooling his victims into committing a mortal sin by killing them self. He was nothing but a collector of souls.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline olde north church

• Don't strive to be liked, strive to be admired.
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 09:19:15 AM »
I hope you're not still upset about Hitler.

Not something I lose sleep over!

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 10:44:31 AM »
I think this  might be the place to post S Weasel's take on Kervorkian.

Harold Shipman probably has a higher body count, but they didn’t make an HBO special gushing about what a swell, compassionate guy he was, did they? I don’t ****ing believe they made a sympathetic Kevorkian biopic. Yeah. It won a Golden Globe last night.

Look, I’m not set against euthanasia. That’s a national conversation we’ll have to have some time. It has absolutely nothing to do with that sick **** Jack Kevorkian.

In 1956, when he was still just a resident, he picked up the “Dr Death” moniker. He asked to be notified when any patient was close to death so he could stare into their eyes while they died. Sometimes he took pictures. He said he was searching for a way to pinpoint the exact moment of death.

What is the medical need to know the exact moment of death? There isn’t one. Who knows how many friendless people he robbed of dignity in their last moments of life.

He didn’t start in the assisted suicide biz. What he really wanted was permission to vivisect death row inmates. I’ve never read exactly how he thought medicine could be advanced by killing people under general anesthesia. I get the impression he just thinks it would be kinda neat to paddle around in people’s innards until they die.

When permission wasn’t forthcoming, 1987 he advertised himself in Detroit papers as a physician consultant for “death counseling.” By 1991, he’d lost his medical license.

He named his death machines Thanitron and Mercitron. He killed 130 people between 1990 and 1998 and was acquitted of murder five times. When authorities gave up prosecuting him, he forced one more arrest — he taped himself administering a fatal shot and walked the tape over to his friend Mike Wallace, who aired it nationally on 60 Minutes. He videotaped all his killings, presumably to enjoy again and again. He spent eight years and a bit behind bars.

Equal parts ghoul and attention whore, then.

Oh – about three quarters half [70 out of 130] of his victims weren’t terminally ill, just depressed and in pain. Five of them weren’t sick at all, their autopsies showed. He hadn’t bothered to find out; medicine wasn’t part of his deal.

He ripped out the kidneys of one of his assisted suicide victims and offered them at a press conference, “first come first served.” The “surgery” was so crude that the Oakland County Medical Examiner called it out of a “slaughterhouse” and a “bizarre mutilation.”

Say, have you seen his paintings? One of the pigments is his own blood. Isn’t that nice? And the captions show an absolute Loughnerian grasp of the English language.

So, basically, somebody who should have spent the last thirty years (at least) in a hospital for the criminally insane. A perfect hero for Hollywood. They called the film You Don’t Know Jack.

Hilarious.

Posted: January 17th, 2011
http://sweasel.com/archives/7576

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 10:50:47 AM »
Well, Kevorkian was a pathologist, so he was associated with death in the first place. From what I remember reading about him some years ago, yeah, he was morbidly fascinated by death - which explains why he moseyed into pathology in the manner in which was reported.

This is not to paint him as a normal scientist who was interested in his profession and the people with whom he dealt.

One look in his eyes will dispel that notion most ricky-tick.

:mental:

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 07:37:45 AM »
Well, Kevorkian was a pathologist, so he was associated with death in the first place. From what I remember reading about him some years ago, yeah, he was morbidly fascinated by death - which explains why he moseyed into pathology in the manner in which was reported.

This is not to paint him as a normal scientist who was interested in his profession and the people with whom he dealt.

One look in his eyes will dispel that notion most ricky-tick.

:mental:

Oh yes, Happy , Happy, Joy, Joy , the monster is dead.

Big deal this monster was not just one of a kind, an abnormality, in life. He had the help and surport of other like minded Doctors and Scientists around the world.   

All scientists of his like mind salavated at what he could find, Russia, China and indeed American Scientists never or seldom spoke out about his experiments.

I have heard Scientist speak of how the German experiments on living humans have led to advances in transplants to benifit humans today.

Makes me want to throw up, the horrid deaths of thousands of people was for the good to keep a person alive today. So that excuses the  Evil human experiments too dreadfull to even think of back then.

We are thinking that out of Evil can come good.    Perhaps for the individuals that need transplants as my daughter does to live, we must close our eyes to the number of other peoples daughters who were tortured  60 years ago and now saves our own child.

One hell of a thing to think about, best ignore the Evil, make excuses and blank out of our mind the origional Evil that keeps our children alive today.

What does one do, the past is past but the evil that sprang from this is still here to somewhere and some how crop up to effect us, cause us horror and death to save the lives of people 60-100 years in the future.

Life is so complex, for me, I am just a simple person, and as is said, just a bit of knowledge is dangerious for me, best to remaine ignorent then try to understand things in life that no one can explain to me. 

Offline Hella Jeff

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
  • BANNED and proud!
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 03:30:54 PM »
What Kevorkian did was worse than what Hitler did. Hitler ordered the killing of 6 million Jews and probable close to that amount, the number of Gypsies. The 11/12 million dead may have died in a state of grace, denying the Devil his due.

Kevorkian did the Devils work, fooling his victims into committing a mortal sin by killing them self. He was nothing but a collector of souls.

<unpopular opinion> I believe that people who are suffering should have the right to take their own lives in a humane manner so long as they are mentally capable of making such a decision.</upopular opinion>
I GOT BANNED AGAIN

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 07:19:37 PM »
I notice Dr Death didn't lead by example.
He was old and sick. Yet he lingered till the last.

With the good doctor, I always suspected his suicide machines were more for his perverse entertainment than any altruistic purpose.

Seriously why would a person of sound mind need medical assistance to off himself in the first place?

What Dr Death actually accomplished wasn't death with dignity, but he set into motion Obama;s death squad rules where Doctors -by law-must speak with the elderly about the benefits of suicide every five years. He made it possible for Obama care to deny expensive medical care to the elderly and handicapped.
Dr Death set the groundwork for legal (and involuntary) euthanasia.

Offline rubliw

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 07:47:30 PM »

I keep seeing this.. rumblings that its ironic or hypocritical or whatnot, that Kevorkian didn't die by assisted suicide.  But he wasn't out there trying to get people to die by assisted suicide, as if it's something everybody should do, or as if it's how one should die.   It wasn't his cause to encourage people to kill themselves on machines..

.. so it really makes no sense to say that its weird or ironic or whatever that  he didn't die by assisted suicide.  He died naturally, according to his choice (or so we speculate)... which was what he was about - the patients choice.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 07:49:14 PM »
I keep seeing this.. rumblings that its ironic or hypocritical or whatnot, that Kevorkian didn't die by assisted suicide.  But he wasn't out there trying to get people to die by assisted suicide, as if it's something everybody should do, or as if it's how one should die.   It wasn't his cause to encourage people to kill themselves on machines..

.. so it really makes no sense to say that its weird or ironic or whatever that  he didn't die by assisted suicide.  He died naturally, according to his choice (or so we speculate)... which was what he was about - the patients choice.

How many despots and madmen have you defended, wilbur?

Just a rough guess will do.

Offline rubliw

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 07:58:32 PM »
How many despots and madmen have you defended, wilbur?

Just a rough guess will do.

None, to my knowledge =)

You can talk all day about how creepy Kevorkian was, or whatnot, but whether he was crazy or sane, his overriding cause was patient self determination - not that one should die by assisted suicide.   If one is going to criticize (or complement) it pays to get the facts right.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 08:51:28 PM »
None, to my knowledge =)

At least one. Does the name Kevorkian ring a bell?

Offline rubliw

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 09:11:04 PM »
At least one. Does the name Kevorkian ring a bell?

I wasnt really defending him - just setting some facts right.

I'm reticent to defend or admonish him - I don't really know much about him, other than his general position on patient self-determination and assisted suicide and the basic gist of his story.

... but I'll suffice to say, I do take with a LARGE grain of salt all the gruesome tales and comparisons of him to a serial killer.   Any vocal proponent of life and death issues that crosses with the so-called 'culture of life' camp gets horribly caricatured and demonized.   Peter Singer is a perfect example... read about him second hand from many 'culture of life' circles, and you'll think he's the devil incarnate.... read his actual stuff and you couldn't imagine where those horrible characterizations come from, because he's nothing of the sort (whether you disagree or agree with him).   Wouldn't be surprised if Kevorkian suffered similarly.  But then again, maybe the stories are accurate, I don't know.

I'll agree his art is creepy-ish, but I'm not sure what kind of reflections about his character we can draw from any of that... not a psychologist.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 09:20:29 PM by rubliw »

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 10:37:39 PM »
I wasnt really defending him - just setting some facts right.

I'm reticent to defend or admonish him - I don't really know much about him, other than his general position on patient self-determination and assisted suicide and the basic gist of his story.

... but I'll suffice to say, I do take with a LARGE grain of salt all the gruesome tales and comparisons of him to a serial killer.   Any vocal proponent of life and death issues that crosses with the so-called 'culture of life' camp gets horribly caricatured and demonized.   Peter Singer is a perfect example... read about him second hand from many 'culture of life' circles, and you'll think he's the devil incarnate.... read his actual stuff and you couldn't imagine where those horrible characterizations come from, because he's nothing of the sort (whether you disagree or agree with him).   Wouldn't be surprised if Kevorkian suffered similarly.  But then again, maybe the stories are accurate, I don't know.

I'll agree his art is creepy-ish, but I'm not sure what kind of reflections about his character we can draw from any of that... not a psychologist.

Maybe before you take that LARGE grain of salt on the gruesome tales and comparisons, etc., etc., of Kevorkian, you do some reading up on him, wilbur.

It's called "informing oneself before inserting one's own foot in one's own mouth."

Just a friendly suggestion.

Offline Hella Jeff

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
  • BANNED and proud!
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2011, 10:42:27 PM »

I dont think he ever said that every old person should be killed. Just that people who are suffering should have the right to kill themselves.
I GOT BANNED AGAIN

Offline Tucker

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 08:20:17 AM »
I dont think he ever said that every old person should be killed. Just that people who are suffering should have the right to kill themselves.

That's against every moral standard that we, as humans and as a Christian society, set in our reverence of God.

The 5-7% of atheists do not dictate what is or is not acceptable. The ACLU, along with their minions can kiss my ass.

Offline rubliw

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 09:50:57 AM »
That's against every moral standard that we, as humans and as a Christian society, set in our reverence of God.

The 5-7% of atheists do not dictate what is or is not acceptable. The ACLU, along with their minions can kiss my ass.

The lovely thing about choice is, that if you don't *WANT* to do X, you don't have too.  But if you do want to do X, you have the freedom to do so.   Freedom is a pretty important piece in our moral standards, as a country, yes?