Author Topic: Casey Anthony Murder Trial Underway  (Read 53595 times)

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
Casey Anthony Murder Trial Underway
« on: May 24, 2011, 09:17:16 AM »
"It is time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee."

That's how Assistant State Attorney Linda Drane Burdick started her opening statement this morning in the first-degree murder case against Casey Anthony.

"You will hear, during testimony in this case, that no one had any idea anything had befallen Caylee Marie Anthony until July 15 of 2008 – how can that be?" Drane Burdick asked. "What happened between June 16 (when Caylee was last seen) and July 16th – where is Caylee Marie?"

Orlando Sentinel

This is a very sad, extremely heart wrenching case. Opening statements are being made at this very moment. I have followed this case from pretty much the beginning 3 years ago. A lot of people care about this case, and some think it'll be darn near as big as the O.J. Simpson case. I always hate to see cases like this with children involved-especially very young children.

I guess we'll see what happens. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:58:37 PM by Chris »

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline cavegal

Re: Casey Anthony Murder Trial Underway
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 11:27:22 AM »
The mothers actions were very questionable to say the least. It sounded to me like she killed the little girl to be with a guy.  I remember when they found the body, a utility worker found it. I think she will get time, not much. I think she should be at room temp as her child if she did it!

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 11:29:38 AM »
It's really been covered here---with the jurors being picked in Florida, near Tampa, and the case in Orlando. The local news we get in Sarasota is from the Tampa station.

What I really hate are those crocodile tears from the mom. I know it's prejudging, but her partying while the little girl had disappeared really rubs me the wrong way. Ditto the duct tape on the child's mouth. I don't see how anyone could harm a precious little child.

Offline cavegal

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 11:36:11 AM »
It's really been covered here---with the jurors being picked in Florida, near Tampa, and the case in Orlando. The local news we get in Sarasota is from the Tampa station.

What I really hate are those crocodile tears from the mom. I know it's prejudging, but her partying while the little girl had disappeared really rubs me the wrong way. Ditto the duct tape on the child's mouth. I don't see how anyone could harm a precious little child.
I had forgotten about the duct tape.

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 11:37:39 AM »
Watched the opening prosecutor's statement.  Very powerful, very chilling so far.
The defence is going to have pull out something big time to get this woman off.

I do wonder who is paying for her defence, the cost must be astronomical just so far.

I do appreciate the moderators calling attention to some things that only a lawyer would notice or know that I have forgotten in 3 years.

I am fascinated with this case, the Grand Parents actions and reaction.  Will they be called as hostile witnesses to testify against their daughter????

The whole process of law and courts is high drama, perhaps the height of a battle of wits with life or death in the balance.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 11:49:47 AM »
The prosecuter has been pitch perfect thus far. Just right on her game. It's going to be tougher than a two dollar steak for Biaz to beat the opening statement in terms of convincing the jury. Grizzly case.

The mothers actions were very questionable to say the least. It sounded to me like she killed the little girl to be with a guy.  I remember when they found the body, a utility worker found it. I think she will get time, not much. I think she should be at room temp as her child if she did it!

Our lines of thinking connect on this. I am reminded of Susan Smith. Just a different means of killing. I think Smith was just deranged though. I believe Casey Anthony to be a complete sociopath. She shows it every time she's on camera. Everything is all about her. Politics doesn't even really enter into it, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was a liberal.

In Smith's case, she killed to be with one guy. In this chick's case, I wouldn't be surprised if she killed in an attempt to be with many. The woman was quite promiscuous. Not to mention, a pathological liar.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 12:02:47 PM »
I HATE HATE HATE Casey Anthony with a passion.  That bitch needs to rot in hell.  Can we watch the trial on TV?  Court TV is now Tru TV, so I wasn't sure if Tru TV would play the trial.  I watched this whole thing go down.  I watched Nancy Grace every single night when there was still a lot of new evidence coming up.  Jail tapes, 9-1-1 calls, text messages, etc. 

Casey is guilty.

Florida -fry her ass immediately.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 12:04:58 PM »
Good.

It's on Tru TV right now.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 01:17:38 PM »
I HATE HATE HATE Casey Anthony with a passion.  That bitch needs to rot in hell.  Can we watch the trial on TV?  Court TV is now Tru TV, so I wasn't sure if Tru TV would play the trial.  I watched this whole thing go down.  I watched Nancy Grace every single night when there was still a lot of new evidence coming up.  Jail tapes, 9-1-1 calls, text messages, etc. 

Casey is guilty.

I agree on that last sentiment. I also admit again that I watched NG more than I care to admit. :shucks:

And Damn! Biaz is trying with all his might to put Casey out of the murderous light, but is also succeeding in casting a very, very bad, negative light over her. Wow. Prosecution did a much better job. Has a hell of a lot stronger case IMHO. Caylee didn't drown in any freaking pool of her own curiosity!  :argh:

• Oh snap!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 01:23:01 PM »
I agree on that last sentiment. I also admit again that I watched NG more than I care to admit. :shucks:

And Damn! Biaz is trying with all his might to put Casey out of the murderous light, but is also succeeding in casting a very, very bad, negative light over her. Wow. Prosecution did a much better job. Has a hell of a lot stronger case IMHO. Caylee didn't drown in any freaking pool of her own curiosity!  :argh:

I'm not even at the defense opening statement yet.  I've seen some things on Twitter and they are really disgusted with his opening statement.  Since I am on the west coast, I am still watching the prosecutors opening statement.  It's chilling to hear this all over again.  Most of this I already know about.  I'm more interested in the testimony of experts and witnesses. 

I know Casey has been trying to throw her entire family under the bus since she was arrested.  I know what's about to come when Jose Baez gets up to the stand. 

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 02:00:07 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/video/flashLive/live.html?stream=stream2

Biaz pretty much tore into Casey's dad. "She was brought up to lie." "Her father, and her brother molested her." Some of the opening statement was just incoherent, and ridiculous. I was biting my lip. At one point when he was writing on the whitboard he used, his marker crapped out. I thought it was fairly symbolic.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 02:06:22 PM »
That whole family is dysfunctional.

I know Baez is going to claim Caylee drowned in the pool.  However, Casey was trying to use that story back in 2008.  It didn't work back then, it's not going to work now.

Any parent whose child drowns in a pool is not going to wait 31 days to report it and then LIE LIE LIE to hide it.  If Caylee drowned in the pool, why was her body found with duct tape over her mouth BEFORE decomposition even started?  I just cannot stand Casey. 

I'm curious to see if Baez is dumb enough to put Casey on the stand.  I want her parent's on the stand.  I want their neighbor, whom Casey borrowed a shovel from, on the stand.  I want to see Amy H. on the stand.  There are so many players in this whole thing.  I wonder how long this trial will last.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 02:17:08 PM »
Maybe weeks. Her dad is on the stand right at this very moment.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 02:38:48 PM »
I HATE HATE HATE Casey Anthony with a passion.  That bitch needs to rot in hell.  Can we watch the trial on TV?  Court TV is now Tru TV, so I wasn't sure if Tru TV would play the trial.  I watched this whole thing go down.  I watched Nancy Grace every single night when there was still a lot of new evidence coming up.  Jail tapes, 9-1-1 calls, text messages, etc.  

Casey is guilty.

A lot of people hate Casey Anthony. She ranks right up there with Osama bin Laden, Lori Drew, Fred Phelps, Joran van der Sloot, and South Hadley 6.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 02:44:50 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

• Oh snap!
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 03:06:08 PM »
Maybe weeks. Her dad is on the stand right at this very moment.

I'm still waiting for the court to reassemble after lunch.  That should be in five more minutes.  That will start the defense teams opening statements.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 03:37:34 PM »
Okay... was NOT expecting some of the things that have come out of Jose Baez's mouth.  This defense team is really grasping at straws here.  What's next?  Is he going to claim the neighbor's dog killed Caylee?

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 03:59:16 PM »
Okay... was NOT expecting some of the things that have come out of Jose Baez's mouth.  This defense team is really grasping at straws here.  What's next?  Is he going to claim the neighbor's dog killed Caylee?

EVIL dawg.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2011, 04:15:53 PM »
From the whole trial I've seen thus far, I absolutely agree, Jess. The defense is a fuster cluck, IMO. Prosecution should eat them up. I expect Biaz to extend this trial as looooooooooooooooong as possible because of that very thing. :thatsright:

• Oh snap!
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2011, 04:22:01 PM »
From the whole trial I've seen thus far, I absolutely agree, Jess. The defense is a fuster cluck, IMO. Prosecution should eat them up. I expect Biaz to extend this trial as looooooooooooooooong as possible because of that very thing. :thatsright:

Oh he will.

He worked his ass off to make sure this trial took as long as it did to begin.  I'm sure he wished he could have delayed it even more.  He wanted to move the trial out of Florida completely.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2011, 04:23:17 PM »
Yep. Too bad the majority of America knows about this disgusting bitch.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011, 04:26:44 PM »
Yep. Too bad the majority of America knows about this disgusting bitch.

My life revolved around this when it started in 2008.  Sounds pathetic, but I just could not turn away.  I had to know every detail.  Kind of like the Laci Peterson case too.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2011, 04:55:52 PM »
Anyone go to CNN/ live to watch the grump's on the stand ????

All through the prosecution questions  he had this weird smile, not a smirk but so self confident and putting himself in his best light.

Come cross exam, he began to wilt, not so confident and no smile.   3 years after seeing his granddaughter he could remember the color of his her socks but could not remember what he was wearing 2 weeks ago,

I have a real bad feeling about that man, -----Question is for me---- did he duck tape her mouth so she could not call for help if he molested her then thrown her into the pool to drown.?????

Defence said on opening statement that the first thing he said to his addled daughter when he came walking up with  the the drowned child was """"  Look what you did"""""

Watching on True TV and had a few fits when they broke from the trial for an ad. Fortunately when 3 o' clock came they directed us to the CNN web site to watch the next 2 hours., uninterrupted.

I cannot wait to hear the grandma and her testimony and why she never asked about the babysitter, from her daughter or the grand child.  Kids even that young can tell some things and as she told grandpa she was going to the nanny by name, this is so odd.

Question, how many parents will keep a grown child and their baby at home and never ask for them to help them out on at least the food they eat when they think they have a job????

So far I don't believe grandpa one bit, going to be interesting to hear from the brother and all the rest.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2011, 05:11:45 PM »
I missed the rest of the trial today.  It ended with Jose Baez's opening statement out here.  I'm currently searching online for a place to watch the rest of the afternoon before Nancy Grace covers the trial.  I'd like to see George Anthony on the stand from beginning to end.  We got cut off by recess after the defense opening statement, and unfortunately, I go back to work tomorrow so will be unable to watch the trial until after work.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2011, 05:12:29 PM »
Anyone go to CNN/ live to watch the grump's on the stand ????

All through the prosecution questions  he had this weird smile, not a smirk but so self confident and putting himself in his best light.

Come cross exam, he began to wilt, not so confident and no smile.   3 years after seeing his granddaughter he could remember the color of his her socks but could not remember what he was wearing 2 weeks ago,

I have a real bad feeling about that man, -----Question is for me---- did he duck tape her mouth so she could not call for help if he molested her then thrown her into the pool to drown.?????

Defence said on opening statement that the first thing he said to his addled daughter when he came walking up with  the the drowned child was """"  Look what you did"""""

Watching on True TV and had a few fits when they broke from the trial for an ad. Fortunately when 3 o' clock came they directed us to the CNN web site to watch the next 2 hours., uninterrupted.

I cannot wait to hear the grandma and her testimony and why she never asked about the babysitter, from her daughter or the grand child.  Kids even that young can tell some things and as she told grandpa she was going to the nanny by name, this is so odd.

Question, how many parents will keep a grown child and their baby at home and never ask for them to help them out on at least the food they eat when they think they have a job????

So far I don't believe grandpa one bit, going to be interesting to hear from the brother and all the rest.

Vesta - George Anthony did not kill Caylee.  Casey killed Caylee. 

Offline terry

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2011, 09:55:58 PM »
I was watching a little on Headline News this evening because I missed the part with George Anthony on the stand.  The host was Joy Behar, I have always thought that she's not terribly bright and a nasty, hateful sort of woman.  So she says "I can't believe the father (George Anthony) got on the stand and denied everything, he may have just sent his daughter to the electric chair.  How could he do that to his daughter?".   Guests on the show were amazed and in total disbelief.  They told her maybe he denied because he didn't do it.  She said "It doesn't matter, I would never testify against my daughter.  I would lie".  Even if she killed your granddaughter?  She said "It doesn't matter."  Unbelievable, what a vile creature she is.  I've always known that the truth is irrelevant to Joy Behar, but I've never her seen her just admit it like that.