Author Topic: Joplin, MO Pounded By Tornados  (Read 26032 times)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: Joplin, MO Pounded By Tornados
« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2011, 10:39:47 AM »
A friend of my son's is marrying another friend of his, here in a huge wedding, next weekend. The groom was Navy, now is in the Coast Guard and stationed in up in MA...he's from OK. He should be there by now... he was given emergency leave, to go home to help his dad...their home is just gone.  :(

Don't know if anyone heard about the family in OK.....pregnant mom and 3 small kids - dad was out of town on business - all took shelter in the bathtub. 3 yr old was sucked out of the house, one other died in the tub - I think the 18mo old. Mom and one child are in the hospital, and they have been able to find the heartbeat on the fetus. The 3 yr old was found yesterday. He, too, is with God. Saw the father on tv last night..... :bawl:

Lot of new recruits into God's Angel Corps lately.... :(
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline namvet

« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2011, 04:05:34 PM »

A piece of wood is lodged in the bumper of a car after at least one tornado struck parts of Minneapolis, causing extensive property damage, killing at least one person and injuring at least 18 others May 22.

better the car than you

"THERE ARE NO GREAT MEN. THERE ARE ONLY GREAT CHALLENGES THAT ORDINARY MEN ARE FORCED BY CIRCUMSTANCES TO MEET" - ADM WILLIAM F HALSEY

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #152 on: May 27, 2011, 05:28:19 PM »
A friend of my son's is marrying another friend of his, here in a huge wedding, next weekend. The groom was Navy, now is in the Coast Guard and stationed in up in MA...he's from OK. He should be there by now... he was given emergency leave, to go home to help his dad...their home is just gone.  :(

Don't know if anyone heard about the family in OK.....pregnant mom and 3 small kids - dad was out of town on business - all took shelter in the bathtub. 3 yr old was sucked out of the house, one other died in the tub - I think the 18mo old. Mom and one child are in the hospital, and they have been able to find the heartbeat on the fetus. The 3 yr old was found yesterday. He, too, is with God. Saw the father on tv last night..... :bawl:

Lot of new recruits into God's Angel Corps lately.... :(

This is all so heartbreaking.  The death of the children hurt the most.  My heart goes out to the mother who had to sit there and listen to her children scream as they were trying to hold on for dear life.  :bawl:

I just could not imagine losing a child. 
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2011, 06:41:23 PM »
This is all so heartbreaking.  The death of the children hurt the most.  My heart goes out to the mother who had to sit there and listen to her children scream as they were trying to hold on for dear life.  :bawl:

I just could not imagine losing a child. 

One is unimaginable...two would make it almost impossible to go on.

At least one survived and the baby she's carrying - so far - is showing a heart beat. I haven't heard how far along she is. Both she and the surviving child are in the hospital. Everything they had is gone, and the father is making funeral arrangements for two of his children. I do hope they have family - who aren't having to put their own lives back together - with them....

Certainly puts complaining - about anything - into a totally different perspective.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #154 on: May 27, 2011, 07:24:54 PM »
16 yo Lantz Hare, who's father was on the other night, in a heart-breaking interview with Anderson Cooper, has been found, and his body identified.....  :bawl:

http://inthearena.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/26/sad-outcome-to-search-for-lantz-hare/

Offline CG6468

« Reply #155 on: May 29, 2011, 09:45:35 AM »
No words are adequate...

LINK: Joplin Photos
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #156 on: May 29, 2011, 12:26:43 PM »
I just saw Joplin agan on FNC when they were talking about Obama arriving within the hour. Seeing all that rubble, and thinking about people who could still be trapped underneath all that mess is simply heart breaking. My prayers are still with all affected by this tragedy.

There is no bitch out there worse than Mother Nature...  :bawl:

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #157 on: May 29, 2011, 09:35:52 PM »
Will Norton, the young man who had just graduated and was racing home with his father who was also seriously injured, has also been found... :bawl:

RIP young man :(

http://www.kctv5.com/news/28057781/detail.html

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2011, 10:11:20 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJa_9fRoMYo[/youtube]