Author Topic: Tiger Woods taken to hospital in 'serious' condition after car accident  (Read 19917 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator

Professional golfer Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car accident early this morning, the Florida Highway Patrol just reported.

Woods, 33, pulled out of his driveway in the Isleworth community about 2:25 a.m. when he struck a fire hydrant, and then drove into a tree at his neighbor's property, FHP reported. ...
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-bk-tiger-woods-accident,0,1369881.story

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
Re: Tiger Woods taken to hospital in 'serious' condition after car accident
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 01:48:05 PM »
Drove at 2:00 AM, hit a fire hydrant, then a tree.......  Anyone want to guess the blood alcohol level?
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 01:58:09 PM »
FHP said the crash is still under investigation. It said alcohol did not play a role in the crash, but that charges are pending.

http://www.vancouversun.com/Tiger+Woods+injured+crash/2277022/story.html
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 02:18:21 PM »
FHP is saying alcohol wasn't a factor.  Speed of his vehicle was slow enough to not cause the airbags to deploy.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 02:19:07 PM »
How much you wanna bet that he wasn't wearing a seat belt?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 03:34:43 PM »
I have to wonder if Woods had some sort of medical episode that caused him to have this accident - no alcohol coupled with two low speed collisions just outside of his home suggests something just isn't right.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 03:38:17 PM »
FLHwy Patrol was reporting it was serious.

Fox and ESPN are already reporting he was treated for facial cuts and released in "good" condition. Possible charges pending and alcohol was not a factor.

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 04:40:41 PM »
I think that this kind of news is absolutely inane. Who really cares about Tiger Woods and his accident?? Were he not some sort of celebrity, it would have only made the local papers, at best. (I don't wish Tiger any ill or ill feelings, just that the media seems to be grasping)
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 05:00:50 PM »
Shades of Patches Kennedy and ambien?   Also, did I see an article about Tiger having an anger management issue on the course? 

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 05:02:12 PM »
I think that this kind of news is absolutely inane. Who really cares about Tiger Woods and his accident?? Were he not some sort of celebrity, it would have only made the local papers, at best. (I don't wish Tiger any ill or ill feelings, just that the media seems to be grasping)
There's almost no news today. The whole country must be in a turkey induced coma because this is the biggest event out there. :)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 05:06:18 PM »
Shades of Patches Kennedy and ambien?   Also, did I see an article about Tiger having an anger management issue on the course? 

If I had a crowd of idiots that followed me around shouting lines from Happy Gilmore while I was trying to work, I'd have anger issues too. :-)
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 05:12:29 PM »
If I had a crowd of idiots that followed me around shouting lines from Happy Gilmore while I was trying to work, I'd have anger issues too. :-)

Excellent point. :-)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 05:22:35 PM »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I suppose that I'd have anger issues, too under those circumstances.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 05:52:16 PM »
Just found this one:

Tiger Woods was injured in a car accident early Friday outside his Florida mansion, and a local police chief said his wife used a golf club to smash out the back window and help get the world's No. 1 golfer out of the SUV.

<snip>
Entire article here >

Did she use a wood or iron? :evillaugh: 

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2009, 06:00:04 PM »
Interesting that this happened the day that the National Enquirer broke a huge Tiger Woods cheating on his wife story.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 06:16:26 PM »
Just found this one:

Why did she have to break out the window?  Apparently all he had were facial lacerations.  Something is really fishy about all this.

I'm certainly not a fan of his, but of course I completely respect the hell out of his ability, and hope he turns out all right.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2009, 07:50:00 PM »
Why did she have to break out the window?  Apparently all he had were facial lacerations.  Something is really fishy about all this.

I'm certainly not a fan of his, but of course I completely respect the hell out of his ability, and hope he turns out all right.
Come on, man! You're reading a release from his publicist!

If I came crawling home at 2am from a girlfriend's house, I'd be lucky if all my wife did was whale on me with a 4-iron.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2009, 07:52:35 PM »
Come on, man! You're reading a release from his publicist!

If I came crawling home at 2am from a girlfriend's house, I'd be lucky if all my wife did was whale on me with a 4-iron.

hee hee hee....

4-play....
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline kenth

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2009, 11:19:29 PM »
Just found this one:

She went through the back window of the, what is it, Escalade to get to him? But he was going slow enough that the airbags didn't deploy. No alcohol involved either. I'm guessing she may have driven through the back window before the crash.

Offline sofa king

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 02:42:26 AM »
ummm...

yeah. so wifey takes a driver to the the car of cheating tiger.  after he hits a hydrant and a tree. 

she wasn't trying to save him from the crash scene.  she was trying to kill him!

go wifey!

:lmao:

Offline cottondress

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 07:55:04 AM »
Im going out for dinner...haaaaa...I told my husband that his wife was probly chasing him out of the house over another woman! Glad I bet on that one  :hyper:
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2009, 10:50:29 AM »
Im going out for dinner...haaaaa...I told my husband that his wife was probly chasing him out of the house over another woman! Glad I bet on that one  :hyper:

When the other half heard there was no alchohol involved he said wifey must have chased him out of the house with a golf club....he was kidding at the time - and speaking from experience...  :evillaugh:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2009, 11:19:38 AM »
I wonder just who and what club it was that gave him the facial lacerations that were causing his in and out of consciousness and caused the crash? For that matter at what point was the rear window of the Escalade knocked out, before or after the crash?

:-)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2009, 11:36:06 AM »
When the other half heard there was no alchohol involved he said wifey must have chased him out of the house with a golf club....he was kidding at the time - and speaking from experience...  :evillaugh:
Apparently Tiger has now told people that is exactly what happened. He was trying to leave during the argument over his girlfriend, while the wife was running along side whaling away with a golf club. He got distracted, and hit the hydrant and tree. He was also affected by pain pills he had been taking.

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2009, 01:29:53 PM »
Didn't Patrick Kennedy "sleep drive" into the Capitol barricade when he was on Ambien?   Something like that ?