Author Topic: "Earth Liberation Front" strikes in Washington State  (Read 31626 times)

Offline tuolumnejim

"Earth Liberation Front" strikes in Washington State
« on: March 03, 2008, 08:50:24 AM »
There needs to be a bounty on *sshats dead or alive.

Link

Fire burns "Street of Dreams" homes in Snohomish County
The Associated Press

WOODINVILLE, Wash. — Four large homes are burning at a "Street of Dreams" model home development north of Woodinville, and the Snohomish County District Seven Chief Rick Eastman told KING-TV that a sign saying ELF was left at the scene.

ELF or Earth Liberation Front has claimed responsibility for other arsons, including one at the University of Washington in 2001 for which a woman is now on trial in Tacoma.
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: "Earth Liberation Front" strikes in Washington State
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 09:07:30 AM »
Domestic Terrorists should be treated like international terrorists -- shoot on sight.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 09:15:35 AM »
My girlfriend and I were at the Street of Dreams last year... the homes are phenominal and set in a beautiful area, so of course, the ELF must destroy them. I'm glad I took so many pictures of them - the craftmanship and time that went in to those houses was breathtaking.

I wonder where the ELF lives? in shacks? mud huts?

holes in the ground?  :censored:

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 09:28:19 AM »
I don't get why ELF burns stuff.

By burning, they release FAR more chemicals into the atmosphere than those houses ever did while standing.

All that carpet, paint, wood, glass and metal doesn't exactly just melt/crack/peel/disintegrate w/o letting SOMETHING into the air.

For a group that is freaking' environmentally conscious, I wanna know why they wantonly pollute so.

*TKay*

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 09:53:58 AM »
They're terrorists and should be treated as such!   :bird:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 10:17:12 AM »
My girlfriend and I were at the Street of Dreams last year... the homes are phenominal and set in a beautiful area, so of course, the ELF must destroy them. I'm glad I took so many pictures of them - the craftmanship and time that went in to those houses was breathtaking.

Post a couple of pic's of what they looked like, here's a video link of what they looked like today.

A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 10:35:54 AM »
They're terrorists and should be treated as such!   :bird:

Don't hold your breath waiting for the US to carry out airstrikes within the US.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 10:45:04 AM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Lauri

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 10:47:50 AM »

By burning, they release FAR more chemicals into the atmosphere than those houses ever did while standing.

All that carpet, paint, wood, glass and metal doesn't exactly just melt/crack/peel/disintegrate w/o letting SOMETHING into the air.

For a group that is freaking' environmentally conscious, I wanna know why they wantonly pollute so.

*TKay*

not to mention, those homes will just be rebuilt...   every home they've ever burned down was rebuilt.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 10:50:59 AM »

Post a couple of pic's of what they looked like, here's a video link of what they looked like today.

http://flickr.com/photos/jeffsand/sets/72157601114207409/?photo_deleted=958210885

here is the set, but the photos just do not do them justice...   

Offline Lauri

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 10:53:08 AM »
so, the updated news we've heard this morning on FOX is that ELF left behind a big 4 foot sign to claim responsibility which read, "These homes were supposed to be green"

meaning, they didnt feel the materials used were up to their standards.

i dont recall this particular Street of Dreams as being "the Green Collection" or anything of that nature.. but it was a while back, so I could be wrong.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 10:56:16 AM »

*TKay*

The amount of pollution caused by even a very large structure fire is too small to have an impact on the atmosphere. That said, people in ELF are idiots if they think that their childish activities are going to bring about the result they desire.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 11:01:47 AM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 11:04:10 AM »

*TKay*
...and then the houses will be rebuilt...using more eeeevil natural resources.   :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline guest

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 11:20:02 AM »
I hate what they do. :censored:  But I have to give them credit for operating the way they do in order to avoid capture.  They aren't an organized group, just a bunch of splinter groups and individuals.   

Have they ever  officially been called a domestic terrorist organization?  Just curious.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 11:40:19 AM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline Lauri

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 11:26:38 AM »
I hate what they do. :censored:  But I have to give them credit for operating the way they do in order to avoid capture.  They aren't an organized group, just a bunch of splinter groups and individuals.   

Have they ever been officially been called a domestic terrorist organization?  Just curious.

you give them credit for eluding capture??

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2008, 11:33:16 AM »

Have they ever been officially been called a domestic terrorist organization?  Just curious.

You entirely misunderstood my post. :banghead:  I am saying that they are, unfortunately,  smart for NOT being an organized group in the way they go about their crimes.   

I do NOT LIKE WHAT THEY DO.   What else can I do to make myself clear enough on that?

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 11:38:01 AM »

Yes.

Earth Liberation Front is now FBI’s No. 1 Domestic Terrorist Threat-

http://prfamerica.org/EarthLiberationFrontNo1onFBIList.html
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline guest

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 11:39:56 AM »

Yes.

Earth Liberation Front is now FBI’s No. 1 Domestic Terrorist Threat-

http://prfamerica.org/EarthLiberationFrontNo1onFBIList.html

Okay, that's somewhat comforting to know.   

It's sad, though, that group will never completely go away.  There is no organizational hierarchy in ELF, just a bunch of little groups and individuals. 

« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 11:42:01 AM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline Lauri

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 11:41:37 AM »

You entirely misunderstood my post. :banghead:  I am saying that they are, unfortunately,  smart for NOT being an organized group in the way they go about their crimes.   

I do NOT LIKE WHAT THEY DO.   What else can I do to make myself clear enough on that?

its a weird stance to take... but if that's how you feel, that's fine. i dont find anything that they've done 'smart' by any stretch of the imagination and yes, some of them are in prison and have been captured.

Offline guest

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 11:43:05 AM »

its a weird stance to take... but if that's how you feel, that's fine. i dont find anything that they've done 'smart' by any stretch of the imagination and yes, some of them are in prison and have been captured.

You still don't get it.     :banghead:   It's not a weird stance.  I am merely saying that by acting as splinter groups and individuals, the odds of the organization being completely disbanded are slim to none.  There's no hierarchy that the government can go after. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 11:51:49 AM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline Lauri

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008, 11:53:03 AM »

You still don't get it.     :banghead:   It's not a weird stance.  I am merely saying that by acting as splinter groups and individuals, the odds of the organization being completely disbanded are slim to none. 

i do get it.. i just dont agree with you. and since they are now actually termed as domestic terrorists (dont know when that occured, but i am glad they finally made the list) they have better teams of experts looking for them.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 11:56:40 AM »

i do get it.. i just dont agree with you. and since they are now actually termed as domestic terrorists (dont know when that occured, but i am glad they finally made the list) they have better teams of experts looking for them.

I would hope that there are better people finding ways to infiltrate the splinter groups in order to bust them.   I am not trying to paint them in a positive light at all.  I am only saying that their tactics to avoid capture are sadly working. 

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2008, 01:43:22 PM »

*TKay*

..because it has nothing to do with pollution. It has to do with class warfare and their hatred of Capitalism. Don't see too many '78 Ford pickups vandalized, do ya? Yet they pollute a HELLUVA lot more than an '08 Escalade.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2008, 01:49:11 PM »

*TKay*

..because it has nothing to do with pollution. It has to do with class warfare and their hatred of Capitalism. Don't see too many '78 Ford pickups vandalized, do ya? Yet they pollute a HELLUVA lot more than an '08 Escalade.
BINGO!!!!

I've always wondered why the tree-huggin' granola heads don't go after old clunkers and sportscars. Instead, they focus all of their rage on SUV's because that's a symbol of all they hate.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2008, 02:25:34 PM »

*TKay*

Ecoterrorists are like DUmmies. Their hatrid has consumed any common sense and rationality they might have had before.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2008, 02:47:15 PM »

*TKay*

The amount of pollution caused by even a very large structure fire is too small to have an impact on the atmosphere. That said, people in ELF are idiots if they think that their childish activities are going to bring about the result they desire.

Yeah the "pollution" argument against ELF is weak but is there something you care to confess about your childhood Owl?

You mocked the terrorist post with your comment about "airstrikes" but your dismissal of using arson as a political tactic as "childlike" is even more extream. There are many ways of dealing with terrorist including arrest. Your tactic is far more dangerous.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826