Author Topic: Obama declines comment on US hostage crisis off Somalia  (Read 16587 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Obama declines comment on US hostage crisis off Somalia
« on: April 09, 2009, 10:26:59 AM »
Breaking now.

Obama declines comment on US hostage crisis off Somalia
http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSWBT01101720090409

WASHINGTON, April 9 (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama declined to answer reporters' questions on Thursday on a hostage crisis off the coast of Somalia, where a U.S. ship captain is being held captive by pirates.

Obama was asked to comment on the situation several times by reporters at a White House event on refinancing for homeowners. Obama, however, stuck closely to the script and replied that he wanted to remain focused on housing.

(Reporting by Jeff Mason, Editing by Sandra Maler)

Is he too chicken to comment or does he not give a ****.
This follows closely on the heels of Hilery laughing during a discussion on the same subject.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Obama declines comment on US hostage crisis off Somalia
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 10:44:11 AM »
I really don't know what to say to this. 

I am truly in shock.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 10:48:38 AM »
TOTUS hadn't scrolled down to the answer/statement yet.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 11:14:27 AM »
He is not so privately rooting for the somalians.  I hope the americans who voted for this prick are happy about his leadership.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 11:21:26 AM »
TOTUS hadn't scrolled down to the answer/statement yet.
...or it was broken.  What a rookie.   :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 11:26:29 AM »
He couldn't make a statement because he hadn't seen any poll numbers yet.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 11:33:13 AM »
"Breaking news from the White House: 0Bama will issue a statement about not issuing a statement, after the hostage crisis is resolved." :fuelfire:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 11:41:53 AM »
Ooooobama's new slogan:

"Teleprompter.  Don't leave home without it".

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 12:18:52 PM »
I understand that he was there do discuss something else than the Pirate situation...but at the very least he SHOULD have said, "before we get into our discusison on housing...I'd like to take just a moment and say something about the hostage situation off the coast of Somalia..."

How hard is that?

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 12:21:46 PM »
I understand that he was there do discuss something else than the Pirate situation...but at the very least he SHOULD have said, "before we get into our discusison on housing...I'd like to take just a moment and say something about the hostage situation off the coast of Somalia..."

How hard is that?

It's impossible. TOTUS can only handle one topic at a time. More than that, and we get a bunch of "eh, er, and uhs" . Worse we could end up with BSOD.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 12:22:49 PM »

How hard is that?

Very hard when you're out of your depth in a parking log puddle.

Did you hear???  This Easter, Barry's gonna hide his own Easter eggs again.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 12:36:34 PM »
Other than that one little blurb, there is NO coverage on this by any other MSM. The white house remains silent.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 12:48:56 PM »

How hard is that?

Thought the same thing.  At least he could have given a shout out to the Navy?  The FBI?  The heroic Captain?  The situation is in capable hands?  God Bless America? Blame Bush?  Yeah, how hard is that  :p

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 01:46:11 PM »
Mr. Obama is an empty suit, a narcisissist, less bright than everyone seems to think, completely and utterly inexperienced in "real world" work situations, so it is impossible for him to admit he has no idea of what to do.

Worse still, the advisors he has hired are all Clinton retreads, and from the "b" team as well. THEY don't know what to do either.

I know what to do, see Tom Jefferson.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 02:03:22 PM »
And they gave Bush a hard time??? OMFG......

What a complete and utter fool.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 02:35:07 PM »
And they gave Bush a hard time??? omg......

What a complete and utter fool.

They gave President Bush 8 years of grief over delaying by 30 MINUTES saying anything about the first plane hitting the WTC...but it's been what...36 HOURS since the ship was attacked and there's been NO STATEMENT by the President.

:banghead:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 02:36:49 PM »
Well, Soros IS on vacation and can't be reached to tell Barry what to say at the moment...
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 03:02:44 PM »
They gave President Bush 8 years of grief over delaying by 30 MINUTES saying anything about the first plane hitting the WTC...but it's been what...36 HOURS since the ship was attacked and there's been NO STATEMENT by the President.

:banghead:
yep....they STILL beat him up over that. I mean really, WTF was he supposed to do? Run out of that classroom screaming like little Democrat?

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline ironhorsedriver

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 03:07:43 PM »
Well, as I've said, He's probably thinking of the punishment to give the crew for taking back their ship. Can't have them violating the pirates civil rights. The man is a complete, utter, embarassment to every American alive.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 03:31:09 PM »
yep....they STILL beat him up over that. I mean really, WTF was he supposed to do? Run out of that classroom screaming like little Democrat?

Wasn't it sKerry that said he was "paralyzed" for 45 minutes and couldn't even think after he heard what happened???
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Karin

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2009, 03:46:23 PM »
Jesus Christ, could this incident please push that monster's poll numbers over the cliff already?   

Hey, at the end of Rush's first hour, a caller called in and said something like Eric Holder said that if any of the pirates were mistreated, he would hold the crew to account.  Is this just a rumour?  I can't find anything on it. 

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2009, 04:11:48 PM »
Wasn't it sKerry that said he was "paralyzed" for 45 minutes and couldn't even think after he heard what happened???
I think so........we're still waiting for him to unfreeze.  :evillaugh:

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2009, 04:23:45 PM »
I understand that he was there do discuss something else than the Pirate situation...but at the very least he SHOULD have said, "before we get into our discussion on housing...I'd like to take just a moment and say something about the hostage situation off the coast of Somalia..."

How hard is that?

Well the evil brother of Steve Eurkel would need a spine first to make that kind of decision.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2009, 04:32:01 PM »
God help us all if we have another attack the magnitude of 9/11. This dunce will turn the event into total chaos.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2009, 04:38:18 PM »
What the **** is his problem :hammer: :banghead:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.