Author Topic: Romney to Quit the Race  (Read 34220 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Romney to Quit the Race
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2008, 12:29:33 PM »
the only response I can give you is one I heard this morning.. and this woman said, correctly, "we didnt know Reagan was Reagan until he'd been there a while" .. he was denied in 1976, but later came back and did what he did.

Reagan was pro choice in his earlier days.. so.. he wasnt a 'true conservative' when he first took the White House..

I feel totally let down as well, but handing this to Hilary or Obama is not in our best interest.

Difference is, we've had decades to get to know McCain. Add in the information technology and cable age, and there's nothing he can hide. He can't tell us he will be one way when we know damn well he's the other way. As for the Pro-Choice/Pro-Life issue, while I'm pro-life it's really not my main, driving factor in who I want to run the country.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2008, 12:29:50 PM »
^I'm afraid you're correct.

So what foreign countries are acceptable? I'm thinking about it too....
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2008, 12:30:23 PM »
^yeah, what you said. I'm not giving up either.
I am.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline ReardenSteel

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Lauri

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2008, 12:32:52 PM »
4 years will not be long enough to pass something of that degree.  She'll be out in 4 years, and americans will put a real Republican back in the WH.  Hillary will have to move to the Right if she wants a re-election...so garnishing wages is something that will never happen.

Why? She talks to her idiotic friends in Congress, they author the bill and send it to the White House, and she signs it into law. You don't think the Supremes are going to strike it down as unconstitutional, do you?

well, first of all, she hasnt told us how she plans to pay for health care..

i think Hilary is skidding by on that 'I'm the first woman running for president .. isnt that special?!?!" vote... once she starts having to put the meat on her plans, people will quickly understand we cant afford her.

our economy cannot afford to pay for everyone to go to college.

our economy cannot afford to pay for people's mortgages.

everything she puts forth has a billion dollar price tag on it... where is she getting all this money??

PLUS! she ran OUT of money for her own campaign - she is a terrible manager and its showing. our side needs to shine a huge spotlight these issues.

Offline Lauri

Re: Mitt "suspending" campaign.. not quitting?
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2008, 12:33:37 PM »
Rush just played Romney's speech where he said he is suspending the campaign.

They are cutting deals here...  :banghead:

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2008, 12:35:19 PM »
I can't believe that you guys would even consider handing the reins of a deployed military to either Clinton or Obama.

Should we turn it over to some guy that wants to shut down Guantanamo Bay that houses people they've fought on the battlefield? There are troops that have been killed by many of those ****ers. How about prohibiting waterboarding a f'n shitbag terrorist to obtain information about potential ambushes, etc.?

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2008, 12:35:49 PM »
This whole conversation is getting very DUesque. With people saying that they aren't going to vote and some talking about leaving the country and others hoping the country falls apart to teach it a lesson... if I didn't know better I'd feel certain I logged on to a Conservativecave in the twilight zone.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2008, 12:36:19 PM »
the only response I can give you is one I heard this morning.. and this woman said, correctly, "we didnt know Reagan was Reagan until he'd been there a while" .. he was denied in 1976, but later came back and did what he did.

Reagan was pro choice in his earlier days.. so.. he wasnt a 'true conservative' when he first took the White House..

I feel totally let down as well, but handing this to Hilary or Obama is not in our best interest.

Difference is, we've had decades to get to know McCain. Add in the information technology and cable age, and there's nothing he can hide. He can't tell us he will be one way when we know damn well he's the other way. As for the Pro-Choice/Pro-Life issue, while I'm pro-life it's really not my main, driving factor in who I want to run the country.

well, my point being... Reagan wasnt our hero when he first came into office. he was our "anybody but Carter or Mondale" choice..

we seem to be there again.  :banghead:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2008, 12:36:43 PM »
I can't believe that you guys would even consider handing the reins of a deployed military to either Clinton or Obama.

Should we turn it over to some guy that wants to shut down Guantanamo Bay that houses people they've fought on the battlefield? There are troops that have been killed by many of those ****ers. How about prohibiting waterboarding a f'n shitbag terrorist to obtain information about potential ambushes, etc.?

so Obama or Clinton would be the better choice?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2008, 12:37:45 PM »

i think Hilary is skidding by on that 'I'm the first woman running for president .. isnt that special?!?!" vote... once she starts having to put the meat on her plans, people will quickly understand we cant afford her.

everything she puts forth has a billion dollar price tag on it... where is she getting all this money??

PLUS! she ran OUT of money for her own campaign - she is a terrible manager and its showing. our side needs to shine a huge spotlight these issues.

She said the plan would cost 110 billion dollars (I know, LOL, right?) and that 55 billion would come from canceling the tax breaks for people making over 250K. The other 55 billion would come from, what she said, "a modernization of the healthcare industry". ....whatever the hell that means.

I swear, I do not like that bitch.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2008, 12:38:38 PM »

Hell f'n no, but it'll speed up the inevitable. IMO, get it over with. I'm locked and loaded.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2008, 12:38:46 PM »

And that in some way compares with the deballing of the Military that Hillary or Obama will do once in office. Those are small potatos in the big picture... in my opinion.
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2008, 12:38:57 PM »
I want to add that yesterday I read an article on Fox or CNN, that Bush is behind this...He doesn't want Romney as the candidate, he is using his influence to persuade senators and other leaders to endorse McCain; supposedly because McCain agrees with his immigration stance :censored:
The party is moving left, slowly but surely...Gator had it right on this one.

Well that's lovely...they are soo soo wrong on immigration. I'm torn between sitting this one out and voting just to keep the Hildabeast's hands off the White House china. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

just remember: McCain tried to cram that amnesty crap down our throats and WE stopped it.

WE stopped Hilary care as well once before.

we face a lot of threats, but dont discount the public's ability to keep it on an even keel.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2008, 12:39:54 PM »
This whole conversation is getting very DUesque. With people saying that they aren't going to vote and some talking about leaving the country and others hoping the country falls apart to teach it a lesson... if I didn't know better I'd feel certain I logged on to a Conservativecave in the twilight zone.

people need to vent out their anger... we'll get it together.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2008, 12:40:12 PM »

Hell f'n no, but it'll speed up the inevitable. IMO, get it over with. I'm locked and loaded.

Don't we make fun of the DUers who say the same thing?
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Chris_

Re: Mitt "suspending" campaign.. not quitting?
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2008, 12:40:13 PM »
what the hell??? I don't get it either. what's the strategy here?

Money.  A suspended campaign can continue to be tax exempt.  This is like a Chapter 11 reorganization.  The real end of the campaign will be when the $$ are all accounted for.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2008, 12:41:18 PM »

She said the plan would cost 110 billion dollars (I know, LOL, right?) and that 55 billion would come from canceling the tax breaks for people making over 250K. The other 55 billion would come from, what she said, "a modernization of the healthcare industry". ....whatever the hell that means.

I swear, I do not like that bitch.

do you dislike her more than McCain?  :-)

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2008, 12:41:26 PM »

Don't know who's talking about leaving the country. I'm just going to stop buying, remove my money from my bank account, other than the money I need to pay bills, etc. and weather the storm. I can do that, see, I'm a conservative. Mark my words though, this country will not look like it did before. Think about how much has changed since the 50's. Look at Berkeley. Can you make a contrast? Balkanization or Revolution. That's my question.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2008, 12:44:28 PM »

Seriousness vs. Fairytale. I'm being serious, those idiots are seeing unicorns. Big difference. You turn this country over to liberals and you will see this country destroyed. Handing the reins over to McCain isn't that much better. McCain-Kennedy, McCain-Lieberman, McCain-Feingold. Look'em up. He seems to revel in ****ing us over with a liberal partner.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2008, 12:44:44 PM »

Don't know who's talking about leaving the country. I'm just going to stop buying, remove my money from my bank account, other than the money I need to pay bills, etc. and weather the storm. I can do that, see, I'm a conservative. Mark my words though, this country will not look like it did before. Think about how much has changed since the 50's. Look at Berkeley. Can you make a contrast? Balkanization or Revolution. That's my question.

ok, Rebel.. now listen. this kind of reaction is what is causing our economy to falter. we are having a momentary problem here but even if Hilary or McCain took office today, nothing would change in the first six months even..

you're a soldier right? you know you cant win every skirmish... but the giving up doesnt even allow us to keep playing.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2008, 12:47:38 PM »
ok, Rebel.. now listen. this kind of reaction is what is causing our economy to falter. we are having a momentary problem here but even if Hilary or McCain took office today, nothing would change in the first six months even..

you're a soldier right? you know you cant win every skirmish... but the giving up doesnt even allow us to keep playing.

I'm not a soldier anymore. I do, however, understand your point about the economy faltering. I made the point about it the other day. As for changes in 6 months, I cannot be optimistic. She's talking about ****ing us over BEFORE she's even elected. What do you think she'll do WHEN she's elected. As for McCain, I've already stated my disagreements. You have two choices, a Democrat or a Democrat-Lite. I'm a conservative. Sorry, I have no candidate.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2008, 12:48:59 PM »

Seriousness vs. Fairytale. I'm being serious, those idiots are seeing unicorns. Big difference. You turn this country over to liberals and you will see this country destroyed. Handing the reins over to McCain isn't that much better. McCain-Kennedy, McCain-Lieberman, McCain-Feingold. Look'em up. He seems to revel in ******* us over with a liberal partner.

you gotta look at the big picture here.. I think Fat Teddy is on his last legs. His endorsement of Obama meant absolutely squat. His state went for Hilary in a big way. What do you think that says about his future endeavors there? He may face a slightly angry public if he doesnt help deliver a lib into the White House. And he's already failed with Kerry as well.

His 'reach' and his 'seniority' have never meant much outside of his state.. he's old, he's extremely unhealthy and I wouldnt be suprised if he's thinking about retiring soon. A lot of the old guard hippy dippy left is nearing retirement.

Dont let this absolutely kill your enthusiasm for the country - we never let Ted Kennedy be president .. that oughta count for something  :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2008, 12:49:28 PM »
Huck didn't drop yet! Com'on kev!!! Jump on the Huck Express!

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2008, 12:49:33 PM »
BTW, you guys can support or vote the way you feel. I won't denigrate you, call you neo-cons, call you assholes or anything else. Your vote and your position is yours and yours alone. My posts here have been mine.