Author Topic: What the **** OVER!!!!!!!  (Read 19736 times)

Offline Bh

• Just Off Probation
Re: What the **** OVER!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2008, 11:04:53 AM »
Quote from: Bh
F-35 Joint Strike fighter, probably the last manned fighter.
Quote from: JohnMatrix
right, we have hundreds of those in service!  oh wait...
That's why I said this is what's next, what's your point?

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2008, 11:31:59 AM »
We have a few squadrons now of the F-22 but they are not combat ready to be deployed. The Red Flag guys at Nellis just got thier first one so its going to be awhile before we really see  the combat capabilities of the F-22. So far nothing that the US Military has thrown at it has beat it in any aspect of air to air combat. All in all The Iranians would still have a hard time going toe to toe with any F-22 squadron since it looks like even during the War years and with the purges of their air Force they didn't really do them selves any favors by killing some of their better pilots and shying away from real combat.

You are correct to point out that nothing has been able to outperform the F-22 at air combat, but everyone should keep in mind that the superiority of the F-22 does not make it invulnerable...

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2007/07/jesters_dead.asp

:-)

Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2008, 11:37:45 AM »
Oh goody--a noob gets smoked.  It's gonna happen until you get 200-300 hours easily in the aircraft.

And "Indian aces?"  Name ONE.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2008, 11:41:58 AM »
Oh goody--a noob gets smoked.  It's gonna happen until you get 200-300 hours easily in the aircraft.

I doubt that the USAF would put a "noob" in the cockpit of a $150 million aircraft.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2008, 11:42:59 AM »

I doubt that the USAF would put a "noob" in the cockpit of a $150 million aircraft.

They ain't ALL generals, sonny.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2008, 03:26:15 PM »

They ain't ALL generals, sonny.

The only jet aircraft that has a limitation on what rank it takes to fly it is the AV-8B Harrier. The reason being is becuse it takes far longer to get real experiance to learn to fly a jet that flys like no other in our services. The lowest rank to fly one is Captain.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2008, 03:57:26 PM »
The only jet aircraft that has a limitation on what rank it takes to fly it is the AV-8B Harrier. The reason being is becuse it takes far longer to get real experiance to learn to fly a jet that flys like no other in our services. The lowest rank to fly one is Captain.

According to what I've read, F-15 and F-16 pilots who are qualified to try out for the F-22 program go through 5 weeks of testing in an F-16. I don't know how much training raw recruits have to have before they can fly the F-15 or the F-16, but I would imagine that the training takes a minimum of a few months. In a nutshell, the USAF does not put noobs in Raptors.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 04:08:08 PM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2008, 04:06:37 PM »

According to what I've read, pilots who are selected to try out for the F-22 program go through 5 weeks of testing in an F-16. I don't know how much training raw recruits have to have before they can fly the F-16, but I would imagine that the training takes a minimum of a few months. In a nutshell, the USAF does not put noobs in Raptors.

Dumbass............. Those pilots that go through the 5 weeks of testing are in addition to their basic flight training.

A minimum of a few months  :lmao:

Again you are trying to discuss things that you have no clue on.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2008, 04:11:34 PM »
Dumbass............. Those pilots that go through the 5 weeks of testing are in addition to their basic flight training.

Right... The 5 weeks of testing required for pilots trying to gain entry into the F-22 program is in addition to basic flight training... which takes at least a few months. That is why I said that pilots, not raw recruits, are selected for the F-22 program.

According to F-16 pilot Maj. Gregory N. "Mongo" Stroud, the shortest fighter pilot training program in the USAF lasts 15 weeks...

http://www.f-16.net/interviews_article16.html

« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 04:22:44 PM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2008, 04:19:07 PM »

Right... The 5 weeks of testing required to gain entry into the F-22 program is in addition to basic flight training... which takes at least a few months.

According to the following interview of an F-16 pilot, the quickest program for fighter training in the USAF is 15 weeks...
http://www.f-16.net/interviews_article16.html

Do you even read the things you post??

That was Navy flight school not the USAF and just the beginning, notice it was about two years before he recieved his wings dumbass

Again............you are talking about things you have no idea on

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2008, 04:28:42 PM »
That was Navy flight school not the USAF and just the beginning, notice it was about two years before he recieved his wings dumbass

So? Even though most of the pilots in the F-22 program come from F-15 and F-16 squadrons, some pilots can enter the program straight after basic flight training and without fighter training (not counting the 5 weeks of testing in an F-16)...

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/news/2008/01/mil-080116-afpn03.htm

4 new pilots begin F-22 training
by 2nd Lt. Bryan Bouchard
56th Fighter Wing Public Affairs

1/16/2008 - LUKE AIR FORCE BASE, Ariz. (AFPN)  -- The first Air Force pilots selected to fly the F-22 Raptor without previous fighter experience entered the 63rd Fighter Squadron for the Raptor Lead-in course Jan. 14 here.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 04:37:47 PM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2008, 04:41:58 PM »

So? Even though most of the pilots in the F-22 program come from F-15 and F-16 squadrons, some pilots can enter the program straight after basic flight training and without fighter training (not counting the 5 weeks of testing in an F-16)...
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/news/2008/01/mil-080116-afpn03.htm

4 new pilots begin F-22 training
by 2nd Lt. Bryan Bouchard
56th Fighter Wing Public Affairs

1/16/2008 - LUKE AIR FORCE BASE, Ariz. (AFPN)  -- The first Air Force pilots selected to fly the F-22 Raptor without previous fighter experience entered the 63rd Fighter Squadron for the Raptor Lead-in course Jan. 14 here.

Again you are talking about something you have no idea of dumbass.

They are not entering after basic flight training

Since the F-22 is replacing F-16's and F-15's taking in the first 4 students that have not had true fighter experience is the normal process.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2008, 04:51:22 PM »

Since the F-22 is replacing F-16's and F-15's taking in the first 4 students that have not had true fighter experience is the normal process.

Okay. I thought that the Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals course was part of basic flight training for fighter pilots. In any case, we are talking about a difference of 6 weeks. Why are we squabbling about 6 weeks? The point that both of us are trying to make is that the USAF does not put noobs in Raptors, so I really don't understand your aggravation.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 04:55:53 PM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2008, 04:55:26 PM »

Again you are talking about something you have no idea of dumbass.

Okay, I thought that the USAF basic flight training program for fighter pilots included the Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals course. Why are we squabbling about 6 weeks? The point that both of us are trying to make is that the USAF does not put noobs in Raptors, so I really don't understand your aggravation.

from your own article they are about to put 4 noobs into the Raptor.

Oh my aggravation is just you discussing things that you have no knowledge of

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2008, 04:57:11 PM »

A person who has the best training in the world is not someone who I would consider a noob, but I guess everything is relative.

Okay. Whatever you say, Top Gun.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 04:59:49 PM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2008, 05:00:50 PM »

A person who has the best training in the world is not what I would call a noob, but I guess everything is relative.

They are when they have not done any previous fighter training. They are noobs to all the others pilots dumbass. So yes the USAF will put a noob into the Raptor

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2008, 05:11:10 PM »
They are when they have not done any previous fighter training. They are noobs to all the others pilots dumbass. So yes the USAF will put a noob into the Raptor

Uh, no. The USAF does not put noobs in Raptors. The USAF might put noobs in the Raptor training program, but that probably involves months of simulator training and training in an F-16 or F-15 before students can fly the F-22.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 05:14:33 PM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2008, 05:11:53 PM »

Uh, no. The USAF does not put noobs into Raptors. The USAF puts noobs in the Raptor training program, which probably involves months of simulator training and training in an F-16.

They are still noobs dumbass

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2008, 05:32:36 PM »

They are still noobs dumbass

Like I said, everthing is relative. The point is that pilots have to go through a lot of training and testing before they are put into fighters, let alone Raptors.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2008, 05:08:32 PM »
First and ONLY warning folks...stay on topic or this goes to Fight Club.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2008, 01:21:05 AM »
I wouldn;t worry to much .I'm done with this.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"