Author Topic: Hard for me to say...  (Read 2185 times)

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
Hard for me to say...
« on: September 30, 2009, 04:54:27 PM »
As a long time Red Sox fan and member of RS Nation the following is difficult to say...

The Yankee's REALLY know how to build a stadium.
Last night I was selected, based on year-to-date sales performance, to attend the KC@NYY game.  The seats were provided by the company whose products we sell and were in the Legend Suite.  OMG the amount and level of service, not to mention free everything except alcohol plus being inches off the field was first rate. The food was great and snacks were non-stop. Everyone should be able to experience at least one game with that level of attention. I'll scan in the in-seat menu when I get to the office tomorrow.

Sorry Fenway - you're a rusty classic but the new Yankee Stadium is truly first rate. Go Sox!

Warm-ups

Reggie Jackson

The view from our seats
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 04:59:32 PM by RightCoast »
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline RightCoast

Re: Hard for me to say...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 06:00:46 PM »
nine eleven is a car

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 07:37:34 PM »
Damn, lucky dog. Congrats.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Flame

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 06:21:23 AM »
Cool.  When Coors field in Denver first opened, our company had a thing there.  Private suite with food and booze and all, you name it.  Our seats weren't as good as yours, but it was still a good time!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 08:59:55 AM »
I guess if you don't mind paying $500-1250 for the seat.  Few people are willing to do so, however, in fact they're having such a hard time filling those expensive, cushy seats that they have giveaways, special prices for corporations, draw ticket numbers or randomly tap people on the shoulder at the beginning of a game and tell them they've won the chance to upgrade - so the empty seats behind home plate aren't so glaringly obvious to television viewers.  New York doesn't give their fans much credit, according to the jumbo-tron and the 1400 tv screens, which tell everyone when to clap and "get loud!"

Cushy seat: $500-1250 (but hey, it includes free Kimchee!)
Beer: $14
Selling your soul to attend, enjoy, and brag about a NYY game when you're supposedly a Sox fan: Priceless!

:asssmack:

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2009/09/28/red_sox_swept_away_in_new_york/?comments=all (see comment #2 in link)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 09:01:39 AM by SherryBaby »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 05:26:03 PM »
Blahblahblah

I don't know you and don't really care about your opinion but it is a discussion board and you're welcome to your say. Personally No matter who I root for at home passing up on that experience would be stupid and to set the record straight:

Seats - free (for me anyway, and dinner was roast pork and filet mignon)
Parking - free (included with the tickets I didn't pay for)
Beer - Free the $300+/- booze tab was picked up by the manufacturer's rep
Experience - priceless
If that's selling my soul then your a moron, just sayin'.

As for the Red Sox maybe now that they backed into the wild card spot they can start trying to win a game or two to build some momentum.
nine eleven is a car

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 05:46:28 PM »
I just had time to look at your lint and comment #2 is by a liar or an idiot or both.  I forgot to scan in the menu but I'll be sure to do it tomorrow. The Bud is $10 and my choice, Blue Moon, was $9 - not $14.  You could always pay $12 for Stella Artois if you like that fancy stuff, and the food menu includes such baseball favorites as:
Cracker Jacks
Popcorn
Cotton candy
Hot dogs
SAUSAGE SANDWICHES
Nachos
Philly's cheese steak
Pizza
Burgers
And much much more...

nine eleven is a car

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 05:52:41 PM »
Yankee Stadium?   you mean homerun derby park (i.e. the laughing stock of MLB)?   that park?

:lmao:

RC you start building a shrine to Georgie and I am going to have to ask for your Red Sox Nation card back........

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 05:55:22 PM »
Yankee Stadium?   you mean homerun derby park (i.e. the laughing stock of MLB)?   that park?

:lmao:

RC you start building a shrine to Georgie and I am going to have to ask for your Red Sox Nation card back........

I STILL haven't gotten this season's card...oh well at least they sent the tickets!
nine eleven is a car

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 08:30:56 AM »
I don't know you and don't really care about your opinion but it is a discussion board and you're welcome to your say. Personally No matter who I root for at home passing up on that experience would be stupid and to set the record straight:

Seats - free (for me anyway, and dinner was roast pork and filet mignon)
Parking - free (included with the tickets I didn't pay for)
Beer - Free the $300+/- booze tab was picked up by the manufacturer's rep
Experience - priceless
If that's selling my soul then your a moron, just sayin'.

As for the Red Sox maybe now that they backed into the wild card spot they can start trying to win a game or two to build some momentum.

Red Sox Nation expat?   :tongue:  Look, I don't know what the Jays had for breakfast this past week (juice, maybe?) but rest assured that embarrassment was an anomoly.

Anyway, I realize you got your ride for free, but I'm just sayin, if someone's a Yankee fan, they should be pissed because the Yankee Organization has screwed them seven ways to Sunday with that new fancy stadium that puts the game out of reach for most people's wallets and by talking down to them with those retarded "Get Loud!" signs, and so on.

I also realize you don't know who I am - but all anyone needs to know is I'm a dirty water loving, shippin-up-to-Boston residing Red Sox Nation citizen who spends nearly every night at or near Fenway Park during the season.  Oh yeah, and Tessie, she's the only one for me.   :hyper:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 06:58:09 PM »
Anyway, I realize you got your ride for free,

You just can't resist throwing jabs can you. Whatever. As far as all that goes glad to hear your from the Boston area, I was born in Cape Cod Hospital and lived there (minus 4 years as a Marine) until I was 32 when real estate prices made it too silly to stay. So good for you and who you are. I don't think you and I will get along very well so I hope you have a good night, although you should be at Fenway according to you.

BTW the night I was there was after they clinched and the place was packed full for a meaningless game, please don't try and tell me they opened the gates to fill up the place.  And as far as pricing goes do you just make things up as you go?? Bleacher seats are $14.00 and standard field seats start at $90.00 wayyyy out of the range of the average fan. Whatever.
nine eleven is a car

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 07:24:13 PM »
RC....my son's a diehard Sox fan....and I have no idea how, he had never even been to Boston, let alone a Sox game. (he has seen them play since he's been an adult, but not in Boston)

For his 25th birthday, while he was in the Navy, I was able to get him a green ballcap from Fenway. Just exactly what he'd been talking about. And it really came from  Fenway, as a client of mine was from Boston and got it for me.

He won't wear it.   "Mom...it's from FENWAY!!!!"     ::)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 07:25:45 PM by debk »
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 07:32:46 PM »
RC....my son's a diehard Sox fan....and I have no idea how, he had never even been to Boston, let alone a Sox game. (he has seen them play since he's been an adult, but not in Boston)

For his 25th birthday, while he was in the Navy, I was able to get him a green ballcap from Fenway. Just exactly what he'd been talking about. And it really came from  Fenway, as a client of mine was from Boston and got it for me.

He won't wear it.   "Mom...it's from FENWAY!!!!"     ::)

Hahahaha - "It lasts longer if you don't wear it."
nine eleven is a car

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 10:19:42 PM »
Hahahaha - "It lasts longer if you don't wear it."

The one he wears has been on it's "last legs" for years.....he will probably wear it until it crumbles into pieces. That hat spent 5 years in the Navy.... :-)
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.