Author Topic: THROW GRANDMA UNDER THE BUS  (Read 7743 times)

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
Re: THROW GRANDMA UNDER THE BUS
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2008, 04:29:15 PM »
You guys hit on something that LL briefly mentioned upthread. Liberal strongholds in the South. Memphis, Atlanta and I'm sure a few others top my list as places that tend to be more moonbatty than the rest. I blame the Democrats and race pimps who have worked very hard at stoking the fires amongst the professional victim class. I grew up in and around Memphis. It's really gone downhill over the last 20 years. Both sides of my family have been there for 75+ years. My dad has worked for the county government for 38 years. It's sad to see such a wonderful, vibrant city be ruined. And the blame can be laid squarely on racial politics and people who think Obama's pastor is just speaking truth to power.

Despite Savannah being one of the few major Southern cities, it's becoming a moonbat territory too, with Obama and Ron Paul supporters everywhere. :(

Chatham County, especially, is heavily Democratic from what I've seen. 

I don't want to see this beautiful city go the way of Memphis.

Why are all the threads becoming about the South?  I am getting the feeling CC stands for "Confederate Conservatives."

What the hell?  I was merely saying that the areas are going  DEMOCRAT.  What's wrong with discussing that?  

Oh great, do I have to walk on egg shells around the Yankees here now? :whatever:

Yes, they are very touchy and senstive. :-) And I was wondering how a Ann Coulter thread turned into a damnyankees/southern thread. I don't hate ALL yankees, just the rude snotty ones who is ignorant of their history.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2008, 07:52:23 AM »

And just for the record, Atlanta is not the south.  Ask any southerner.

I never said that it was, and other than the climate and geography, it is not "southern."

The Florida panhandle is, i.e. Panama City and Tallahassee. I lived there for a total of 5 years, and my husband was born and raised there, and he lived there his whole life. He *is* a southerner, no questions asked. I had to ween him off the sweet tea, because that stuff stains your teeth.  And naturally, my husband calls Atlanta Yankee land...and *I* recognize it as not being southern.

My paternal grandmother was from Burmingham, Alabama...and she had the thickest southern drawl I have ever heard. Her husband, my grandfather too was from Alabama. I spent a lot of time with them, and my other set of grandparents when I was growing up, in Virginia.

And for the record, many Yankees don't just believe anything a southernor would say just because they have a southern drawl and talk sweetly. Yankees tend to think that someone with a southern accent is stupid, and that is a stereotype of a southern accent. I recently bought the Smurfs , which is akin to The Seven Dwarfs (with the characters)...and the dummy Smurf, "Dopey", has a southern accent. That too is very offensive to me, as is the Yankee superior, smarmy, bigoted attitude towards southernors. It goes both ways for me.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 07:54:06 AM by LadyLiberty »
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2008, 07:58:04 AM »
You guys hit on something that LL briefly mentioned upthread. Liberal strongholds in the South. Memphis, Atlanta and I'm sure a few others top my list as places that tend to be more moonbatty than the rest. I blame the Democrats and race pimps who have worked very hard at stoking the fires amongst the professional victim class. I grew up in and around Memphis. It's really gone downhill over the last 20 years. Both sides of my family have been there for 75+ years. My dad has worked for the county government for 38 years. It's sad to see such a wonderful, vibrant city be ruined. And the blame can be laid squarely on racial politics and people who think Obama's pastor is just speaking truth to power.

Despite Savannah being one of the few major Southern cities, it's becoming a moonbat territory too, with Obama and Ron Paul supporters everywhere. :(

Why are all the threads becoming about the South?  I am getting the feeling CC stands for "Confederate Conservatives."

What the hell?  I was merely saying that the areas are going  DEMOCRAT.  What's wrong with discussing that?  

Oh great, do I have to walk on egg shells around the Yankees here now? :whatever:

Yes, they are very touchy and senstive. :-) And I was wondering how a Ann Coulter thread turned into a damnyankees/southern thread. I don't hate ALL yankees, just the rude snotty ones who is ignorant of their history.

I guess you selectively skipped his post on the pet peeves thread in the lounge...or rather, you agreed with what he said  :whatever:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2008, 07:59:51 AM »

Me too. Don't mess with southern pride boy, lest you get whipped back into place  :hammer:

Barack Obama

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2008, 08:01:08 AM »

And just for the record, Atlanta is not the south.  Ask any southerner.
I have to agree.  I came over from Louisiana in 1999 and was rather surprised at what I saw.

Atlanta is not a southern capital by any means, at least not anymore.

If you want a city that represents the South, I'd say Savannah does a far better job.

Nashville is pretty southern.

Can't disagree with that. :)

I know that and recognize that as being southern, since my brother and his family have lived there now for 2.5 years, and they lived in Chattanooga for 6 years.

I will also add that my father  lives in the Florida panhandle (which is lower Alabama), and he grew up in Alabama...and his brother, my uncle and his family, has lived in Raleigh for about 30 years. They have a very strong southern background, as does my father.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 08:09:18 AM by LadyLiberty »

Barack Obama

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2008, 08:08:22 AM »
LL breathe............................take another deep breath.............okay, better??

So who threw grandma under the Trailways on King street??
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2008, 09:15:22 AM »

Me too. Don't mess with southern pride boy, lest you get whipped back into place  :hammer:

YOU made this thread about the South, not me, not anyone who is a southerner, YOU:

I am coming back to this thread RebelYell, because I took your bait  in the lounge where you said  that you think Yankees are so gullible, that if you tell them anything with a southern drawl, they will believe it...

I am astonished that YOU laud Ann Coulter, who is SO not a southerner.

Do you think she too is gullible and would be fooled by your southern drawl?
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2008, 10:26:25 AM »
That's right, Rebel, *I* did...calling you out here, on something that you said in the Lounge. You made a gross generalization and stereotype that Yankees are gullible, as they believe annnyyytthhiiiinnggg a southernor says, so long as they have a drawl.

You lauded Ann Coulter  here, a Yankee, and I just wanted to see if you were consistent with what you said in the Lounge about Yankees....and you were not.

What I have since learned from you here is Ann=not gullible and is therefore mutually exclusive from the rest of the Yankees who are gullible to southernors with a drawl  :whatever:

I learned much more from you as well...as well as I learned more about some other people too...things that I already figured about them anyway :werd:

I am sure you all learned about me as well.

Barack Obama

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2008, 11:00:06 AM »
That's right, Rebel, *I* did...calling you out here, on something that you said in the Lounge. You made a gross generalization and stereotype that Yankees are gullible, as they believe annnyyytthhiiiinnggg a southernor says, so long as they have a drawl.

You lauded Ann Coulter  here, a Yankee, and I just wanted to see if you were consistent with what you said in the Lounge about Yankees....and you were not.

What I have since learned from you here is Ann=not gullible and is therefore mutually exclusive from the rest of the Yankees who are gullible to southernors with a drawl  :whatever:

I learned much more from you as well...as well as I learned more about some other people too...things that I already figured about them anyway :werd:

Yes, I have learned something about you.  You are far more thin skinned than I thought.  My buddies that are from up north don't gat all pissy when I say the same things to their face as you do on a frickin message board.  They get the srcasm behind all.  Maybe it just don't carry over well through the internet.  If you'll look back on here and CU (Sam Fisher) you'll see that I have posted from Ann the whole time I've been posting.  Hell, I wish she had her own show.  I'm not so ignorant to think that all of anybody is anything. 

Just don't take a thread off topic nd then bitch about the thread being about what you made it about.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2008, 11:05:58 AM »

Yes, I have learned something about you.  You are far more thin skinned than I thought.  My buddies that are from up north don't gat all pissy when I say the same things to their face as you do on a frickin message board.  They get the srcasm behind all.  Maybe it just don't carry over well through the internet.  If you'll look back on here and CU (Sam Fisher) you'll see that I have posted from Ann the whole time I've been posting.  Hell, I wish she had her own show.  I'm not so ignorant to think that all of anybody is anything. 

Just don't take a thread off topic nd then bitch about the thread being about what you made it about.

You made the comment, not just once, but twice on the thread in the lounge, and it was an ugly thing to say...really, it was. You can think I am thin-skinned for it, but it was a downright rude thing to say.

Barack Obama

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2008, 11:10:35 AM »

You made the comment, not just once, but twice on the thread in the lounge, and it was an ugly thing to say...really, it was. You can think I am thin-skinned for it, but it was a downright rude thing to say.

If it came acroos as I would like to lynch all the Yankees,I apologize.  I have to remember that I can't type things exactly the way I'd say them.  And that the culture difference won't allow me to speak to people from all over the world the way I would my local friends and neighbors.  I don't come here to start a flamefest.  You can ask anybody.  I just speak my piece and let that be it.  I don't try to hurt feelings.  I just didn't like the way you jumped down my shit out of the blue.  Should have been brought up in the other thread.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2008, 11:36:02 AM »
Take a deep breath everybody.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2008, 11:37:54 AM »
I'm fine.  Like I said, I just say what I think.  If it comes across different then I'll try to clarify it.  As far as I'm concerned, it's done and over with.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2008, 11:47:53 AM »
I'm fine.  Like I said, I just say what I think.  If it comes across different then I'll try to clarify it.  As far as I'm concerned, it's done and over with.

Same here.

Barack Obama

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2008, 12:02:45 PM »
Cool.

I just wanted to make sure. :-)

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2008, 12:09:15 PM »

Same here.
Off topic, (I know I just said something to you about getting off topic, but do as I say not as I do :-))  but I just noticed your avater.  All this time, at a glance, I thought it was a guy on a motorcycle. :mental:

Offline CactusCarlos

• Pray, eat your vitamins, and one day you too could be a
  • If I agree with you, then we'll both be wrong.
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2008, 12:15:45 PM »

That's enough from you, missy.  You "take-a-deep-breathers" with your forced peacemaking.  Maybe we don't want peace.  Maybe we want to bicker, who are you to dictate otherwise!?!?!  :bolt:

:tongue:
"The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism, but under the name of liberalism they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program until one day America will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened."
  -- Norman Thomas, six-time Socialist Party presidential candidate and one of the founders of the ACLU

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2008, 03:10:25 PM »

That's enough from you, missy.  You "take-a-deep-breathers" with your forced peacemaking.  Maybe we don't want peace.  Maybe we want to bicker, who are you to dictate otherwise!?!?!  :bolt:

:tongue:

Go sit on a tack. :-)  :tongue:  :rotf:

Typical White Person!!!!!!!!!!!!  :rotf:

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2008, 04:21:42 PM »

I guess you selectively skipped his post on the pet peeves thread in the lounge...or rather, you agreed with what he said  :whatever:

Oh chill. That was not about you.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2008, 04:53:05 PM »

Oh chill. That was not about you.

Who else was it about then, who are "they"?  And obviously, it was me who turned this thread into a "damnyankees" [sic] thread as, I fully admitted I did. You said that just to fan the flames in order to join your comrades.

Btw, this thread has been hashed out, but you just regenerated it.

That would be  " who *are*  ignorant of  their  history", not "who*is* ignorant of their history."

Hey, if you are going to join in to stir the pot, at least have the sack to admit that instead of trying to backpedal your way out of it. It only makes you look foolish.

Barack Obama

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2008, 07:30:14 PM »
Based on Barack's thinking, he must be a self-hater.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du