Author Topic: That didn't last long...  (Read 11876 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
That didn't last long...
« on: November 27, 2012, 08:03:22 PM »
I bought an 8-gallon 1.5 hp Husky (made in :censored: China) air compressor from Home Despot the other day.  After the initial break in, I fit my NPT connector and air hose to it and notice it's blowing air around the quick-connect fitting connected to the tank.

The damn threads around the quick-connect coupler are cracked.  Now I have to take the f'n thing back to the store to have it replaced.  My Toyota still has a flat tire.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
Re: That didn't last long...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 09:27:40 AM »
I bought a high pressure washer to clean the deck. First thing I had to do was replace the hose connecting to the house water supply. The connection to the washer was plastic! It leaked. I replaced it with an ordinary washing machine hose.

I'm waiting for the next failure...........
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 09:44:17 AM »
No blow job for Chris  :(

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 10:58:22 AM »
No blow job for Chris  :(

or inflatables.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 11:08:24 AM »
Well he has his cat  :popcorn:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 04:36:15 PM »
Chris, if you haven't replaced it with the same chinese compressor.  Take a look at some compressor explosion pictures.  Even if it's just a small compressor, some things are worth spending a bit more on. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 04:37:30 PM »
I haven't had time to mess with it yet.  I think I'm just going to take it back for a refund or exchange it for a six-gallon Porter Cable (US-made).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.