Author Topic: Obama Speech  (Read 7828 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Obama Speech
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 10:50:47 AM »

could pointing out his white granny so prominently in his speech yesterday have something to do with the fact that he is getting slaughtered at the polls among women and older voters?

just a thought.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 10:55:05 AM »

could pointing out his white granny so prominently in his speech yesterday have something to do with the fact that he is getting slaughtered at the polls among women and older voters?

just a thought.

Nah!!! :-)

I keep waiting for Barackstar! And Hillary to realize that together they are the perfect storm: A white male. :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008, 10:58:29 AM »

just a thought.

I keep waiting for Barackstar! And Hillary to realize that together they are the perfect storm: A white male. :-)

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2008, 10:58:52 AM »

just a thought.

They could form like Voltron. :hyper:
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2008, 10:59:25 AM »
^and they can argue over which one is white and which one is the male. See? It's perfect!

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 11:04:07 AM »
^and they can argue over which one is white and which one is the male. See? It's perfect!

her cajones are bigger. 

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2008, 11:09:54 AM »
^then problem solved!!!! She must have verified this because she said he could be the VP already. :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2008, 11:14:25 AM »
^then problem solved!!!! She must have verified this because she said he could be the VP already. :-)

she has also been with more white chicks.  black chicks, too, probably.  whatever the case, I am sure her dance card is more impressive.

he can go to the less important funerals;  he already has his preacher style speech delivery down pat (hmmm.  although it was notably absent yesterday, now that I think about it).

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2008, 11:15:48 AM »

she has also been with more white chicks.  black chicks, too, probably.  whatever the case, I am sure her dance card is more impressive.

he can go to the less important funerals;  he already has his preacher style speech delivery down pat (hmmm.  although it was notably absent yesterday, now that I think about it).

That was his distancing myself from crazy negro preacher voice. :-)
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2008, 11:23:41 AM »

That was his distancing myself from crazy negro preacher voice. :-)

it would have invited some uncomfortable comparisons, I suppose.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2008, 11:25:29 AM »
I am horrified at th e amount of racism that is going on in this thread.

Had you said that and referred to Osama's speech, it would have made sense.  Otherwise, libs are never in a postion to judge racism since you are the worst offenders yet refuse to admit it.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 11:29:53 AM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2008, 11:32:52 AM »
I am horrified at th e amount of racism that is going on in this thread.

Had you said that and referred to Osama's speech, it would have made sense.  Otherwise, libs are never in a postion to judge racism since you are the worst offenders yet refuse to admit it.

They are not racist.  Just look what they do for the black race.  They make sure that they have a nice ghetto to live in, with no motivation to go out and work for anything better, since out tax dollars pay for those projects.  And for the kicker, they even make sure there is a bus to give them a free ride to the polling place to be sure they can continue to vote in the nice dems that keep them living in the toilet of luxury.

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2008, 11:33:34 AM »
......which begs the question, why must there BE "black churches"......

Well, I dunno.

"Black churches" are a legitimate American phenomenon, and need respected as such.

I think the real problem is that Democrats, liberals, and primitives have grasped that the vitality, the energy, of "black churches" can be used by them for malicious ends.

That's where the problem is.

Black churches may be an American phenomenon, but so is "rap culture", and that does not make it a good thing........particularly for the community.

Based on what I'm hearing about what is going on in these churches, I find little to "respect".....All are free in this country to worship as they wish, but "respect" is earned, not granted automatically because of the skin color of the participants.  I have no problems with Scientologists, but I can't respect them as a "faith".

My Christian upbringing led me to the conclusion that the church was a place to find God, spiritual peace and a common bond with fellow Christians......not a place for divisive racial rantings, lies, and anti-American political discussions.  In my 60 years of attending various protestant congregations around the country and the world, I have NEVER heard comments like this from a pastor, and if I did, I would get up in the middle of the service and walk out!  However, I have never attended a "black church".

The fact that this occurs in the "black community" is further evidence to me that african-Americans seem to have a subliminal desire to continue to be segregated from the community at large, by their own actions and attitudes.  Philosophically, I have no problem with this attitude, but if, as a group, that is their motive, then quit bitching and whining about the fact that the population at large fails to be "inclusive", and embrace them as "equals".

Example:  The Amish and Mennonite communities in America choose to isolate themselves from the community at large for reasons of their faith.  I certainly respect that......however, you never hear the Amish complaining that they are "segregated", and you never hear a great Amish outcry for "affirmitive action", or "subsidized housing", or "free healthcare"........they go about their business attending to their lives and families, according to their faith.

I certainly agree that liberal politicians pander to the enthusiasm of the black church, but the fact remains that it is there to begin with as an institution for them to hijack.

doc
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 11:47:42 AM by TVDOC »

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2008, 11:42:03 AM »
Quote from: TVDOC
The fact that this occurs in the "black community" is further evidence to me that african-Americans seem to have a subliminal desire to continue to be segregated from the community at large, by their own actions and attitudes.  Philosophically, I have no problem with this attitude, but if, as a group, that is their motive, then quit bitching and whining about the fact that the population at large fails to be "inclusive", and embrace them as "equals".

This Wright fellow was apparently buddy-buddies with Calypso Louie, and the Nation of Islam' platform was built on segregating themselves from the white devil's.  So it stands to follow, given what Wright said, that he's on board with it, too.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2008, 12:02:13 PM »

This Wright fellow was apparently buddy-buddies with Calypso Louie, and the Nation of Islam' platform was built on segregating themselves from the white devil's.  So it stands to follow, given what Wright said, that he's on board with it, too.

And that is perfectly OK with me, but they need to shut the hell up about being "segregated and oppressed".......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2008, 12:44:37 PM »
well said Doc.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2008, 01:02:14 PM »

there is another hypocritical element to all of this.  the media made a big deal out of romney's mormonism simply because it was mormonism.  you got the impression that they wanted to be critical because it was any kind of christianity* at all, and they will use any excuse they can to make christians seem lilke nutcases.  The BarackStar! seems to be getting a pass on that one, too.

*leaving aside for the moment that people may or may not agree that mormonism is a form of christianity.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2008, 01:10:47 PM »
The Black Informant has an outstanding post about this: http://blackinformant.com/2008/03/17/when-the-crazy-uncle-shows-up/#comment-235444
an excerpt:
A while back when Obama characterized his pastor (Rev. Jerehmiah Wright) as his “crazy Uncle”, to me the description did not fit for several reasons:

#Nobody would let their crazy uncle marry them
#Nobody would give roughly $200k to their crazy uncle–unless they themselves were crazy
#Nobody would pull from the inspiration from their crazy uncle for a title of a book unless it was comedic in nature
#and lastly, nobody would spend 20 years under the spiritual tutelage of their crazy uncle.

When some of this stuff came out earlier in the presidential race, this is what when through my mind, but I left it alone because like at that time, to me this was a non-issue. And in many ways it still is.

I have oftentimes thought that members of the clergy can hardly be considered true representatives of either political party (or should they). Yet anytime a member of the clergy who supports the Republican party says or does something controversial, MSM as well as many liberal Democrats are quick to play the association game.

Bush’s Pat Robertson Problem
At Bob Jones U., A Disturbing Lesson About The Real George W.
Here, MSNBC ran to get Dr. James Dobson’s reaction to the Iowa caucuses: James Dobson’s Reaction to Last Night
John Hagee
Loathed by liberals, Falwell was force among right-wing

But now in Rev. Jeremiah Wright’s case, all of a sudden the same association game that has been played regularly by liberal Democrats is now defined as an attack.
Read the comments, they are about par for the course, when the course is plagued by moonbats...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2008, 05:44:28 PM »

interesting story before the speech . . . .

Audience hand-picked for Obama's war speech

Sen. Barack Obama will deliver an anti-war speech this morning in the backyard of Fort Bragg, with a small, hand-picked audience of military families, veterans and Democratic faithful.

Obama, who has opposed the war in Iraq since it began, will discuss how the war must end for the United States to meet “national security challenges of the 21st century, and to advance American interests throughout the world,” according to a news release.

About 150 people — including some supporters and local elected officials — were invited to the 10:15 a.m. speech at the Tony Rand Student Center, on the campus of Fayetteville Technical Community College.

More

Offline Chris_

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2008, 05:51:43 PM »
OK, now this was funny:
#10  Seventhsonspeaks  Says:
March 19th, 2008 at 10:11 am

I’m kind of curious as to why you all have so readily dismissed Dr. Wright as a cook. What he said was inappropriate and hurtful, indeed. Too bad all of it is true.
# # 11 Big Don Says:
March 19th, 2008 at 11:06 am

Seventhsonspeaks, no one has called him a cook, or called his gastronomic skills into question. You look like a fool for being an illiterate, knee jerk, racist ass.
There are jerks of every race, religion, color, creed, nationality, ethnicity etc. It is IMPOSSIBLE to tell what a bad guy looks like and anyone who attempts to is an idiot. Anyone who encourages others to see a particular group as bad, like Wright, is worse than an idiot, he is an ass.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2008, 05:59:31 PM »
OK, now this was funny:
#10  Seventhsonspeaks  Says:
March 19th, 2008 at 10:11 am

I’m kind of curious as to why you all have so readily dismissed Dr. Wright as a cook. What he said was inappropriate and hurtful, indeed. Too bad all of it is true.
# # 11 Big Don Says:
March 19th, 2008 at 11:06 am

Seventhsonspeaks, no one has called him a cook, or called his gastronomic skills into question. You look like a fool for being an illiterate, knee jerk, racist ass.
There are jerks of every race, religion, color, creed, nationality, ethnicity etc. It is IMPOSSIBLE to tell what a bad guy looks like and anyone who attempts to is an idiot. Anyone who encourages others to see a particular group as bad, like Wright, is worse than an idiot, he is an ass.
I thought ya'll would like that...

Offline Sammyboy

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2008, 09:58:22 AM »
I am horrified at th e amount of racism that is going on in this thread.  And you wonder why the largest percentage of blacks won't vote for conservatives.  I am absolutely speechless.  :(

Stating the truth is NOT racism. That is the same race card the illegal alien supporters play. Despite what you libtards believe, we have a candidate whose only qualification is his color. If hussein was white we wouldn't even be dog catcher, much less candidate for President.  If you don't believe me, study his history.
He is white.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2008, 10:13:00 AM »
I am horrified at th e amount of racism that is going on in this thread.  And you wonder why the largest percentage of blacks won't vote for conservatives.  I am absolutely speechless.  :(

Stating the truth is NOT racism. That is the same race card the illegal alien supporters play. Despite what you libtards believe, we have a candidate whose only qualification is his color. If hussein was white we wouldn't even be dog catcher, much less candidate for President.  If you don't believe me, study his history.
He is white.

He is not positioning himself that way.  His black half is still his only qualification.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2008, 10:21:57 AM »

He is white.

Three words are alot for someone who's speechless.

Offline Sammyboy

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2008, 10:29:58 AM »

He is white.

Three words are alot for someone who's speechless.
I was merely commenting about the statement YOU made about him not being white.