Author Topic: Man tries to lure teen and gets mom's fist instead  (Read 1806 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Man tries to lure teen and gets mom's fist instead
« on: August 19, 2011, 06:27:58 PM »
progressoid Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Aug-19-11 10:21 AM
Original message
Man tries to lure teen and gets mom's fist instead

Iowa man tries to lure teen and gets mom's fist instead

(CBS/AP) DES MOINES, Iowa - A Des Moines man who allegedly tried to lure a young girl into an alley, wound up with stitches and a black eye after the girl's mother took matters into her own hands, according to authorities.

Polk County police sources say that Robert C. Harding tried to lure a 13-year-old girl into an alley near where she was playing with friends outside her home. Instead the smart-thinking teenager went to get her mom who confronted Harding, according to CBS affiliate KCCI.

Police say that when the girl's mother, Holly Pullen, confronted Harding he asked how old the girl was and whether he could marry her or would be interested in signing the girl away.

"I got down to the alley and I confronted him. I said, 'Why are you staring at the kids?' and he looks at me and says, 'I want to marry the red head.' I came unglued at that point. I was like 'Dude, she's only 13 and that's my daughter,'" Pullen told the station.

Police said Pullen punched Harding in the face. Then the girl's father and one of his friends chased Harding and fought with him, KCCI reported.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1770742

WhiteTara Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Aug-19-11 10:34 AM
Response to Original message
2. I wonder if she will charged with assault

and battery?

pipi_k Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Donate to DU!    Fri Aug-19-11 10:36 AM
Response to Reply #2
6. Yeah, I wondered that too

She should be, I think.

deaniac21 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Aug-19-11 01:59 PM
Response to Reply #8
69. Hmmmmm, the death penalty for being creepy but not actually

committing a crime.

I'm guessing it was entrapment, right?  :whatever:

pipi_k Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Donate to DU!    Fri Aug-19-11 11:17 AM
Response to Reply #13
20. Did he have a weapon?

Did he threaten to use it?

All that happened is that the mother got pissed off over something the guy said.

The only thing she "defended" someone against were words, and words are NOT justification for assault and battery.

:banghead:

pipi_k Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Donate to DU!    Fri Aug-19-11 01:14 PM
Response to Reply #49
53. What was that woman

"defending" anyone against?

Don't tell me words, OK?

The man didn't, from what the article says, attempt to threaten anyone.

You don't get to beat someone up just because he says something offensive to you.

And you don't get to beat someone up because he tried to entice someone in a public place.

That's why there are police and courts.

sigh...

pipi_k Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Donate to DU!    Fri Aug-19-11 01:41 PM
Response to Reply #60
63. Um, OK...so what it all boils down to

is that if the criminal (child enticer or molester) is viewed as being creepy enough, all rules of law are suspended.

That's nice to know, really.

It means that when cops arrest someone suspected of any particular crime, it's perfectly OK for them to make sure he "accidentally" falls down a flight of stairs. Twice. While handcuffed.

And the prosecutors know they'll never get a conviction, so....

I'm really hoping that once this case gets going, the girls end up recanting a lot of what they claim.

It doesn't matter what he's charged with as much as what he's convicted of.

For the sake of those girls and the guy, I do hope this turns out to be nothing more than a bit of teenaged drama blown out of proportion despite what the man said to the mom about wanting to marry her daughter. I would love to see him pronounced not guilty and see the mom's ass dragged into court for assault and battery.

What a piece of work this new to me primitive is.
She (I'm assuming she's a she), is so wacked out the rest of the DUmmies are arguing against her.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
Re: Man tries to lure teen and gets mom's fist instead
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 06:54:59 PM »
If the man was watching MY little girl, and stating he wanted to "marry her", there wouldn't be enough left of him to bury.

Period!

End of story. 
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 07:05:11 PM »
She (I'm assuming she's a she), is so wacked out the rest of the DUmmies are arguing against her.

Mole. 

DUmbass pee pee is hitting them with every single whacko libtard talking point that it might as well be mocking all of them.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 07:06:39 PM »
If the man was watching MY little girl, and stating he wanted to "marry her", there wouldn't be enough left of him to bury.

Period!

End of story. 

Amen.

That would not have involved an ass-beating, it would have been more like a neck-breaking.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 07:26:57 PM »
Another mole trap, if you come down on the side of the parent protecting his/her child against an obviously sick, twisted individual then it's pizza time.

The only purpose a child has to a liberal is to be a hostage to the teachers union. Otherwise they are an extravagant carbon footprint.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 07:29:56 PM »
Who is the pipi_longstockings DUmmie? I've never seen her before, but she seems to be a perfect example of everything good and decent people despise about DUmmies and their ilk.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 11:25:06 PM »
The guy states he wants to marry a 13 year old girl or ask if the parent would sign her over to him?  The damage done to his ass would be epic after I got ahold of him.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 11:34:03 PM »
You don't get to beat someone up just because he says something offensive to you.

I know.  Otherwise you would of had your ass kicked about a million times.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 01:07:53 AM »
When I first saw this thread title, I thought Ben Burch had returned to the DUmp.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 03:05:31 AM »
When I first saw this thread title, I thought Ben Burch had returned to the DUmp.

No, he would be watching your SON, not your daughter, but the comments would be the same.   :lmao:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 05:58:46 AM »
I'm surprised that no one here caught this one . . .

"I got down to the alley and I confronted him. I said, 'Why are you staring at the kids?' and he looks at me and says, 'I want to marry the red head.' I came unglued at that point. I was like 'Dude, she's only 13 and that's my daughter,'" Pullen told the station.

Did the mom think she was talking to Stinky the Clown?

And, if someone tried to do this to my daughter, . . . well, I'd start the proceedings with a crippling "traumatic lead injection."  Then, . . . and I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be a jury anywhere in my county that would convict me.

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 08:56:23 AM »
It used to be in the days of long ago that you would never think of saying anything like that to someone. People seemed to be alot more civil and no thanks to the Dummies you now have to hear all kinds of vile crap yelled at you or your kids and there is nothing you can do about it. It used to be that a person wouldn't say a word that would possibl invoke the other persons wrath because it was good manners and if they did they were willing to pay the consequence of that action   like getting thier asses kicked. maybe we should go back to those times.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Paul Heinzman

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 09:00:18 AM »

Period!

End of story. 

You got that right. Arguing that this mom should be charged with assault is out there even by DUmmie standards; she should be awarded the key to the city.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 09:39:34 AM »
You got that right. Arguing that this mom should be charged with assault is out there even by DUmmie standards; she should be awarded the key to the city.

What ever happend to the courts upholding the words to provoke some one to violence ???

Words are now and are used to incarcerate anyone using HATE words.   

Some stranger comes up to me and points at my child and says" damn lady that is an ugly kid"

Strange man comes up to you in a bar and tells you your wife is a Whore.

Some one cuts in line ahead of me and I object and they get right nasty, **** off fatso, go home and lay off the french fries.

Yes fighting words used to harm someone.   Who says these people should be free to sprout their anger or obscenity at someone and not expect to get a round house punch to the nose ???

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2011, 01:42:15 PM »
Someone bought one of those stupid stickies at the top of the page and put this guys pic on it.  :whatever:

7th from the left.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline RWKindaGuy

• Hiding in the hinterlands as a professional
  • One giant rightward step for mankind
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011, 05:34:18 PM »
What ever happend to the courts upholding the words to provoke some one to violence ???

Words are now and are used to incarcerate anyone using HATE words.   

Some stranger comes up to me and points at my child and says" damn lady that is an ugly kid"

Strange man comes up to you in a bar and tells you your wife is a Whore.

Some one cuts in line ahead of me and I object and they get right nasty, **** off fatso, go home and lay off the french fries.

Yes fighting words used to harm someone.   Who says these people should be free to sprout their anger or obscenity at someone and not expect to get a round house punch to the nose ???

(3) Without provocation, uses to or of another person in such other person´s presence, opprobrious or abusive words which by their very utterance tend to incite to an immediate breach of the peace, that is to say, words which as a matter of common knowledge and under ordinary circumstances will, when used to or of another person in such other person´s presence, naturally tend to provoke violent resentment, that is, words commonly called 'fighting words';

http://law.onecle.com/georgia/16/16-11-39.html

I don't know about that jurisdiction, but in Georgia we have it covered.  Prepare to have your ass kicked, asshole.

Offline Kimberly

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2011, 05:41:34 PM »
Mole. 

DUmbass pee pee is hitting them with every single whacko libtard talking point that it might as well be mocking all of them.

Making the DUmp look stupider than usual earns you extra mole points!

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2011, 06:44:26 PM »
WhiteTara Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-19-11 10:34 AM
Response to Original message
2. I wonder if she will charged with assault

and battery?

pipi_k Donating Member (1000+ posts)Fri Aug-19-11 10:36 AM
Response to Reply #2
6. Yeah, I wondered that too

She should be, I think.

Are you ****ing insane?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2011, 06:46:08 PM »
BTW, you lurking DUMBASSES!, when seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.

****ing idiots.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2011, 08:29:33 PM »
Hey dummies? Let me 'splain it to you Lucy. The perp is a pervert. No prosecutor, even in San Fran or NYC, is gonna even think about taking this to trial.

Something like that happens around me, said perp's life expectancy is zero and I'll let the chips fall where they may.

You people at the dump disgust me. FOAD.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2011, 09:35:52 PM »
I don't think I've ever been more disgusted and that says A LOT!

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2011, 07:44:57 PM »
No, he would be watching your SON, not your daughter, but the comments would be the same.   :lmao:
From what I recall, Ben claimed to swing all three ways.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2011, 09:51:56 PM »
pipi_k Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Donate to DU!    Fri Aug-19-11 01:14 PM
Response to Reply #49
53. What was that woman

"defending" anyone against?

Don't tell me words, OK?

The man didn't, from what the article says, attempt to threaten anyone.

And you don't get to beat someone up because he tried to entice someone in a public place.

That's why there are police and courts.

sigh...

Umm DUmbshit??  Ever hear of 'Castle Doctrine'?

At least how it works around here is that all the prospective dead perp has to do is be in my house/on my property and threaten "to kill or do serious bodily harm" to myself or someone else on the premises, and bada bing, bada boom I've got full justification to remove the "prospective" from his "dead perp" status .  He doesn't have to be in possession of a weapon, I don't have to have seen a weapon on his person, he could even be walking away, and I am fully justified under the law - as confirmed by the state Supreme Court - in assuming he's going for a weapon to make good his threat, and shoot him in the back.

That's what "just words" can get you.  (And don't even get me started on what exactly, "just words", will getcha if someone were to make inquiries like the OP's article of Barry Soetoro's daughters.)
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2011, 06:12:21 AM »
"Why did you put 16 rounds into him Mrs. Aprilrazz?"
"Because I didn't have 17 and he tried to rape my 13 year old daughter officer"
"Carry on then, and nice grouping" :-)
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Erasmus

• Holla ifju thank im seeeeexy!
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2011, 07:55:56 AM »
I'd ask what the #%$! is wrong with the folks at DU, but I know the answer (sounding like a broken record now I'm sure).  They have absolutely NO morals.  The creep in the article should be charged with the crime.  He's the type of individual that kidnaps, rapes, and kills little kids.  If he's caught, some scumbag liberal board of parole grants him probation and releases him into the wild, to do so again.  Liberals never think about the victims in these tragedies, because their idea of "free" is to be free to commit immoral perverse acts.  The criminals are lowlife scum, as are the DU folks that sided with the creep.