Author Topic: I just read in our local paper that we (California)  (Read 439 times)

Offline CC27

I just read in our local paper that we (California)
« on: July 01, 2022, 01:33:50 PM »
Fri Jul 1, 2022, 02:24 PM
Star Member demosincebirth (12,278 posts)

have a 95 billlon dollar surplus. Good Democrat government. I see many projects all over the state fixing roads and other state construction

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216876946

How much of that so called surplus is from the fed??  :whatever:

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: I just read in our local paper that we (California)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 01:41:27 PM »
A state that has been running a billion + budget deficit every year for the last 30 years all of a sudden has a $95 billion surplus?

:confused:

Either the Commiefornia department of treasury is cooking the books more blatantly than usual these days, or the latest crop of drooling imbeciles just graduated from the UC journalism schools are even more hobbled by Common Core math than previous crops of j-school morons.

Or both, of course...  :whatever: :popcorn: :stoner:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 02:04:49 PM »
Serious question: What about California's 'good democratic party governance' gave them this surplus?

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 02:26:26 PM »
roads and infrastructure? When has California EVER spent money wisely?

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022, 02:59:57 PM »
Of course there's that hundreds of billions of dollars in unfunded pensions for state employees that needs addressed; it might be a trillion dollars by now.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2022, 03:17:11 PM »
Serious question: What about California's 'good democratic party governance' gave them this surplus?

The federal government funding to help out during the peak of the Chinese Wuhan Red Death funding, which gave states enough cash to continue operating. And as I see Frank mentioned, even Illinois and other leftist states are suffering from deficit problems, due to "stealing" from their state pension funds.

Not that I would expect a DUmmy or any lib-turd to understand this. They're all ****ing economic dolts, and couldn't recognize a statement of cash flows, a balance sheet nor an income statement. Economic concepts are as foreign to them as actually seeing their nether regions.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022, 03:18:37 PM »
The several state-run pension funds are probably under-funded by double or triple that amount, but pension funds are a different set of books ... or will be until one or more becomes insolvent. This is an open secret to CA'ians who have paid at least minimal attention to several decades of Sacramento's budgetary shenanigans.

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2022, 05:11:23 PM »

have a 95 billlon dollar surplus. Good Democrat government. I see many projects all over the state fixing roads and other state construction

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216876946

Find a source other than Reporting San Diego.  ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2022, 05:13:12 PM »
The several state-run pension funds are probably under-funded by double or triple that amount, but pension funds are a different set of books ... or will be until one or more becomes insolvent. This is an open secret to CA'ians who have paid at least minimal attention to several decades of Sacramento's budgetary shenanigans.

Ha! Ha! Ha!    :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Great find Pete!    :hi5:
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2022, 06:27:42 PM »
How much of that so called surplus is from the fed??  :whatever:

Mercy! Such rubbish, Idiotsincebirth ...

"California Dreaming"  :-)  at it's best, you fool!!!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 06:30:15 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2022, 07:07:56 PM »
Ha! Ha! Ha!    :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Great find Pete!    :hi5:

I figured that the Internet seems to have a picture or graphic for everything, so I DDGed "cooking the books" and chose what I liked from the Images tab. :-)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline jukin

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2022, 08:15:47 PM »
I live in Kalifornia. There is no $95 billion surplus. Even the democranazis are only ling that it is $72 billion. and $47 Billion was from the feds in the covid inflation causing bill. It is all lie if you look at the roads/highways. the welfare/poor class. the homeless. All a big fat lie.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2022, 10:08:27 AM »
I live in Kalifornia. ... It is all lie if you look at the roads/highways. ...

This is an example of cooked books. CA state gooberment for decades (since at least the 1970s Meanbeam 1.0 maladministration) has been diverting gas tax and registration fee $$ from the highway building and maintenance it's supposed to fund to "mass transportation" and other money-pit boondoggles. It's been a while since I've driven much outside the SF Bay Area (a couple trips to the Sacramento area and one to Fresno were about it in the past 10 years), but in 2007 our family drove to a nephew's and niece's university graduations in KS. We used I-80 to drive into Nevada, and the difference in the condition of the pavement at the state border was dramatic: CA side chewed to Hades by studded snow tires; NV side smooth and well maintained. The SR17-I880 freeway on which I commute is recently repaved, but had been in very poor condition for 5 or 10 years before that.