Author Topic: RWers are viscously attacking Nathan Phillips.  (Read 1405 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
RWers are viscously attacking Nathan Phillips.
« on: January 23, 2019, 10:38:53 PM »
liberalnarb (4,264 posts)
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100211717955

Ripping into his military record, attacking him for appearing in a musical video(??) They claim he went AWOL while serving. I've been digging trying to discern the truth from RW horseshit. Is all the smearing of Mr. Phillip's military background just right wing drivel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIXIzvyAlLA

Retired Navy SEAL Don Shipley pulls the Military Records of Nathan Phillips AKA Nathan Stanard, Native American Drummer Dude. He was NOT a Vietnam Vet.

Star Member 2naSalit (24,920 posts)

1. Of course they are...

it's what they do. It's a "swift-boating" from the looks of it.

Yeah... pulling his records and stating the truth about this guy... 'swift-boating' in the same way John F. Kerry is a Vietnam Hero...

:mental:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

Re: RWers are viscously attacking Nathan Phillips.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 04:08:54 AM »
Exposing him as a fraud is not "Viscously" attacking him, DUmmies.
It might not be convenient for the BS narrative you're trying to establish about his run in with the Covington boys, but it's the truth.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 05:47:31 AM »
They absolutely refuse to accept reality.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 07:34:56 AM »
They absolutely refuse to accept reality.

If they did they would see just what sorry assed losers they are. Hate filled, ignorant, intolerant losers. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 08:59:18 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIXIzvyAlLA

Retired Navy SEAL Don Shipley pulls the Military Records of Nathan Phillips AKA Nathan Stanard, Native American Drummer Dude. He was NOT a Vietnam Vet.

Yeah... pulling his records and stating the truth about this guy... 'swift-boating' in the same way John F. Kerry is a Vietnam Hero...

:mental:
Someone on twitter was riffing on him claiming to have been a "recon ranger" by refering to him as a "freon ranger".  :rofl:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 11:23:51 AM »

Ripping into his military record, attacking him for appearing in a musical video(??) They claim he went AWOL while serving.

Star Member 2naSalit (24,920 posts)

1. Of course they are...

it's what they do. It's a "swift-boating" from the looks of it.

Call it "swift-boating" or call it a ham sandwich, but Philips has been using his supposed military record to establish credibility and preempt challenges. Well his lies and slander caused the truth to be exposed. When the truth hurts your narratives and heroes, the problem is not with the truth.

And as Mb-TS mocked, just because spill chukar provides a correctly spelled word doesn't mean that the word it provided was the one intended.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 11:26:36 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 07:50:44 PM »
So there I was a the spear tip of the 101st Freon Rangers.  We came across a Cong village with two broken fridges.  It was horrible. There was old food and the freezer was all frosted. It. Was. All. Frosted. man.  Me and my spotter went in.  We unplugged the old box and started it to defrost. That was whn we started taking fire.  If my spotter hadn't been there.. I don't know, I just don't know if I would have made it.

I got grazed by an ice cube and the cold was like nothing I have ever experienced. SO we used the fridge for cover and called into Sears for a new door latch.  It was hours before we got the air support and the latch dropped.  It was a nightmare a total nightmare. It was late the next morning when we finally got the latch replaced and the freezer defrosted.  It still haunts me in the middle of the night.

You know they say that your first repair jobe you will always remember nad they are right.  My spotter was never the same. He had a ten thousand stare and decades later finally retired from Frigidaire.  He was never the same.  So yeah, my Vietnam times were pretty wretched and I can't believe what we went through just to save a few hundred refrigerators and a dozen AC units. 

War is hell.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 07:53:09 PM »
So there I was a the spear tip of the 101st Freon Rangers.  We came across a Cong village with two broken fridges.  It was horrible. There was old food and the freezer was all frosted. It. Was. All. Frosted. man.  Me and my spotter went in.  We unplugged the old box and started it to defrost. That was whn we started taking fire.  If my spotter hadn't been there.. I don't know, I just don't know if I would have made it.

I got grazed by an ice cube and the cold was like nothing I have ever experienced. SO we used the fridge for cover and called into Sears for a new door latch.  It was hours before we got the air support and the latch dropped.  It was a nightmare a total nightmare. It was late the next morning when we finally got the latch replaced and the freezer defrosted.  It still haunts me in the middle of the night.

You know they say that your first repair jobe you will always remember nad they are right.  My spotter was never the same. He had a ten thousand stare and decades later finally retired from Frigidaire.  He was never the same.  So yeah, my Vietnam times were pretty wretched and I can't believe what we went through just to save a few hundred refrigerators and a dozen AC units. 

War is hell.

You are SO viscous!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 12:41:12 PM »

War is hell.

HAHAHA Hi5

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2019, 06:16:14 PM »
Liberals like liars. Just look at them voting for Obama and Hillary, both serial liars.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2019, 02:28:30 AM »
Fer crýin' outloud, Jukin. :lmao::lmao::rotf::lmao::lmao::lmao::cheersmate::rotf::lmao::lmao::lmao::rotf:             

^ :hi5:

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2019, 11:14:37 AM »

War is hell.

You forgot to add this harrowing experience earned him a promotion to private, an E-1 :-) :-) :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :loser:

And for his service his tribe made him an elder, big chief fullabull. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 11:18:50 AM by Old n Grumpy »
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2019, 08:02:08 PM »

Ripping into his military record, attacking him for appearing in a musical video(??) They claim he went AWOL while serving. I've been digging trying to discern the truth from RW horseshit. Is all the smearing of Mr. Phillip's military background just right wing drivel?

Really dummie?  How about reading this article exposing the truth in the Atlantic? The author grew up in the conservative bastion of Berkeley CA. Wrote articles for the conservative NY Times.  Make sure you read the last two paragraphs dummies.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/01/media-must-learn-covington-catholic-story/581035/

She pretty much exposes the MSM bias and takes them to task over their story... and she is one of them.  And the bosses at the MSM news orgs wonder why they are losing revenue.

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline MontyPython

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2019, 08:11:58 PM »
Someone on twitter was riffing on him claiming to have been a "recon ranger" by refering to him as a "freon ranger".  :rofl:

I also read "FrigidaireBorne" somewhere.

:lmao:

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2019, 09:37:17 AM »
Really dummie?  How about reading this article exposing the truth in the Atlantic? The author grew up in the conservative bastion of Berkeley CA. Wrote articles for the conservative NY Times.  Make sure you read the last two paragraphs dummies.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/01/media-must-learn-covington-catholic-story/581035/

She pretty much exposes the MSM bias and takes them to task over their story... and she is one of them.  And the bosses at the MSM news orgs wonder why they are losing revenue.

Pretty much, it's an admission against interest, as The Atlantic is reliably Lib/Prog, and as one can tell from the writer's tone, she's along the same lines, but has some honesty. Her conclusion is worth reading:

How could the elite media—The New York Times, let’s say—have protected themselves from this event, which has served to reinforce millions of Americans’ belief that traditional journalistic outlets are purveyors of “fake news”? They might have hewed to a concept that once went by the quaint term “journalistic ethics.” Among other things, journalistic ethics held that if you didn’t have the reporting to support a story, and if that story had the potential to hurt its subjects, and if those subjects were private citizens, and if they were moreover minors, you didn’t run the story. You kept reporting it; you let yourself get scooped; and you accepted that speed is not the highest value. Otherwise, you were the trash press.

At 8:30 yesterday morning, as I was typing this essay, The New York Times emailed me. The subject line was “Ethics Reminders for Freelance Journalists.” (I have occasionally published essays and reviews in the Times). It informed me, inter alia, that the Times expected all of its journalists, both freelance and staff, “to protect the integrity and credibility of Times journalism.” This meant, in part, safeguarding the Times’ “reputation for fairness and impartiality.”

I am prompted to issue my own ethics reminders for The New York Times. Here they are: You were partly responsible for the election of Trump because you are the most influential newspaper in the country, and you are not fair or impartial. Millions of Americans believe you hate them and that you will casually harm them. Two years ago, they fought back against you, and they won. If Trump wins again, you will once again have played a small but important role in that victory.

My emphasis. I think this fiasco and the ongoing shitstorm proves the sentence I put in red bold italic. The NYT and other MSM outlets violated and trampled basic core journalism ethics and principles because the boys: are Pro-Life; some wore MAGA hats; are Catholic; are mostly white; are from flyover country.

This incident did not merely "reinforce millions of Americans’ belief that traditional journalistic outlets are purveyors of 'fake news'" and the belief that the MSM "hate them and that you will casually harm them". It was the latest and most recent demonstration of those facts. There are no journalism ethics and principles the MSM will not violate and trample to hurt Donald Trump and people who voted for and/or support him.