Author Topic: The inevitable impeachment of Gorsuch  (Read 1412 times)

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
The inevitable impeachment of Gorsuch
« on: April 08, 2017, 10:09:58 AM »
ProudLib72 (1,338 posts)

Just Remember, Gorsuch Can be Impeached in 2018
I wish Schumer would tell the Senate as much.

Boy, now they are talking about this. LOL, not happening DUmmies

:loser:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10028894032

Offline SVPete

Re: The inevitable impeachment of Gorsuch
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 10:22:49 AM »
ProudLib72 (1,338 posts)

Please! Go for it! Let Chuckles announce it to the world now! Don't wait for 2018! And bring Crazy Sheila, Mad Maxine, Baa-Baa Lee, and Kammy's-Not-In-Love in on the press conferences!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 10:24:48 AM »
When I read stuff like that it truly gives me an understanding on their level of disconnect from reality.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 10:30:08 AM »
This little schadenfreude nugget on that thread:
Star Member ecstatic (21,612 posts)
50. It is imperative that we win big in 2018/2020, or it's over for us

And when we do, we need to make sure we use their nuclear option against them. And yes, impeach and replace Gorsuch.

Hey DUmmies!!!

It's over for you.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 10:43:02 AM »

Ummmm.....

Where are articles of impeachment filed, exactly?

Oops!

That's a hard dick to swallow, DUmbass, but I'm sure you can do it.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 11:17:36 AM »
Star Member ecstatic (21,612 posts)
50. It is imperative that we win big in 2018/2020, or it's over for us

And when we do, we need to make sure we use Harry Reid's nuclear option against them again. And yes, impeach and replace Gorsuch.

Edited to inject accuracy and truth.

(And consume lots of "bold" and "itallic" tags, :-) )
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 12:03:14 PM »
First you have to start winning elections. Democrats are down 1,200 legislative seats nationwide. The people have soundly rejected the democrats. Maybe a platform of hate and punishment is not a winning strategy. maybe, just maybe the people might need a reason to vote FOR democrats and not against Trump.

maybe the American people want a news media that does not spew Democrat propaganda 24/7.
maybe the people want a candidate that doesn't make false promises and once elected acts against everything he/she just said.

Maybe impeaching Gorsuch is not so much the issue, as having issues in the first place and not feel-good slogans.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 12:21:32 PM »
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Undies

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 03:37:59 PM »
Remember back in December 2004, when the DUmbasses thought the quick impeachment of President Bush would mean that John Kerry would be installed as president?  I still laugh about that one.  In their liquefied brains, if you can cancel/kill the winner, the loser becomes the winner.  Laughing still.

The DUmbasses and a whole lot of other liberal types just cannot accept that the democrat party is not the natural state of things and the automatic default in all cases regarding politics in this nation any longer.  It is over for them.  Even "immigrants refugees" will not save the democrat party.  Nobody wants their crap anymore.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 04:13:30 PM »
Ummmm.....

Where are articles of impeachment filed, exactly?

Oops!

That's a hard dick to swallow, DUmbass, but I'm sure you can do it.

Thats a problem the (D)Ummies have little experience with, on either end.

:-)

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 06:49:52 PM »
ProudLib72 (1,338 posts)

Really dummie?  The man has to commit some crime first and "stealing the seat" does not fit that definition. :thatsright: 

But just for shits and giggles let us assume that he does get impeached by a dem  controlled house.  Then 75 senators have to convict.  That is in the constitution so no changing the rules either.  Edited to add: 2/3rds is 66 senators, not 75.  :thatsright:

Just for you general fund of knowledge.... here is a pretty concise overview of the process:

The process of what is colloquially known as impeachment contains two steps. The first step, the one that is technically the impeachment, is taken by the House of Representatives. By a simple majority, the House can vote to impeach a federal official. This process is akin to an indictment in an ordinary criminal proceeding. Then, once the official is impeached, the Senate holds a trial to determine if the official should be convicted, in which case the official is removed from office. The Senate, however, needs a two-thirds majority to convict. 

Sorry dummie... it will not happen.  Embrace the suck.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2017, 10:58:52 PM »
Really dummie?  The man has to commit some crime first and "stealing the seat" does not fit that definition. :thatsright: 

But just for shits and giggles let us assume that he does get impeached by a dem  controlled house.  Then 75 senators have to convict.  That is in the constitution so no changing the rules either.  Edited to add: 2/3rds is 66 senators, not 75.  :thatsright:

Just for you general fund of knowledge.... here is a pretty concise overview of the process:

Sorry dummie... it will not happen.  Embrace the suck.
Beat me to it.  DUmmies suck at both reading comprehension and math. 

A total of 32 seats to be voted upon in 2018, 23 of which are Democrats defending the seats that they already hold.  So, they not only have to hold every single seat that they already do (not bloody likely, given that several of them are in states where Trump won), they still have to pick up all nine remaining Republican seats (including the special election in Alabama to replace Jeff Sessions), and if they do that, they will have twelve seats yet to go in order to get to the required 67 votes for impeachment.

So, basically, they have to kill off a dozen Republican Senators and hope that they can manage to get Democrats to replace them if they have any hope of removing Gorsuch for ... the crime of not being a liberal.

Offline FaC

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2017, 05:51:02 AM »
What is good for the goose should be good for the gander. Do we need to start impeaching all of the liberal judges good ol'e Harry rammed thru on the lower courts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2017, 06:08:27 AM »
What is good for the goose should be good for the gander. Do we need to start impeaching all of the liberal judges good ol'e Harry rammed thru on the lower courts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A far more likely outcome of the election, though a single-digit chance is about all we have.  It's still a lot higher than zero.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.