Author Topic: Some House Dems wonder whether Obama wants them to lose  (Read 3650 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Some House Dems wonder whether Obama wants them to lose
« on: February 13, 2010, 09:38:31 AM »
I missed an interesting part of the Politico story on the feuds between Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama, between House and Senate Democrats, and between Capitol Hill and Obama’s team in the White House, but IBD’s Sean Higgins notices that unnamed House Democrats have an interesting theory about Obama’s disconnect from their leadership.  Anonymous Democrats on Capitol Hill speculate that Barack Obama might benefit in 2012 from Republicans taking over the House — and that Obama may already be strategizing to let them do it:

One Democratic official … (said) some Democratic House members actually believe that the White House “wouldn’t mind having a foil, and that foil is a Republican (House) majority — that would serve their political purposes going into 2012.”

These House Democrats say privately that veterans of Bill Clinton’s administration working in Obama’s White House may think having a Republican majority in Congress will help Obama win re-election, as it did Clinton in 1996. House Democrats know that Obama will do whatever it takes to win re-election, whether or not it helps members keep their seats this year.

David Axelrod felt compelled to respond to that by calling it “not based in reality,” rather than ignoring it, which means that the theory must be getting around enough for the White House to feel compelled to squelch it.  Higgins thinks it through: ...

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/02/13/some-house-dems-wonder-whether-obama-wants-them-to-lose/

Interesting theory, of course it could be that Obama is not as intelligent as his supporters would have us believe.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Some House Dems wonder whether Obama wants them to lose
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 09:42:12 AM »
Interesting theory, of course it could be that Obama is not as intelligent as his supporters would have us believe.
:lmao:  You don't say.

Bless his heart.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 11:16:21 AM »
Could be that he wants the long time....long serving Dems to get pushed aside in order to possibly get younger Dems elected who are more of Obama's mindset and more likely to go along with EVERYTHING Obama thinks and believes.

IMHO Reid and Pelosi have gone as far left as either their own beliefs or voting base will let them and that just isn't good enough for Obama.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 06:50:43 PM »
I said it in another thread that Lord Zero wants the GOP to gain seats , so he can blame them for his do-nothing first term, Then he would hope for reelection and a sweeping dem majority to follow.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 05:32:40 AM »
I said it in another thread that Lord Zero wants the GOP to gain seats , so he can blame them for his do-nothing first term, Then he would hope for reelection and a sweeping dem majority to follow.

I am trying to remember what we called it way back when, VIBES I believe.

Well I am getting some contradictory vibes from Obama lately.

He is a great Campaigner, gives a good speech. I believes he really enjoys a challenge when he has a 85% chance to win.

He has,  it is said a terrable temper when he is thwarted, and low tolerance for nay Sayer's.

On the other hand he has been groomed to follow the advice of others all his life.   When he goes off and acts on his own disaster seems to strike.

My Vibes tell me he is a miserable soul at this point.   Nothing has turned out the way he had been led to believe it would. 

Kind of reminds me of some of the limp wrist ed sons of the English Crown that inherited a kingdom, but had all their lives had someone else to tie their shoes.
    No experience in leading a bunch of sheep to the meadow must less command in war time.

Obama looks after a year in office different somehow.  Thinner, has to dye his hair and most likely wear make up to boot.

I am sure he is horrified when he learns the history of these people he appointed as Czar's [  is that not a Russian word for leader.? ]

It would not do to fire them, they have friends that could really foul him up.
Plus there is his Ego that is appealed to on behalf of these incompetents, if he fires them he has to acknowledge that he was himself incompetent when he appointed them.

My vibes tell me he is rethinking his options in life.  I am not sure he wants to spend 6 more years swimming with Sharks.  His HANDLERS give him just about enough leash so he will feel he is in charge.

I think he lives on the edge ever day waiting for something to turn up about his childhood, education or has even actually passed the bar exam. It is not unknown for someone with money to hire a look alike to take tests for them.

I worry that all the pressure he is under his health and reasoning will snap. He may awaken one day to find he is a false prophet, a puppet, a tool of others.

From the Clinton era we learn just what kind of real power a President has at hand.   When the president of the United States cannot get his mistress a job in Civil Service, and a cab driver has a cousin that got his sister into  a desk job working for the government, that is sad.

I think we are going to watch as Obama has some kind of a melt down in the next year. Seriously Folks, You and I have more power to direct our lives and make our own decisions then Obama has.

Sort of like turning all your personal and private business over to your Mother in Law, one cannot make a personal decision with out her OK and you know deep in your heart that she is only making decisions that will benefit her child and grand kids.   

I for one cannot imagine living a life where someone out there goes to extremes to observe the color of my bowel movement.

A manakin sitting on the lap of his party and friends who can throw their voice into his mouth. I would love to see Manikin's come on the market that look like Obama, what fun people could have with them.

I am reminded of Mary Hartmen and the charactor that had a manakin that he dressed in clothing to match his.   I think the mannikin's name was BOB, would come out with the most outlandish remarks and the manakin would be slapped or punched but not the manipulator, the man putting the words in his mouth.

I keep hearing the refrain of  " Poor Obama, I feel sorry for him", from both the right and left. The independents are so confused at this point they are running for the Conservated side for safety.

I have seen that photo of Obama standing head raised high, light spilling down on him as if God himself blessed him.   Some how that picture is a bit obscene to me, creepy, and brings to first thought all the Imperial dictators of history. 

Not one bit of humility, not a bit of connection to the human race. Above us mortals, smarter and stronger.     Even the Gods of ancient history or myth were never depicted in this way-------Only Jesus -----and he earned the right to do so.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 05:46:31 AM »
Being President is so hard.... wwaaaahhh

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 09:07:59 AM »
I don't think Obama wants them to lose - however - if the choice is between lowly congress critters and His Oneness, it's obvious who is going to end up under the BOTUS (bus of the United States)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 03:17:01 PM »
I think the explnation is simpler.  As you can see by watching the bloviations of Dem 'Strategists' on any weekend political show, they have spinners out in force interpreting all the bad news with nuances to show how it really means the public wants them to farther left if anything.  In reality these people are spin doctors and PR pukes, and know nothing of a cohesive strategy (They are, in military parlance, merely tactical gambits themselves, tools in a PR strategy, but not strategists).  However, the Democrats have deluded themselves into believing their own bullshit.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.