Author Topic: I checked my voice mail messages today  (Read 1145 times)

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
I checked my voice mail messages today
« on: January 18, 2010, 12:03:47 PM »
I took the time to check my voicemail messages today - all of them asking for our vote for Brown - one of the calls may or may not have been live, as it addressed the wife by name - It was also from one of Brown's daughters. (I say may not have been because the call could have been assembled via computer from a bunch of recorded bits)  

And not one Coakley robocall - which is interesting.

Though both the missus and I are reliable likely voters, the wife is registered as Independent -- exactly the group Coakley needs to court if she plans to win. We also live in an urban environment, in a large city, and we belong to unions. Looking at the demographics, the missus is EXACTLY who the Coakley people should be calling - yet they aren't. From this I can come to a couple of conclusions.

The Coakley GOTV  phone bank is not as large as advertised, and they just haven't gotten around to it yet.

The phone bank workers are calling Democrats, and it is creating a scenario in which the callers now have personal tales of massive Coakley support to leak out to the public. - to energize the base.

The Coakley campaign is hemorrhaging so badly they are losing a good chunk of Democrat likely voters and are now trying to shore up their base.

Offline Oceander

Re: I checked my voice mail messages today
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 12:22:50 PM »
Perhaps that's because Patrick Kennedy got them all confused, and now they can't tell if they're supposed to be calling for Martha Coakley or Marcia Coakley!