Author Topic: Massachusetts: Bottom has fallen out of Coakley's polls  (Read 1203 times)

Offline formerlurker

Massachusetts: Bottom has fallen out of Coakley's polls
« on: January 15, 2010, 04:32:56 PM »
Massachusetts: 'Bottom has fallen out' of Coakley's polls; Dems prepare to explain defeat, protect Obama
By: Byron York
Chief Political Correspondent
01/15/10 7:10 AM EST
Here in Massachusetts, as well as in Washington, a growing sense of gloom is setting in among Democrats about the fortunes of Democratic Senate candidate Martha Coakley. "I have heard that in the last two days the bottom has fallen out of her poll numbers," says one well-connected Democratic strategist. In her own polling, Coakley is said to be around five points behind Republican Scott Brown. "If she's not six or eight ahead going into the election, all the intensity is on the other side in terms of turnout," the Democrat says. "So right now, she is destined to lose."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Massachusetts-Bottom-has-fallen-out-of-Coakleys-poll-numbers-Dems-prepare-to-explain-defeat-protect-Obama-81681862.html#ixzz0cisJQYvY

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Massachusetts: Bottom has fallen out of Coakley's polls
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 04:37:41 PM »
I am protecting myself against getting my hopes up but if only somehow this can happen.