Author Topic: No, not Gunny Ermy! Please say it isn't so!  (Read 7107 times)

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Re: No, not Gunny Ermy! Please say it isn't so!
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2011, 04:49:42 PM »
He's also one of the key spokesmen for the Marine Corps Identity Cause. However, I will say when a Marine veers left he does it with vigor...see Jack Murtha (I hope it's really hot where he is) and Jim Webb.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2011, 05:11:53 PM »
Silver Star is for comspicuous gallantry in action.
Bronze Star is also for acts of heroism.
It all depends on what one did, and can be subjective. To be honest I don't know the difference. It depends on what the Brass feels was more important.
Too bad TomInTib isn't still around to explain. TiTtyboy had a whole drawer full of Silver Stars, even after he tossed a shoebox full of decorations into San Francisco Bay.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2011, 05:13:27 PM »
Hmmmmmmmm, that's about as clear as mud, ain't it?

Maybe Tank or Tx can clear the waters..........so to speak.

Silver Star is the third highest award for valor in the Army (Below MoH and DSC), pretty much the same with the Marines but I don't know if they award the DSC or the Navy Cross for #2.  Bronze Star with V device (for valor) is the fourth highest, however Bronze Stars without the V are also awarded for reasons of distinguished acts or service other than combat in a war zone (which is referred to as 'For service,' a confusing term if you are not familiar with the service jargon involved).   
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2011, 06:25:54 PM »
Silver Star is the third highest award for valor in the Army (Below MoH and DSC), pretty much the same with the Marines but I don't know if they award the DSC or the Navy Cross for #2.  Bronze Star with V device (for valor) is the fourth highest, however Bronze Stars without the V are also awarded for reasons of distinguished acts or service other than combat in a war zone (which is referred to as 'For service,' a confusing term if you are not familiar with the service jargon involved).  

So we are talkin' the "Silver Star", correct?

So, pretty much what your sayin' is, Mr. R Lee Ermey has looked death in the face enough times defending me and mine that he deserves our utmost respect! And heaven help the cocksucker who says any different in my presence!

OOOOORAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you sir! I wanted to make sure I understood the man's decorations for conduct above and beyond what has ever been asked of me!!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!