Author Topic: gigantic primitive bashes solar power  (Read 375 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
gigantic primitive bashes solar power
« on: March 05, 2010, 07:46:08 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=115x233509

Since the gigantic primitive went into seclusion, out of sight, I've been worried for him, and diligently checking the obituaries of the Las Vegas newspapers, as we know--because the gigantic primitive told us--his first name and his date of birth.

My heart skipped a beat the other day when I saw a listing, the first name and the date of birth matching exactly.  It was a guy who was camping out in the mountains north and east of Las Vegas, who had gotten bit by a rattlesnake; a member of the American Physical Fitness Association, the American Bicycling Association, and an associate member of the American Camping and Hiking Association.  And a Baptist, and a Boy Scout leader.

Whew.

That obviously wasn't the gigantic primitive.

But to be sure, I had to check Skins's island.

madokie  (1000+ posts)      Sun Feb-28-10 07:43 AM
THE RABID SOONER PRIMITIVE
Original message

Italian mafia implicated in radioactive waste dumping

Thursday, September 17, 2009: I realize this is a little dated but considering the fact that this waste is dangerous for such a long time makes it still relevant today.
Maybe even more so since the recent push for more of these Nuke plants to be built.

The 'Ndrangheta, an Italian mafia syndicate, has been accused by a former member of the gang of sinking dozens of ships loaded with toxic waste, much of it radioactive. He says a journalist and cameraman were killed to keep them from revealing the activity.

Turncoat Francesco Fonti has identified a wreck located a few months ago by environmental workers as MV Kunsky or Cunsky and says he sunk it himself in 1992, complete with 100 barrels of radioactive waste. The gang received £100,000 ($162,720) for the job.

The wreck was scoured last week by a robot, but could not be identified. It lies 480 feet below sea level, and is about 330 to 360 feet long. Its description and location have been found to match an old account Fonti gave authorities three years ago, and environmental detection equipment has been dispatched to the ship, images of which do show barrels in the area.

Fonti claims he blew it up with explosives from Holland and it was used to dispose of Norwegian nuclear waste. The damage seen by the team working at the site does appear consistent with this version of events. Prosecutors say it appears the issue is displaying "all the appearances of being a confirmation". Fonti says waste was disposed of for businesses across Europe.

Not much more: http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Italian_mafia_implicated_in...

Let me just say this infuriates the **** out of me as this has been going on since at least '92. A sorry bunch of bastids who do this

dixiegrrrrl  (1000+ posts)      Sun Feb-28-10 09:02 AM
Response to Original message

1. Radioactive waste being dumped along Somalia, too.

and god knows where else.

Tsunami waves could have spread illegally dumped nuclear waste and other toxic waste on Somalia's coast, a United Nations spokesman has said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4312553.stm

Seems we are intent on wiping out the human race on many many fronts.

Yeah, abortion does do that.

madokie  (1000+ posts)      Sun Feb-28-10 09:24 AM
THE RABID SOONER PRIMITIVE
Response to Reply #1

2. There is no telling the amounts of this toxic waste has been dumped and for how long it's been going on. It fries my ass to read that some want us to build more of these nuclear power plants.

Nuclear power is neither safe, clean nor cheap and the decision to build any to begin with was not a sane decision either.

Statistical  (1000+ posts)      Sun Feb-28-10 12:02 PM
Response to Reply #2

4. Guess you should shut down solar then

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/20...

Someone doing something illegal isn't a reason to shutdown an industry. If we did then we would have no industries left.

Note: I don't think we should shut down solar or wind just pointing out the hyprocricy of using that as a "reason" to shut down nuclear.

Also nothing indicated in the article that the waste came from nuclear energy. Lots of radioactive waste comes from industrial uses, coal power, hospitals, etc. I mean not sure how much 100 barrels weighs but I doubt it is enough to contain even a single fuel assembly from nuclear reactor (30 tons per refueling).

Systematic Chaos  (1000+ posts)      Sun Feb-28-10 12:32 PM
THE GIGANTIC PRIMITIVE, #08 TOP PRIMITIVE OF 2009
Response to Reply #4

5. SSSSHHHHH!!

Don't be trying to argue reason with ol' Ma Dookie.

He's pissed at some bastids!

Sal Minella  (1000+ posts)        Sun Feb-28-10 02:49 PM
Response to Reply #5

9. How clever of you to understand that belittling a messenger is so much easier than actually contending with the facts he's presenting.

Does it ever work for you?

Systematic Chaos  (1000+ posts)      Sun Feb-28-10 04:53 PM
THE GIGANTIC PRIMITIVE, #08 TOP PRIMITIVE OF 2009
Response to Reply #9

14. I've been contending with the truth of what a rainbow farting cluster**** of a masturbatory fantasy solar truly is for quite some time now.

It's this crowd of so-called "renewables" cheerleaders who need the help, not me.

Did you even ****ing bother to read the article about solar industry waste linked above? Maybe you should, then get back to me.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: gigantic primitive bashes solar power
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 09:11:38 AM »
A certain amount of skepticism over solar energy is to be expected when one can block out the sun.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."