Author Topic: Did Myra Hindley murder 17 more children?  (Read 2309 times)

Offline Lauri

Did Myra Hindley murder 17 more children?
« on: January 18, 2008, 10:00:01 PM »
Did Myra Hindley murder 17 more children?
By SUE REID - More by this author » Last updated at 00:03am on 19th January 2008

Comments Comments
The day before New Year's Eve, Jenny Tighe slipped out of her front door on the hilly outskirts of a Lancashire mill town.

The teenager's fashionable fringe flopped into her eyes. In the pocket of her blue coat with a velvet collar jingled the three shilling coins her father had given her to buy a ticket for the new James Bond film, Goldfinger, at the local cinema four miles away.

The 14-year-old girl had suffered a turbulent childhood. She was only a toddler when her young mother, Mary, left home, married again, and began to raise a new family. Yet on December 30, 1964, Jenny appeared happy enough as she set off to catch the bus.

Scroll down for more...

Killer: Myra Hindley in a picture taken by Brady

She had spent the morning at her father's house in Knotts Lane, Oldham, listening to DJs blaring out The Beatles' Christmas number one, I Feel Fine, on the radio.

However, that winter's afternoon 43 years ago Jenny simply disappeared. The local newspaper, the Oldham Chronicle, carried a report about her going missing and a photograph of her.

It explained that her father was desperately searching for her in Manchester clubs where she often went to see her favourite pop groups.

"I think she has gone off with the beatniks," he said sadly.

A police hunt drew a blank.

In time, her family got on with their lives - some members believing Jenny was still alive somewhere. Her father died a few years later.

Gradually Jenny Tighe's name was all but forgotten. Until now.

For this week came the startling claim from a lawyer (admittedly a highly controversial figure) that the mystery of the Oldham schoolgirl may shed new light on one of the most hideous murder cases of the 20th century.

Instead of getting on a bus to see Goldfinger, did Jenny actually walk up to the busy A627 leading out of Oldham and try to hitchhike her way south to a new life in London after a row with her father?

Fatally, standing alone by the road in her best black patent shoes and a new pair of nylons, was she abducted, then killed by the Moors Murderers, Ian Brady and Myra Hindley?

rest at the link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=509166&in_page_id=1879

Offline Lauri

Re: Did Myra Hindley murder 17 more children?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 10:15:07 PM »
damn, that was harsh..

i cant believe i posted that ...

Offline bijou

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 04:09:02 AM »
I believe that she and Ian Brady almost certainly killed more children than they admitted to.  The real tragedy for the families of missing children  is that we will never know.  Myra Hindley periodically made additional comments but was highly manipulative because she was always trying to get released.  I wouldn't believe anything that originates from her without outside corroboration.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 08:22:18 AM »
In cases like this I don't have a problem with torturing all of the details out of the pieces of pig excrement!  :hammer: :banghead:
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 08:37:00 AM »
In cases like this I don't have a problem with torturing all of the details out of the pieces of pig excrement!  :hammer: :banghead:

Your feelings are understandable. 
Why should a convicted perp be allowed peace, while the victim's families are tortured by the lack of closure for the rest of their lives?
Reversing the roles would seem a fairer outcome.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Lauri

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 10:11:28 AM »
I believe that she and Ian Brady almost certainly killed more children than they admitted to.  The real tragedy for the families of missing children  is that we will never know.  Myra Hindley periodically made additional comments but was highly manipulative because she was always trying to get released.  I wouldn't believe anything that originates from her without outside corroboration.

i have since decided that our 8 year old may never wander outside the house again...

i pray for these parents who lost kids in such an unspeakable way..

and lest anyone forgets, evil does indeed.. walk the earth.