Author Topic: Is prostitution still illegal?  (Read 9217 times)

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: Is prostitution still illegal?
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2008, 07:51:23 PM »
But you are saying hookers and women you are courting are the same....so I'm trying to follow the analogy.

...because the entire thing started out with me just messing with you guys.  :evillaugh:

No, women aren't prostitutes for going out on a date. Damn, people. You guys must think I'm a sextet or something.

:loser:  :tongue:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2008, 07:53:18 PM »

Why is it "fundamentally wrong"?  It's been an almost universally accepted practice for all recorded history.  It is a practice that has really only become "looked down" apon with the advent and growth of Christianity, which is a rather short period of our long history.

Simple question. Would you want your mother, sister, or daughter doing the job? Why?

THAT's why it's fundamentally wrong.

:agree:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2008, 08:01:34 PM »

Why is it "fundamentally wrong"?  It's been an almost universally accepted practice for all recorded history.  It is a practice that has really only become "looked down" apon with the advent and growth of Christianity, which is a rather short period of our long history.

Simple question. Would you want your mother, sister, or daughter doing the job? Why?

THAT's why it's fundamentally wrong.

That depends.  Am I getting a cut?

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2008, 08:38:40 PM »
We were having this discussion at work today and one guy took the position that it shouldn`t be illegal to begin with and that 35 years ago they should have legalized pot too.

The problem with that is it assumes that in making those things legal it would eliminate all the bad things that go along however there is a thing called the law of unintended consequences.

If pot was legalized then what happens when that becomes passe,do more move to coke,heroin,etc?
If prostitution was legalized and they always say regulated then what is to prevent black market unregulated prostitution which would be the same as today?
Would gay prostitution also be legal and if do how then does society deem marriage to be between a man and a lady?
What would be the economic impact of that on society and so on?

What seems harmless sometimes is not always so,look to the misguided war on poverty that has done nothing but entrap and enslave generations into it.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2008, 08:45:33 PM »
Even the "high end" women seem to have problems...
Describing the "Emperor's Club" models...

But the women could be difficult at times, according to the criminal complaint. One woman missed her appointment, and the agency suspected drug use. Brener ultimately decided not to use the woman anymore, the papers said.

Drugs had gotten in the way: "A lot of these girls deteriorate to this point," Brener was quoted as saying.

One prostitute left early to pick up her children. Suwal noted that women with kids have "a little more baggage." The agency was also having trouble collecting money from "Samantha," who they believed was doing drugs, too, authorities said.

link...
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies