Author Topic: Healthcare and the DU(redux)  (Read 9482 times)

Offline jtyangel

Healthcare and the DU(redux)
« on: December 31, 2007, 10:32:20 AM »
All it takes is a movie, a very very biased 'documentary' to convince these dweebs they need to rape the taxpayers to fund their health maintanence.

Enjoy :D

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2559347

rateyes  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Dec-30-07 10:35 PM
Original message
I'm so ****ing pissed off right now, I can't see straight...DAMMIT...

Edited on Sun Dec-30-07 10:36 PM by rateyes
I didn't get the chance to see "Sicko" in theatres this year, and asked my daughters to get me a copy for Christmas. They did. I just finished watching it.

MANDATED HEALTH INSURANCE PLANS SUCK GRAVY.

FREE UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE THAT COVERS EVERYTHING CAN BE DONE, AND WE THE PEOPLE SHOULD DEMAND IT RIGHT NOW!!

**** the AMA for their opposition to universal coverage. **** the insurance companies that look for every way under the sun not to cover medically necessary procedures.

AND **** EVERY CONGRESSPERSON AND ADMINISTRATION THAT DOES NOT SUPPORT FREE UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE!

I guess rateyes has never figured that there is a reason other healthplans don't cover 'everything', but the government should cover 'everything' in their eyes. We can do it they see? Really...companies that actually understand the healthcare market and cost/benefit analysis know that certain procedures can't just be routinely approved(although many times they will be when appealed), but the government in their 'great wisdom' can just snap their fingers and accomplish this. HMO's are actually a very good example of what happens with 'managed healthcare'. A national program would emulate a 'managed' system. What a ****ing disaster that is waiting to happen--pardon my french. ;D Liberals never disappoint in revealing how little they understand economics or even the principles the country they live in are founded on.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Healthcare and the DU(redux)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 12:32:43 PM »
If anybody wants to see "socialized medicine" up front and real, just go to the VA and look around. I have waited as much as four hours past my appointment time just to be "seen" and even then, the care was less than satisfactory.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 01:31:57 PM »
If anybody wants to see "socialized medicine" up front and real, just go to the VA and look around. I have waited as much as four hours past my appointment time just to be "seen" and even then, the care was less than satisfactory.

As some folks here know from other forums, I've discussed before the subpar care my grandmother received in her last 2 years via the British healthcare system. One thing I have noticed is that there isn't a whole lot of priority based on the condition or suspected condition of the individual. Even if they suspect one has cancer for example, you will still go on a waiting list for months to have an MRI. That is NOT acceptable to me or for my family.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »
I'm retired Navy and I tell you, while my insurance from the navy isn't the greatest, it sure beats a lot of other plans. I can go to whatever Dr. I need to, no referrals. I can get an MRI and only pay 25% of the max allowable charges. Lord knows, I've used the hell out of it since I got my back messed up in 1999.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 11:07:03 PM »
I'm retired Navy and I tell you, while my insurance from the navy isn't the greatest, it sure beats a lot of other plans. I can go to whatever Dr. I need to, no referrals. I can get an MRI and only pay 25% of the max allowable charges. Lord knows, I've used the hell out of it since I got my back messed up in 1999.

You just don't know what's good for you. S'ok, Hillary does.  :evillaugh:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline MASHLover

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 04:32:28 AM »

Been there done that, although I WILL say this.  When I lived in Nashville, the VA was pretty good, wait times were normal for any Doctors office and if there was something they could not do on site, they would send you to Vanderbilt for the procedures.

Now, the VA in Dayton, Ohio is a nightmare and unless I am ordered to go there I will NEVER step foot back in that hellhole EVER!!!!!

I reinjured a service connected injury (blown knee) and my gf at the time (now wife) insisted that she take me to the Dayton VA because "they will take care of you, your a veteran".  I eventually got an appt to see the ortho doc, they sent me for an MRI, said nothing was wrong and when I mentioned something about the pain I was in the doc said "I am a surgeon I dont deal with pain management".  My wife went thru the roof after we left and I told her that I tried to tell her it was a waste of time and gas to go there.  To make a long story short, I had a MRI done by the local ortho docs, they found some more damage, did some more surgery and fixed it.  I went to the local VA rep and applied for temp 100% and got it.

formerly Striker

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 08:36:18 AM »

Been there done that, although I WILL say this.  When I lived in Nashville, the VA was pretty good, wait times were normal for any Doctors office and if there was something they could not do on site, they would send you to Vanderbilt for the procedures.

Now, the VA in Dayton, Ohio is a nightmare and unless I am ordered to go there I will NEVER step foot back in that hellhole EVER!!!!!

I reinjured a service connected injury (blown knee) and my gf at the time (now wife) insisted that she take me to the Dayton VA because "they will take care of you, your a veteran".  I eventually got an appt to see the ortho doc, they sent me for an MRI, said nothing was wrong and when I mentioned something about the pain I was in the doc said "I am a surgeon I dont deal with pain management".  My wife went thru the roof after we left and I told her that I tried to tell her it was a waste of time and gas to go there.  To make a long story short, I had a MRI done by the local ortho docs, they found some more damage, did some more surgery and fixed it.  I went to the local VA rep and applied for temp 100% and got it.

More stories about socialized medicine need to be out there. I don't think most Americans have any concept of it. You are ex-military so you know and my grandparents are British so I too had some idea. Most Americans just don't know. All they see is 'free, free, free'.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 10:41:22 PM »
FREE UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE THAT COVERS EVERYTHING CAN BE DONE, AND WE THE PEOPLE SHOULD DEMAND IT RIGHT NOW!!

I'd like to hear that idiots definition of "free."
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Flame

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 08:12:10 AM »

well, free is when the rich people pay for everything for those "less fortunate"...duh!  (that means free for the DUmmies, not for anyone else)

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 08:19:56 AM »

Free to them equals everyone 'richer' then them paying for it. Free means absolutely no responsibility on their part--no premiums, no copays of any kind...etc, etc, etc

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 09:48:20 AM »
The DUmmies and other assorted libtards who want "free" healthcare should be forced to stand in line at the DMV for a week!  :banghead:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle