Author Topic: Rapist Released due to Covid--- Kills His accuser  (Read 675 times)

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
Rapist Released due to Covid--- Kills His accuser
« on: August 07, 2020, 03:19:34 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213867807

SheltieLover (5,235 posts)

Rape suspect who was freed due to coronavirus kills his accuser in Virginia, police say

https://www.localmemphis.com/mobile/article/news/crime/rape-suspect-washington-post-alexandria-crime/65-13310ff6-43bf-444d-acc3-e229d7699b6b

Ibrahim E. Bouiachi was indicted on rape charges last year. After being released due to the pandemic, police say he shot and killed his accuser.

Credit: Alexandria PD
Ibrahim E. Bouaichi
Author: Associated Press
Published: 12:14 PM CDT August 7, 2020
Updated: 1:32 PM CDT August 7, 2020

ALEXANDRIA, Va. — Police in Virginia say that a rape suspect released from jail in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic went on to kill the woman who had accused him.

The Washington Post reports that Ibrahim E. Bouaichi was tracked down by authorities on Wednesday. But he shot himself and was in grave condition on Thursday.

Who in their right mind would release such a prisoner??? 🤬

I personally do not believe violent offenders should ever be released under such circumstances! Look at the result! 🤬

So who do you think they blame for the VIRGINIA release policy?

Under The Radar (1,616 posts)

1. That should be Trump's Willie Horton Ad

Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Isn't it odd that no DUmmie corrected the idiot about the Virginia Policy and who implemented it?

Then the usual screed about gun control

Sancho (8,053 posts)

2. People Control, Not Gun Control

This is my generic response to gun threads where people are shot and killed by the dumb or criminal possession of guns. For the record, I grew up in the South and on military bases. I was taught about firearms as a child, and I grew up hunting, was a member of the NRA, and I still own guns. In the 70’s, I dropped out of the NRA because they become more radical and less interested in safety and training. Some personal experiences where people I know were involved in shootings caused me to realize that anyone could obtain and posses a gun no matter how illogical it was for them to have a gun. Also, easy access to more powerful guns, guns in the hands of children, and guns that weren’t secured are out of control in our society. As such, here’s what I now think ought to be the requirements to possess a gun. I’m not debating the legal language, I just think it’s the reasonable way to stop the shootings. Notice, none of this restricts the type of guns sold. This is aimed at the people who shoot others, because it’s clear that they should never have had a gun.

1.) Anyone in possession of a gun (whether they own it or not) should have a regularly renewed license. If you want to call it a permit, certificate, or something else that's fine.
2.) To get a license, you should have a background check, and be examined by a professional for emotional and mental stability appropriate for gun possession. It might be appropriate to require that examination to be accompanied by references from family, friends, employers, etc. This check is not to subject you to a mental health diagnosis, just check on your superficial and apparent gun-worthyness.
3.) To get the license, you should be required to take a safety course and pass a test appropriate to the type of gun you want to use.
4.) To get a license, you should be over 21. Under 21, you could only use a gun under direct supervision of a licensed person and after obtaining a learner’s license. Your license might be restricted if you have children or criminals or other unsafe people living in your home. (If you want to argue 18 or 25 or some other age, fine. 21 makes sense to me.)
5.) If you possess a gun, you would have to carry a liability insurance policy specifically for gun ownership - and likely you would have to provide proof of appropriate storage, security, and whatever statistical reasons that emerge that would drive the costs and ability to get insurance.
6.) You could not purchase a gun or ammunition without a license, and purchases would have a waiting period.
7.) If you possess a gun without a license, you go to jail, the gun is impounded, and a judge will have to let you go (just like a DUI).
8.) No one should carry an unsecured gun (except in a locked case, unloaded) when outside of home. Guns should be secure when transporting to a shooting event without demonstrating a special need. Their license should indicate training and special carry circumstances beyond recreational shooting (security guard, etc.). If you are carrying your gun while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, you lose your gun and license.
9.) If you buy, sell, give away, or inherit a gun, your license information should be recorded.
10.) If you accidentally discharge your gun, commit a crime, get referred by a mental health professional, are served a restraining order, etc., you should lose your license and guns until reinstated by a serious relicensing process.

Most of you know that a license is no big deal. Besides a driver’s license you need a license to fish, operate a boat, or many other activities. I realize these differ by state, but that is not a reason to let anyone without a bit of sense pack a semiautomatic weapon in public, on the roads, and in schools. I think we need to make it much harder for some people to have guns.

Here comes Captain Obvious:
JI7 (77,783 posts)

3. They shouldn't be releasing Violent scum like this.

Offline thundley4

Re: Rapist Released due to Covid--- Kills His accuser
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 03:46:20 PM »
Under The Radar (1,616 posts)

1. That should be Trump's Willie Horton Ad

Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Isn't it odd that no DUmmie corrected the idiot about the Virginia Policy and who implemented it?

I think that DUmmie was right.  Trump could use that murderer's picture just like Willie Horton was used.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 03:58:25 PM »

I think that DUmmie was right.  Trump could use that murderer's picture just like Willie Horton was used.
That is actually a great idea!

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 05:05:15 PM »
    2. People Control, Not Gun Control

This is my generic response to gun threads where people are shot and killed by the dumb or criminal possession of guns. For the record, I grew up in the South and on military bases. I was taught about firearms as a child, and I grew up hunting, was a member of the NRA, and I still own guns. In the 70%u2019s, I dropped out of the NRA because they become more radical and less interested in safety and training. Some personal experiences where people I know were involved in shootings caused me to realize that anyone could obtain and posses a gun no matter how illogical it was for them to have a gun. Also, easy access to more powerful guns, guns in the hands of children, and guns that weren%u2019t secured are out of control in our society. As such, here%u2019s what I now think ought to be the requirements to possess a gun. I%u2019m not debating the legal language, I just think it%u2019s the reasonable way to stop the shootings. Notice, none of this restricts the type of guns sold. This is aimed at the people who shoot others, because it%u2019s clear that they should never have had a gun.

1.) Anyone in possession of a gun (whether they own it or not) should have a regularly renewed license. If you want to call it a permit, certificate, or something else that's fine.
    2.) To get a license, you should have a background check, and be examined by a professional for emotional and mental stability appropriate for gun possession. It might be appropriate to require that examination to be accompanied by references from family, friends, employers, etc. This check is not to subject you to a mental health diagnosis, just check on your superficial and apparent gun-worthyness.
    3.) To get the license, you should be required to take a safety course and pass a test appropriate to the type of gun you want to use.
    4.) To get a license, you should be over 21. Under 21, you could only use a gun under direct supervision of a licensed person and after obtaining a learner%u2019s license. Your license might be restricted if you have children or criminals or other unsafe people living in your home. (If you want to argue 18 or 25 or some other age, fine. 21 makes sense to me.)
    5.) If you possess a gun, you would have to carry a liability insurance policy specifically for gun ownership - and likely you would have to provide proof of appropriate storage, security, and whatever statistical reasons that emerge that would drive the costs and ability to get insurance.
    6.) You could not purchase a gun or ammunition without a license, and purchases would have a waiting period.
    7.) If you possess a gun without a license, you go to jail, the gun is impounded, and a judge will have to let you go (just like a DUI).
    8.) No one should carry an unsecured gun (except in a locked case, unloaded) when outside of home. Guns should be secure when transporting to a shooting event without demonstrating a special need. Their license should indicate training and special carry circumstances beyond recreational shooting (security guard, etc.). If you are carrying your gun while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, you lose your gun and license.
    9.) If you buy, sell, give away, or inherit a gun, your license information should be recorded.
    10.) If you accidentally discharge your gun, commit a crime, get referred by a mental health professional, are served a restraining order, etc., you should lose your license and guns until reinstated by a serious relicensing process.

Most of you know that a license is no big deal. Besides a driver%u2019s license you need a license to fish, operate a boat, or many other activities. I realize these differ by state, but that is not a reason to let anyone without a bit of sense pack a semiautomatic weapon in public, on the roads, and in schools. I think we need to make it much harder for some people to have guns.

1.)I was led to believe that ID's are racist or something.
2-10.) Please name another constitutional right where you have to jump through hoops to exercise and can still be denied by committee.
8.) This is especially stupid and shows that you really never were a member of the NRA and likely have no knowledge of guns or the 2nd amemdment.

As to the needing a license to drive, operate a boat etc. none of which is in the constitution. I have to assume that no ID would be needed to vote right?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 06:53:13 PM by 67 Rover »
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 05:51:28 PM »
Release violent scumbags.

Jail store owners for not following COVID protocols.  :thatsright:

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 06:22:19 PM »
Release violent scumbags.

Jail store owners for not following COVID protocols.  :thatsright:

While that story was in Virginia...

What you describe is LA and Cali to a tee

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2020, 08:39:14 PM »
Funny how this was not on the 6pm news.   :banghead:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2020, 04:51:35 AM »
so its probably safe to say at this point that he wasn't wrongly accused?
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)