Author Topic: I was exposed to Covid this week through work.  (Read 554 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I was exposed to Covid this week through work.
« on: September 22, 2021, 08:04:07 PM »
crimsonandclover (57 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215885102

I was exposed to Covid this week through work.

I am fully Vaxxed.

Work said don't quarantine.

I work for a home agency that takes care of the aged. One of the workers that I relieved had it, still had antibodies and treated herself with Ivermectin. The agency won't tell me who it was due to legal issues and said I was exposed no more than 10 minutes at the most. The other care giver was masked.

I think it was bullshit they are just now disclosing this and they still allow unvaxxed people to work as caregivers. I also don't buy that they can't disclose who it was so I can recall my interaction with her

This agency begs people to come to work for them. It is national and they can't get enough caregivers to cover all the shifts they have. I have an attorney on speed dial.

:yawn:

Tetrachloride (759 posts)

1. Go get a PCR immediately. Quarantine yourself for 1-2 days if you have to pay for the test, make the company pay for it immediately. Don’t come to work until they do, assuming you are owed.

:thatsright:

Star Member Haggard Celine (13,547 posts)

3. Unvaxed people should not be caregivers, especially of the aged and others who are immune compromised. This is bullshit! I have a feeling you're going to need that attorney.

Star Member elias7 (2,877 posts)

6. You have a right to know who exposed you and in what manner

A home agency that works with the elderly should absolutely be 100% vaxxed, and those being cared for and those interacting (like yourself) with non-vaxxed individuals have an absolute right to know what their exposure has been. This is not a HIPAA violation since no health care professional is divulging info about one of their patients.

You have every right to be pissed and the company you’re working for is not being responsible. But it’s not like it’s a life or death issue….

:bs:

Star Member totodeinhere (12,373 posts)

7. If you are fully vaccianted and were wearing a mask, I don't think that ten minutes

of exposure is much to worry about. Of course you should take all of the prescribed precautions, but don't stress over it.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: I was exposed to Covid this week through work.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 08:33:08 PM »
If you are vaccinated,   what's the problem?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 06:02:21 AM »
Tetrachloride (759 posts)

1. Go get a PCR immediately. Quarantine yourself for 1-2 days if you have to pay for the test, make the company pay for it immediately. Don’t come to work until they do, assuming you are owed.

PCR tests are unreliable and give more false positives than true results.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 07:56:54 AM »

That is my question. And if you are masked then why does another person unmasked present a problem?

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 08:00:46 AM »
Shouldn't most of us unvaccinated be dead by now according to their numbers and infection rates?
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 08:19:17 AM »
elias7 (2,877 posts)

...This is not a HIPAA violation since no health care professional is divulging info about one of their patients.

There's no healthcare professional element for HIPAA violations.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2021, 08:58:35 AM »
This is comparable to saying "I almost got into a car accident" just to amp up the drama.

Have been in close contact with several dozen people in the past 20 months who tested positive for the Wu.  They've all recovered and were never more ill than a the normal flu.  Been tested thrice before I was vaccinated and negative every time.  Perhaps I just have a better immune system than the garden variety liberal.

We need to get to a point where the Chinese Wuhan virus is treated equivalent to the yearly flu.   If one looks at the data closely (which I have), it is only slightly above those numbers.  But if it bleeds, it leads.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 09:16:35 AM »
What a sloppy, largely or entirely fictional :bouncy: ! Besides the semi-coherent randomly thrown in stereotypical details, here's the BIG glaring clue this :bouncy: is largely or entirely fictional:

Work said don't quarantine.

Mrs. S in CA and Daughter S in CA both work at an organization that provides palliative services to people who are terminally ill. They are not nurses or aides who visit patients, but do occasionally work with them directly. When their receptionist was, recently, indirectly (her child was with another child who tested Covid-positive) exposed to a person with Covid, she self-isolated (as the organization directed, though she probably would have done so anyway) until she was tested (PCR, not dipstick) and found to be Covid-negative. So there is no ethical way "Work said don't quarantine" is true, and even an unethical outfit would not risk relevant licensing and customer acceptance with such a work instruction.

On the side, I find the idea that a person as semi-coherent as LPC noob crimsonandclover works in anything healthcare (other than, perhaps, janitor) rather disturbing.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 09:18:07 AM »

:hi5: earned and issued. Personally (I'm vaxxed), I've been doing whatever I would ordinarily have done - same work stuff, doing running events along with scores or hundreds of runners and walkers I've never met, going to restaurants and stores, yada, yada, yada.

As to the DUmp OP, there's fear-mongering to be done, and DUmp Cred to be gained.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 09:23:10 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 10:15:07 AM »
One of the workers that I relieved had it, still had antibodies and treated herself with Ivermectin. The agency won't tell me who it was due to legal issues and said I was exposed no more than 10 minutes at the most. The other care giver was masked.

another hole is the story is, if the DUmmy doesn't know who the "unclean" worker is, how does said DUmmy they know that she treated herself with ivermectin? 
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2021, 11:28:23 AM »
another hole is the story is, if the DUmmy doesn't know who the "unclean" worker is, how does said DUmmy they know that she treated herself with ivermectin?

Another :hi5: earned and issued!

HR regs forbid giving out employee identity info not otherwise public. That is the reason LPC noob crimsonandclover would not be told the identity of the person with Covid, and thus could not know the person was using ivermectin. Latrine rumors are not knowledge, so either LPC noob crimsonandclover posted a rumor or fiction. Given the stereotype-laden semi-incoherence entirety of the post, I'm going with, "It's a fiction."

I've mentioned before that my employer has 1500-2000 employess here in Silicon Valley, spread across quite a few buildings. So I've seen several Covid notification emails this past year, including the one that notified about me. The notifications usually mention the relevant building. Beyond that, the emails mention that possibly exposed people were notified of the exposure and told to isolate until testing negative. Employee names are not given (though in my case I did notify my manager, and my 3-4 weeks' absence would have been very obvious, even if he told no one in our workgroup).