Author Topic: How Many Crimes Can Clarence Thomas Commit Before Something Is Done?  (Read 440 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member DanieRains (4,410 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216550687

How Many Crimes Can Clarence Thomas Commit Before Something Is Done?

Judges are required by law to recuse themselves from anything they, or their spouses have a financial interest in.

That is the law.

Thomas has broken this law repeatedly.

Arrest him.

:whatever:

Star Member Skittles (141,887 posts)

1. alas, it's not considered criminal

perhaps protocol for the Supreme Court needs to be evaluated

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2022/03/29/justice-thomass-failure-to-recuse-may-be-wrong-but-its-not-judicial-misconduct/

of course, Thomas should never have been a judge ANYWHERE, let alone the Supreme Court

:mental:

Star Member DanieRains (4,410 posts)

5. I Think The United State Can Sue Him For Not Recusing

I think there is a case there.

Amishman (4,422 posts)

9. Under what statute?

I believe you would have a hard time finding it.

:popcorn:

Mike Nelson (8,769 posts)

7. Well...

... we don't have the votes to impeach him. That's the consequence. We need 60 votes in the Senate. A good Judge would recuse if there was a question about conflict of interest... just the HINT of one! Clarence Thomas does not fall into that category.

Star Member Kaleva (29,947 posts)

11. You're advocating arresting someone who hasn't broken a law?

Isn't that unlawful or at least morally and ethically bankrupt?

Rincewind (1,143 posts)

12. He got away with it before.

2000, Bush v Gore. Ginny was was working for the W. Bush campaign, and was rumored to be under consideration for a position in any W. Bush administration. Bush being president = money for the Thomas'. He did not recuse, nothing happened to him.

Bernardo de La Paz (41,409 posts)

13. So much disinformation in this thread. Theories of jurisprudence & law presented as if fact... and not as questions or with doubt. Including the OP.

As I understand it, refusal to recuse is not a criminal offense and there is no mechanism to enforce it.

Perhaps there is a mechanism within the judiciary itself. They are honor bound to adhere to their traditions, including recusal.

Can the judiciary eject one of their own? Eject a peer at any same level or below? I don't remember hearing of such a case. It'd be a gruesome precedent when politics are involved.

Star Member SWBTATTReg (17,441 posts)

15. Another ? I have is how many has he committed already? Is every decision that he's participated in,

suspect? They do this when a rogue prosecutor or rogue police officer is ID'ed, and all of the cases they worked on, are subject to redo or being tossed out.

This is another reason why they should expand the Supreme Court, so if and when a situation like this very one occurs, the tainted 'vote' won't inadvertently affect what a normal, fully informed and not being unduly influenced Supreme Court would vote.

How many 4-5 or 5-4 votes have there been, where inappropriate influencing played a role?

MarineCombatEngineer (5,792 posts)

16. What crime are you talking about?

Failure to recuse is not a crime.

lagomorph777 (30,066 posts)

23. Obstruction of justice is an actual crime.

This is not some subtle matter of conscience. This is an attempted coverup.

lagomorph777 (30,066 posts)

21. This is not about recusal. This is about obstruction of justice.

Obstruction of justice is a felony, no matter who you are. Or we do not have the rule of law. Period.

Lots of posters talking about recusal being optional for SCROTUS - missing the point.
"Justice" Thomas committed the crime of obstruction of justice when he attempted to hide the evidence of his wife's crimes. He became an accessory after the fact (at a minimum).

:mental:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Re: How Many Crimes Can Clarence Thomas Commit Before Something Is Done?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 10:11:34 AM »
Look at you dump monkeys, trying to convict a black man of a crime that doesn’t actually exist… I suppose this is the part where I call you all racists. - Because that is *Exactly* what you would do if everything was exactly the same except Justice Thomas was a leftist.

Therefore, I call for the Cancellation of Democratic Underground for conspiratorial actions against a person of color, which can only be rooted in pure racism, as there is no other rational reason why you would insist on convicting a man of crimes that exist nowhere in any location within the USA.

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 10:38:41 AM »
Look at you dump monkeys, trying to convict a black man of a crime that doesn’t actually exist… I suppose this is the part where I call you all racists. - Because that is *Exactly* what you would do if everything was exactly the same except Justice Thomas was a leftist.

Therefore, I call for the Cancellation of Democratic Underground for conspiratorial actions against a person of color, which can only be rooted in pure racism, as there is no other rational reason why you would insist on convicting a man of crimes that exist nowhere in any location within the USA.

They love blacks at the DUmp - just as long as they know their place, stay on the plantation, and murmur 'yes Massa' at the appropriate intervals.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 11:08:59 AM »
These sub humans make Stalin look like a Sunday school teacher.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2022, 11:21:18 AM »
Name one DUches.

Oh by the way Oberlin lost their appeal to the Gibson family. That means extra money for the Gibson's expenses and all the interest that was piling up.

Suck it you fat old stupid hippies.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2022, 11:39:32 AM »
"Crimes" located in DUmmies' :stoner:  :stoner:  :stoner:  :stoner:  :stoner: aren't really crimes? Who knew?! :rotf:  :rotf:  :rotf:  :rotf:  :rotf:  :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2022, 12:04:12 PM »
Besides the lack of a crime by Justice Thomas, I can’t help but roll my eyes at dems saying “no one is above the law”, or any variation of that expression.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2022, 12:12:59 PM »
Their KKKish nature is showing forth. Ready to string up a black man just because...
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2022, 06:47:43 AM »
They're just pissed that Justice Thomas can define 'woman'.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2022, 07:03:38 AM »
This from a bunch of kooks who consider his greatest crime to be he's both black and conservative.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2022, 08:48:32 AM »

:hi5: !
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2022, 08:53:00 AM »
I see Justice Thomas is getting the Trump treatment. "The imaginary crimes are piling up! When will someone do something?"

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2022, 10:33:19 AM »

Just wait until Justice Thomas announces thru The Babylon Bee that he's IDENTIFYING as a woman this week...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus