Author Topic: 2012 GOP primary delegate changes  (Read 1352 times)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
2012 GOP primary delegate changes
« on: September 01, 2011, 09:20:46 PM »
I read somewhere that the GOP primary delegates in each state are no longer going to be awarded on a "winner-take-all" basis, but by the percentages they were voted for in each state.  Does anyone think we'll be in for any surprises come convention time due to this? 

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: 2012 GOP primary delegate changes
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 02:53:42 PM »
I read somewhere that the GOP primary delegates in each state are no longer going to be awarded on a "winner-take-all" basis, but by the percentages they were voted for in each state.  Does anyone think we'll be in for any surprises come convention time due to this? 
Interesting. If there is no clear front runner by the time of the GOP convention there may be some drama as to who is going to be the nominee. It may also give some primary losers a bigger role as a king maker than they deserve.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 02:55:53 PM »
i dont think it will be that close when all the primaries are over to matter
it will make it closer but not close enough to create an issue

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 03:39:18 PM »
Wasn't aware of that; it would tend to make winning any individual state less important, but also require any serious candidates to fight more to get at least some delegate votes in all of them as well.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.