Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 3791 times)

Offline Todzilla

• Probationary (Probie)
Greetings!
« on: September 02, 2010, 06:56:34 AM »
Just heard about this forum on Harmony Central's Political Party.  I thought it might be fun to chat with conservatives.

My views are a mixed bag, but I'm very conservative about gay rights (I want government to stop discriminating against gay marriage and let people pursue whatever sexual interests and marital arrangements they desire, as long as it's between consenting adults). I'm very conservative about women's reproductive rights (I want government to allow women freedom to determine whether or not they wish to keep or terminate a pregnancy).  I'm very conservative about the First Ammendment (I want to ensure any religious group can build a house of worship wherever it conforms to local zoning ordinances).

I have a feeling we're going to get along swell around here!

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 07:03:04 AM »
Just heard about this forum on Harmony Central's Political Party.  I thought it might be fun to chat with conservatives.

My views are a mixed bag, but I'm very conservative about gay rights (I want government to stop discriminating against gay marriage and let people pursue whatever sexual interests and marital arrangements they desire, as long as it's between consenting adults). I'm very conservative about women's reproductive rights (I want government to allow women freedom to determine whether or not they wish to keep or terminate a pregnancy).  I'm very conservative about the First Ammendment (I want to ensure any religious group can build a house of worship wherever it conforms to local zoning ordinances).

Not real bright are ya? Can't even figure out which forum to put your intro into? BTW..Ya ain't the 1st DUmmie who's done this same shit  so....SOSDD
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 07:08:21 AM »
Aww...how cute another chew toy,did ya bring some beer?

Offline Todzilla

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 07:09:25 AM »
Aww...how cute,did ya bring some beer?

How about some nice microbrew IPA?  Or is this strictly a Budweiser crowd?

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 07:15:50 AM »

No Bud for me but a variety of opinions here on beer as well as most things.
You will be surprised if you take a bit of time to look around.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 07:16:37 AM »

Dude...ya really don't wanna go there....
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 07:20:30 AM »
First Ammendment

Hmm, I'm bijou and I'm pretty conservative about spelling and posting welcome threads in the correct forum.
Still, you'll find plenty of discussion here.

Offline Todzilla

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 07:25:19 AM »

Hmm, I'm bijou and I'm pretty conservative about spelling and posting welcome threads in the correct forum.
Still, you'll find plenty of discussion here.

Right you are!  Thanks for the correction.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 09:17:03 AM »

Sanwald Hefe Weizen bitte!
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 09:20:59 AM »

Arrogant Bastard!
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 09:29:35 AM »
I think we have some old Lost Lake Beer over there for you...
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline The Hollywood NeoCon

• Visionary, Sage, Drunkard, Screenwriter
  • "For God & Country: Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 09:39:35 AM »

Well, as long as you remember that if we run into each other in public, I don't particularly enjoy "chatting it up" with baristas, so I'd appreciate it if you just kept you piehole shut and made my *******ed coffee.

I'm also pretty conservative about the First Amendment (not Ammendment, bright boy), as well, so I'm sure you'll support my right to call you a petulant little twat.

Now, if you're quite through with the sarcasm, perhaps you'll have something more substantial to say, but I doubt it.

Offline Todzilla

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 11:01:58 AM »
Sarcasm is discouraged?

Actually, I meant no sarcasm, rather a discussion about whether what modern American "conservatism" and reducing governmental intervention into personal lives means in the context of issues like reproductive choice, gay marriage and mosque building.

And again, I sincerely appreciate the correcting of my "ammendment" typo.

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 12:00:33 PM »
Sarcasm is discouraged?

Actually, I meant no sarcasm, rather a discussion about whether what modern American "conservatism" and reducing governmental intervention into personal lives means in the context of issues like reproductive choice, gay marriage and mosque building.

And again, I sincerely appreciate the correcting of my "ammendment" typo.

Bullshit. I'd have far more respect for you if you at least had the capacity for honesty like this winner:

Do yourself a favor and try this site. You'll get all the "discussion" you claim to seek.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 12:18:04 PM »
Wow, just WOW!! The response from our members is underwhelming.

Todzilla, I think that you might be a little confused as to the meaning of "Conservatism" vs "Libertarianism". Reproductive choice?? I'm sorry, but leftist speak for "abortions" isn't going to cut it. A good majority of conservatives believe in the Bible or the Torah. In keeping with the Judeo-Christian beliefs, abortion is wrong. Gay marriage is another thing that is wrong in the eyes of most Conservatives. As far as "mosque building", are you really sure that you can handle the debate?? I think that I can safely say that almost every single one of us believe that the mosque near Ground Zero is right in regards to the Constitution, it is not morally correct to build  it there. Then there's the funding and many other issues that surround Feisal Rauf. As far as Islam, well that's a debate that should probably be held in the proper board of this forum. ;)
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 12:23:30 PM »
Just heard about this forum on Harmony Central's Political Party.  I thought it might be fun to chat with conservatives.

My views are a mixed bag,

No they're not, they're the same liberal talking points that are just as tired now as they were back when they first came up.
but I'm very conservative about gay rights (I want government to stop discriminating against gay marriage and let people pursue whatever sexual interests and marital arrangements they desire, as long as it's between consenting adults).

Here's a news flash for you - "marriage" isn't a right. It's a choice. There's nothing written in any Constitution I've read that says one has a "right" to get married.

I'm very conservative about women's reproductive rights (I want government to allow women freedom to determine whether or not they wish to keep or terminate a pregnancy).  Ever hear of Roe v. Wade? Google is your friend.

I'm very conservative about the First Ammendment (I want to ensure any religious group can build a house of worship wherever it conforms to local zoning ordinances). The issue isn't one of a "right" - there is generally no argument about that. Whoever can pony up the scratch to make that happen sufficient to coerce threaten encourage the local zoning authority to permit such an action is able to do pretty much whatever it wants. The issue is more of should they. Most of the feedback I've read on this issue suggests that most Americans don't want the mosque/community center/terrorist hangout anywhere near ground zero - but that's another thread altogether.

I have my doubts about that. When and if you come back, you're going to find your agenda torn to shreds.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 12:23:48 PM »

My views are a mixed bag, but I'm very conservative about gay rights (I want government to stop discriminating against gay marriage and let people pursue whatever sexual interests and marital arrangements they desire, as long as it's between consenting adults). I'm very conservative about women's reproductive rights (I want government to allow women freedom to determine whether or not they wish to keep or terminate a pregnancy).  I'm very conservative about the First Ammendment (I want to ensure any religious group can build a house of worship wherever it conforms to local zoning ordinances).

Lay off the stupid pills.

“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Todzilla

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 06:54:42 AM »
My apologies.

I mistakenly thought conservatives wanted less government intrustion in their lives.  I stand corrected.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 07:17:50 AM »
My apologies.

I mistakenly thought conservatives wanted less government intrustion in their lives.  I stand corrected.

Nice try but it don`t fly.
Most conservatives regardless of personal opinions on homosexuality don`t give a rip what two people of consenting age do in private but they hate the government enshrining it as a viable lifestyle with preferences built in.

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2010, 08:21:19 AM »
My apologies.

I mistakenly thought conservatives wanted less government intrustion in their lives.  I stand corrected.

My GOD, you people are either deliberately ignorant, terminal breast-feeders or both. Regardless, the self-involved bullshit artists you seem incapable of breaking free of have done more for conservativism in the last 20 months than WFB, Goldwater & Ronaldus Maximus (peace be upon them) combined.

I'd advise you not to get too comfortable here, but something tells me that would be akin to telling a highly dedicated Kamikaze pilot to hit the silk at the last minute -- you're both determined to crash and burn, so be it.

Keep this number handy...you (and about few million other assclowns) are gonna need it fairly soon.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 08:34:36 AM by HollywoodNeoCon »

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2010, 08:25:27 AM »
How about some nice microbrew IPA?  Or is this strictly a Budweiser crowd?

Why don't ya go MICROBREW me up a batch of ****ing Budweiser, OK pal?!?

(Had to do that guys. :-))

My views are a mixed bag, but I'm very conservative about gay rights (I want government to stop discriminating against gay marriage and let people pursue whatever sexual interests and marital arrangements they desire, as long as it's between consenting adults).

Um...that's not quite the conservative viewpoint there, sparky. I have the opinion that marriage is between a man, and a woman. However, I have stated before that I think marriage is simply a contract, so I have no problem with gay marriage. These guys know that. I have a problem with homosexuals. Period.

I'm very conservative about the First Ammendment (I want to ensure any religious group can build a house of worship wherever it conforms to local zoning ordinances).

THAT in my opinion, is where you ****ed yourself. At least in my view. If you're gonna come in to the Cave, and start preaching about how radicals building a Mosque on hallowed ground is somehow good or okay, I personally have no use for you.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 08:32:12 AM by Revolution »

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline true_blood

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 07:37:58 PM »
My apologies.

They do! Actually, less gubberment PERIOD!!!!! :-)

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 11:40:51 AM »
My apologies.

And all this time you thought watered down Thorazine would produce the same results as 110% Lithium and full-blast electro-shock therapy.

Hmmm...
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 11:50:36 AM »

First: like the name.
 2) I want government to stop discriminating against gay blaa blaa bla...

**** whatever you want to Nancy. Don't expect the Church or people with faith to condone it.

3) I want government to allow women freedom...

Funny how religious issues of faith are viewed as intolerance by people who demand tolerance.

4) I want to ensure any religious group can blaa blaa blaa.

Protest Homosexuality?
Burn the Koran?
Rebuild their church near Ground Zero?
Wage a holy war?
Hold the Government out of their Church?

another ****ing retard.

How do you feel about Genocide?

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2010, 02:12:11 PM »
 :yawn:

Another day, another chew toy....who will cave soon and leave, if he hasn't already....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.