Current Events > Politics

The GOP Needs to Clean House ASAP...

(1/1)

DefiantSix:

--- Quote ---Arizona GOP chair resigns, claiming Kari Lake's explosive recording was a 'set up'; Lake campaign fires back
By Brandon Gillespie , Alicia Acuna; Fox News | Published January 24, 2024 9:36pm EST

...Arizona Republican Party Chair Jeff DeWit resigned with a lengthy resignation letter on Wednesday, one day after the audio recording was leaked and first reported on by the Daily Mail. In the letter, he claimed the recording was a "deceptive tactic" by Lake and accused her of being "on a mission to destroy" him.

"The tape speaks for itself: The Arizona GOP Chairman Jeff DeWit attempted to bribe Kari Lake. Thankfully, Kari is an extremely ethical person who rejected DeWit’s multiple attempts to offer her money and corporate board seats in exchange for Kari not running for public office," campaign senior advisers Caroline Wren and Garrett Ventry told Fox News Digital.

[snip]

--- End quote ---

Here's a link to how I found out about this cluster****. I'm glad this shitstain, Jeff DeWit still possessed the modicum of ethical sense necessary to RESIGN when he was exposed for doing this, but if he's the ONLY one called to account for this, then he's the FALL GUY.

In the audio, he makes reference multiple times to "this" not coming from him, but from "BACK EAST". IMHO the GOP is condoning and covering up this kind of horseshit if there isn't a thorough investigation into who, precisely, "Back East" is (I have my suspicions, but will keep those to myself for now), and at the very least, "Back East" joins Mr. DeWit in being publicly exposed and joins him in the political unemployment line, poste haste.

This kind of shit is exactly the kind of shit that pushed me out of the Republican Party over a decade ago. I don't know how the rest of y'all can continue to stand being associated with it.

Old n Grumpy:
Politics has gotten so corrupt I don’t think it could ever be straightened out :thatsright:

DefiantSix:

--- Quote from: Old n Grumpy on January 26, 2024, 07:35:59 AM ---Politics has gotten so corrupt I don’t think it could ever be straightened out :thatsright:

--- End quote ---

Hanging a few "examples" from the street lamps surrounding the Capitol Mall would probably go a long way towards straightening out The Swamp... :therock:

CollectivismMustDie:

--- Quote from: DefiantSix on January 26, 2024, 12:26:45 PM ---Hanging a few "examples" from the street lamps surrounding the Capitol Mall would probably go a long way towards straightening out The Swamp... :therock:

--- End quote ---

Make Lamp Posts Great Again!

O-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version