Current Events > Breaking News

MLB moving All-Star Game from Atlanta over Georgia voting law

(1/3) > >>

Ralph Wiggum:
Major League Baseball is moving the 2021 All-Star Game and 2021 draft out of Atlanta in response to a new Georgia voting law that critics say unfairly limits access to the ballot box, especially for people of color.

"Over the last week, we have engaged in thoughtful conversations with Clubs, former and current players, the Players Association, and The Players Alliance, among others, to listen to their views," MLB commissioner Rob Manfred said in a statement. "I have decided that the best way to demonstrate our values as a sport is by relocating this year's All-Star Game and MLB Draft."

The decision follows calls from the White House to consider moving the Midsummer Classic out of Atlanta. President Joe Biden told ESPN on Wednesday that he would "strongly support" pulling the game out of Atlanta because of a law he described as "Jim Crow on steroids."

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31183822/mlb-moving-all-star-game-atlanta-georgia-voting-law

Everything the left has smeared this for is a giant steaming lie.  Sadly, my favorite sport caved to the woketards.

thundley4:
Baseball lost me last year. I saw a tweet from someone that was blue checked from the Cubs' organization saying something about "don't support the Cubs if you don't support BLM".

So I don't.

Drafe Hoblin:
Interested in seeing where MLB chooses to relocate...  They've now boxed-themselves-in to finding a 'stadium-situation' in a State where their vote-criteria is compatible to pre-2021 Georgia. 

In baseball parlance, MLB is caught in a rundown... 

Ralph Wiggum:

--- Quote from: Drafe Hoblin on April 02, 2021, 04:47:54 PM ---Interested in seeing where MLB chooses to relocate...  They've now boxed-themselves-in to finding a 'stadium-situation' in a State where their vote-criteria is compatible to pre-2021 Georgia. 

In baseball parlance, MLB is caught in a rundown...

--- End quote ---

Quite the "pickle".

Once you cave to the woke, it'll never end.  I'm sure some jag-off lib could find a reason to be outraged about absolutely every state or city where the game might end up being held.  The purity tests are ridiculous.

Zathras:
Once again weak people bend the knee to Social Justice Woke crown. Doesn't matter to me as I wouldn't be watching the All Star game anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version