The Help Desk > Suggestions and Feedback

Question about fonts

(1/1)

I_B_Perky:
OK I admit it... I ain't the brightest bulb in the bunch when it comes to site parms. Back before the recent problem the font on the quotes was a tad larger than what it is now. Seeing as I am about half blind, is there anyway to change that? I can barely see anything quoted in posts. The regular posts are the same size, it is just the quotes that are small.  Gives me a headache. If I make everything larger then I can't read the regular posts.  I went to account settings and could not find anything about that.

Sucks getting old.  :banghead:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.   :cheersmate:

Eupher:

--- Quote from: I_B_Perky on November 03, 2017, 08:59:20 PM ---OK I admit it... I ain't the brightest bulb in the bunch when it comes to site parms. Back before the recent problem the font on the quotes was a tad larger than what it is now. Seeing as I am about half blind, is there anyway to change that? I can barely see anything quoted in posts. The regular posts are the same size, it is just the quotes that are small.  Gives me a headache. If I make everything larger then I can't read the regular posts.  I went to account settings and could not find anything about that.

Sucks getting old.  :banghead:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.   :cheersmate:

--- End quote ---

Something I do across the board that's completely apart from the forum's software - just click and hold Ctrl while adjusting the wheel of your mouse (assuming you use a mouse -- I can't not use a mouse). The entire screen will enlarge or reduce depending on which way you roll the wheel.

GOP Congress:
I saw the same thing. There is a fix.

Not sure how you access the main files for this site, but you are looking for a file called "index.css" . Open it in editing mode.

Scroll down to line 296, you will see the following:

/* Line 296 */
blockquote.bbc_standard_quote, blockquote.bbc_alternate_quote
{
  font-size: x-small;

Note that the font-size value is set at x-small. This line should be "commented out."

To do this add the comment tags (/* and */ to the line as shown in red):

/* font-size: x-small; */

Click Save File. That will fix the blockquote font size issue.

GOP Congress:
{{BUMP}}

Is it possible to adjust the site CSS to accommodate the above fix? Thanks.

GOP Congress:
Please consider fixing, or can you let us know if the fix is not possible? Thanks. Squinting is not really my thing these days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version